Immigration, police pairing to fight ...

Immigration, police pairing to fight gangs spurs controversy in...

There are 161 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 1, 2008, titled Immigration, police pairing to fight gangs spurs controversy in.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A study released Wednesday contends that a controversial pairing of local police with federal immigration officials has been a "key ingredient" in the national fight against gangs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Some Guy

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Oct 1, 2008
That's right. Come into our Country on a Trojan Horse and then open the floodgates to the scum and miscreants that terrorize, rob, kill, and maim innocent, peace loving people. Gang members in any form need to be stomped out like the bugs they are. Any attempt to do otherwise for any reason just makes no sense.
Black Eye

Incline Village, NV

#2 Oct 1, 2008
How did the illegals being interviewed for this piece get into MY country in the first place? Illegals are destroying America. Look at what's become of this once great nation. People can't pay their bills because illegals and their kids are sneaking into MY country and doing our jobs for 1/2 what our employers pay. We are stupid for letting this happen. America deserves to die. Look at the anchors on Univision. They're LAUGHING at us. We trip all over ourselves to be politically correct, and we're just letting illegals overrun us and take us over. Hurray for affirmative action. What's worse is the traitors among us who are so egocentric that they feel sorry for others from other nations who are "just trying to make a better life for themselves." You have a bleeding heart and want an illegal to break into MY country and take MY job? Let them come stay with you and eat your food, and wear your clothes, and muddy your floors. I bet you bleeding hearts won't put your homes where your mouths are, will you? Hurray for diversity. Hurray for the death of America. We frickin deserve it!
wow

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 Oct 1, 2008
All obama voters
nobama

Monomoy Island, MA

#4 Oct 1, 2008
great idea !!!!... In fact ,,, the local police have the authority to turn over to I.C.E. every single illegal alien they encounter ...driving unlicensed by illegals is widespread,and when the police have them they need to turn them over for deportation...the days of illegal aliens operating with impunity needs to end....it is a serious issue of public safety and national security .... 90 percent of americans are fed up with the lack of enforcement on illegal aliens and want them OUT OF OUR COUNTRY.....It is a felony to have fraudelent counterfeit documents,and it is a felony to employ,conceal,assist,harbor,a id,abet, any illegal alien....any politician that will not support the deportation of illegal aliens needs to be voted out of office.....
Harry

Miami, FL

#5 Oct 1, 2008
wow wrote:
All obama voters
Illegal immigrants can't vote, moron. Your friend Mr Bush now wants to build a super highway from Mexico to Canada. It may be a good idea if the illegals aren't allowed to get off the road....hahahaha.
nobama

Monomoy Island, MA

#6 Oct 1, 2008
vote people !!!,,,start with all local and national elections....vote for enforcement candidates,and vote out cowardly traiterous incumbents who have caused this national chaos of huge magnitude ,where illegal aliens have invaded our country by crossing over our borders via(mexico)and canada.... tourist visa overstayers and border crossers from brazil are pouring in to florida fresh from the mexican border with the assistance of alien traffickers based in brazil and linked up with mexican smugglers...high offender nations of our laws on illegal presence should be held accountablefor their complicity in this international crime of sending their citizens here to commit crime...mexico and brazil need to be punished for not dismantling these criminal organisations trafficking these people....
Inmates are Democrats

Loxahatchee, FL

#7 Oct 1, 2008
Deport all illegals. They need to get in line behind those waiting lawfully. As far as gangs. How do you think the drugs from outside the US get here? They come in with the same people bringing in illegals. This country needs to clean house or suffer dire consequences. Our Government fails at our citizens most basic needs.
take the risk

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#8 Oct 1, 2008
he says,"That could lead immigrants to stop cooperating with local police, advocates say.
take that risk any day, go for sure thing lockem up n deport them
CaneFan89

Miami, FL

#9 Oct 1, 2008
George Patton for President! American Societal Degradation must cease!
Surrender

Grand Ledge, MI

#10 Oct 2, 2008
I agree with Obama: when thugs threaten you, surrender. When terrorists wish mass destruction and murder, surrender. When, nuclear armed nations threaten and plan attacks, surrender. When illegals enter this country and engage in murder, rape, drug sales, gang warfare, home invasion, drive-by shootings, it is best to surrender and allow them free reign. These are Obama voters and should be signed up to influence our politicians, get healthcare benefits, educate their relatives and keep our law enforcement people employed. If some police get killed in the line of duty, it is only a small sacrifice to show we really care about people who really don't care about Americans or the laws we are supposed to live under. The truth is there are no laws anyone must abide by. The financial thieves worked with congress to steal our bank accounts and investments, now 'immigration activists' are working with these politicians to finish the job by sending blood-thirsty gang members directly to our homes to steal what's left. Vote Obama, Vote Democrat so they can finish the job.

Since: Jan 07

Coconut Grove

#12 Oct 2, 2008
why was McCain one of the authors of the recent Amnesty bill?
big al sharpie

United States

#13 Oct 2, 2008
Send Back the ILLEGAL CRiminals now They have rights & corupt our society
Bob in Boca

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Oct 2, 2008
Bob Louis Jeune wrote:
"They say they're going after gangs, but they target immigrants," said Bob Louis Jeune of Palm Beach County Coalition for Immigrants' Rights.
Sounds like Juene has something to hide. Probably enough for a visit from ice and a review of his "guest" status.
Seer

Xenia, OH

#15 Oct 2, 2008
Harry wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal immigrants can't vote, moron. Your friend Mr Bush now wants to build a super highway from Mexico to Canada. It may be a good idea if the illegals aren't allowed to get off the road....hahahaha.
You're the "moron" if you think that they DON'T vote.

Your amigo, Senor OBanana will GIVE illegals whatever it takes to get them to vote for him......legally or NOT.
DAS

Lake Worth, FL

#16 Oct 2, 2008
hang them ALL
Old School

Miami, FL

#17 Oct 2, 2008
<"They say they're going after gangs, but they target immigrants," said Bob Louis Jeune of Palm Beach County Coalition for Immigrants' Rights.>

Catch illegals and send them back where they came from the same day

" American Coalition for Deporting their Illegal A s s e s s."
DEPORT THEM ALL

Hollywood, FL

#18 Oct 2, 2008
ALL illegals need to be DEPORTED upon being found. NO hearings, NO crying, NO excuses. What doesn't this country understand about the word ILLEGAL?

Our immigration laws are a joke and if the moron in the White House had his way, all fo Mexico would be living in the USA.
LAWYERS R SCUM

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Oct 2, 2008
Black Eye wrote:
How did the illegals being interviewed for this piece get into MY country in the first place? Illegals are destroying America. Look at what's become of this once great nation. People can't pay their bills because illegals and their kids are sneaking into MY country and doing our jobs for 1/2 what our employers pay. We are stupid for letting this happen. America deserves to die. Look at the anchors on Univision. They're LAUGHING at us. We trip all over ourselves to be politically correct, and we're just letting illegals overrun us and take us over. Hurray for affirmative action. What's worse is the traitors among us who are so egocentric that they feel sorry for others from other nations who are "just trying to make a better life for themselves." You have a bleeding heart and want an illegal to break into MY country and take MY job? Let them come stay with you and eat your food, and wear your clothes, and muddy your floors. I bet you bleeding hearts won't put your homes where your mouths are, will you? Hurray for diversity. Hurray for the death of America. We frickin deserve it!
ALL EMPIRES FALL. THE AMERICAN EMPIRE IS DOOMED. THANKS BUSH, YOU KILLED IT
LAWYERS R SCUM

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Oct 2, 2008
Bob in Boca wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like Juene has something to hide. Probably enough for a visit from ice and a review of his "guest" status.
DROP JUENE IN THE OCEAN , SEE IF SH *IT FLOATS
Lawdog

Boca Raton, FL

#21 Oct 2, 2008
Obama is a big supporter of illegals too and I don't like either for it.
NATIVE wrote:
why was McCain one of the authors of the recent Amnesty bill?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 24 min Grey Ghost 1,458,231
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Into The Night 62,314
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr TRUMP WINNERS 312,671
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr YIM 7,942
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,271
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 16 hr Ize Found 71,233
News Fort Lauderdale: Woman critical after freight t... (Jul '08) Dec 2 Leelee126 123

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages