Lynch, Tobin lead; run-off set to dec...

Lynch, Tobin lead; run-off set to decide Broward's chief judge

There are 27 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jul 3, 2007, titled Lynch, Tobin lead; run-off set to decide Broward's chief judge. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two Broward County circuit judges face a run-off next month to decide who will be the new chief judge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Broward Voter at Large

United States

#3 Jul 3, 2007
Judge Victor Tobin was an excellent and well respected defense attorney and has taken his knowledge and respected mannerisms to the bench. He has the respect of the State Attorney's Office, Public Defenders Office and the Law Enforcement community. I wish him the best...
Judge

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Jul 3, 2007
Lynch cut off his doofus hipster long hair in time for the election photos. Get a clue. They will do anything to perpetuate the Chief Judge Dale Ross Crony political agenda.
Former Juror

AOL

#5 Jul 3, 2007
In 2005, I served on the jury of a six-week civil trial presided over by Judge Lynch. He was unfailingly courteous to all parties, while behaving in a business-like manner to speed proceedings along whenever possible. I can't help but think he'd set a worthy example as chief judge.
Former Juror

AOL

#6 Jul 3, 2007
And P.S.: The picture shown online doesn't look like the Judge Lynch I remember.
Judge Ross Is a Class Act

AOL

#7 Jul 3, 2007
To whichever judge succeeds Judge Ross, I wish them the best. I served on a jury in Judge Ross' courtroom and he is a terrific judge.
JENNY

United States

#8 Jul 3, 2007
MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!
TENNESSEE TUXEDO

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jul 3, 2007
THEY ALL ARE CROOKS, SO IT DOESN'T MATTER WHO WINS, WE ALL LOSE!
citzen of south florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Jul 3, 2007
TENNESSEE TUXEDO YOU ARE SO RIGHT IT REALLY DOESN'T MATTER WHO WINS WE ALL LOSE. WHAT JUDGE IS FAIR NONE THAT I'VE SEEN IN THE BROWARD COUNTY COURT HOUSE. THEY COMMIT CRIMES JUST LIKE ANY OTHER CITIZENS OUT THERE. SMOKING POT AND GOD NOW WHATELSE THEY DO. THEY ALL SHOULD BE REPLACE IN MY BOOK.
Local Lawyer

AOL

#11 Jul 3, 2007
All good judges but Lynch would get my vote.
Unsilent Majority

Hollywood, FL

#12 Jul 3, 2007
I wish Judge Rothchild would have ran

“Loud & Proud”

Since: Jun 07

Hollywood, FL

#13 Jul 3, 2007
I say Judge Judy would be better than any of these Judges.
Judge Judy rules!
Magnum

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jul 3, 2007
Yeah right. When Rothschild was in family court, his rulings were wacky because he did not have a clue about family law. Being a nice guy but making stupid rulings because you do not know the law does not make you qualified to sit as chief judge
Unsilent Majority wrote:
I wish Judge Rothchild would have ran
retired

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Jul 3, 2007
LYNCH who has many more years of experience on the bench would get my vote!
The Voice of Experience

United States

#16 Jul 3, 2007
I've known Judge Lynch for years - and much better than the obnoxious young criminal defense attorneys that don't appear before him (but don't want the this "old man" to be chief judge). JUDGE LYNCH IS AN HONEST, ETHICAL, BRIGHT, and HARD WORKING JURIST. The brash young defense attorneys (with an obvious case of sour grapes) can't find anything that Judge Lynch has done wrong, so they are calling for someone without his administrative EXPERIENCE,PROVEN EVEN TEMPERAMENT and HISTORY of TREATING ALL the PEOPLE who work for and appear before him EQUALLY and RESPECTFULLY. Their sole basis of attack is his association with the chief judge and county administrative judges that are stepping down. He has worked with the circuit's existing leaders and, in doing so, has been able to advance SOME of the goals he had when he became administrator for the civil division. What alternative would the critics have preferred - having him stand on the sidelines criticizing the leaders and accomplishing nothing? As defense attorneys, how would they squeal if their clients were being found quilty by association - the way they are trying to find Judge Lynch guilty for his associations?

The people of Broward County could not find a better jurist to lead the judges of this circuit by example!
Myrna in Margate

Schaumburg, IL

#17 Jul 3, 2007
I don't know if Judge Victor Tobin is related in anyway to Jack Tobin, can anyone check it out...

If they are related I would hesitate to vote for, him...

Jack Tobin, a former State Representative from Margate (passed house bill 1042 April 15, 1985). Jack Tobin past president for area-wide council on Ageing (Senior Center NW Focal Point), has also been president of the Margate Chamber of Commerce. Jack Tobin is also the Lobbyist for the City of Margate... City Commissioners meeting approved a resolution (11/02/2005) for the amendment to Jack Tobin and Associates contract for lobbying services...(Why did they have the moral and ethics clause, removed from his contract)??? Is a lobbyist supposed to be representing the citizens??? If so, how can he also represent the Developers??? The City Commissioners’ meeting (10/18/2006) has just approved the renewed his lobbying contract!!!
J. RESOLUTION – Providing for Renewal of a Contract with Jack Tobin & Associates, Inc., to provide Professional Lobbying Services to the City of Margate, effective November 1, 2006.
Is their personal association an influence in their voting as well...
In June 1984, The Broward Grand Jury indicted state Rep. Jack Tobin, D-Margate, Former Commissioner Richard Schwartz and Margate Mayor George Liederman, Lobbyist Jack Cory and others on bribery and corruption charges, which were later dropped, as Rick Schwartz (key witness given immunity) seemed to have developed amnesia when it came time to testify...(Does that tell you anything)??? How can Jack Tobin represent the citizens and still represent the Developers, by bringing other business before the city that he is lobbyist for... These same developers are eliminating the homes of the frail, the seniors, the handicapped and the disabled citizens, as well as those on low income and very-low income... These citizens are being compelled to abandon their pets, their homes and their belongings, like a form of animal cruelty and eminent domain, without fair market value, and no affordable place to go...
Are there any ethic's violations, or conflicts of interest??? Are there any improprieties???

I could continue but they might not be related, or may not even communicate in any way!!!
The Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Jul 3, 2007
Broward Voter at Large wrote:
Judge Victor Tobin was an excellent and well respected defense attorney and has taken his knowledge and respected mannerisms to the bench. He has the respect of the State Attorney's Office, Public Defenders Office and the Law Enforcement community. I wish him the best...
When Judge Tobin was in the criminal division he spent most of the day whining how difficult if not impossible it was to handle a criminal docket. I can not imagine he would make a good chief judge. Judge Lynch on the other hand was the Chief Administrative Judge in the Civil division. He handled it well. He treats everyone fairly and respectfully. Additionally, contrary to what the self-righteous anarchist out there are saying, Judge Lynch will be his own man. Every circuit has its bad apples. Recently, the bad apples in this county have come to the forefront and to the public eye. But, don't let that fool you. This county has some good judges and some bad just like any other county. The world's not coming to an end just because a blog says so. On the day before the celebration of our independence, I salute the good judges of this county. Keep up the good work. The naysayers will always be there. At least until a Miami-Dade judge gets caught child-molesting or a Tallahassee judge gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar or the Tampa judge who blows his brains out..........
HOLLY

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Jul 3, 2007
JEALOUS????
Mayor McCheeze

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Jul 3, 2007
When Judge Tobin was in the criminal division he spent most of
the day whining how difficult if not impossible it was to handle a criminal docket. I can not imagine he would make a good chief judge. Judge Lynch on the other hand was the Chief Administrative Judge in the Civil division. He handled it well. He treats everyone fairly and respectfully. Additionally, contrary to what the self-righteous anarchist out there are saying, Judge Lynch will be his own man. Every circuit has its bad apples. Recently, the bad apples in this county have come to the forefront and to the public eye. But, don't let that fool you. This county has some good judges and some bad just like any other county. The world's not coming to an end just because a blog says so. On the day before the celebration of our independence, I salute the good judges of this county. Keep up the good work. The naysayers will always be there. At least until a Miami-Dade judge gets caught child-molesting or a Tallahassee judge gets caught with his hand in the cookie jar or the Tampa judge who blows his brains out..........

Not all the "bad apples" have come to the forefront and the "public-eye"- only the one's who got caught, who were not even close to the worst judges who are still sitting on the bench here in Broward.
Southern Yankee

Hollywood, FL

#22 Jul 3, 2007
Myrna you are an idiot! What a stupid post when you do not even know if they are related and if they are...so what!!
Myrna in Margate wrote:
I don't know if Judge Victor Tobin is related in anyway to Jack Tobin, can anyone check it out...
If they are related I would hesitate to vote for, him...
Jack Tobin, a former State Representative from Margate (passed house bill 1042 April 15, 1985). Jack Tobin past president for area-wide council on Ageing (Senior Center NW Focal Point), has also been president of the Margate Chamber of Commerce. Jack Tobin is also the Lobbyist for the City of Margate... City Commissioners meeting approved a resolution (11/02/2005) for the amendment to Jack Tobin and Associates contract for lobbying services...(Why did they have the moral and ethics clause, removed from his contract)??? Is a lobbyist supposed to be representing the citizens??? If so, how can he also represent the Developers??? The City Commissioners’ meeting (10/18/2006) has just approved the renewed his lobbying contract!!!
J. RESOLUTION – Providing for Renewal of a Contract with Jack Tobin & Associates, Inc., to provide Professional Lobbying Services to the City of Margate, effective November 1, 2006.
Is their personal association an influence in their voting as well...
In June 1984, The Broward Grand Jury indicted state Rep. Jack Tobin, D-Margate, Former Commissioner Richard Schwartz and Margate Mayor George Liederman, Lobbyist Jack Cory and others on bribery and corruption charges, which were later dropped, as Rick Schwartz (key witness given immunity) seemed to have developed amnesia when it came time to testify...(Does that tell you anything)??? How can Jack Tobin represent the citizens and still represent the Developers, by bringing other business before the city that he is lobbyist for... These same developers are eliminating the homes of the frail, the seniors, the handicapped and the disabled citizens, as well as those on low income and very-low income... These citizens are being compelled to abandon their pets, their homes and their belongings, like a form of animal cruelty and eminent domain, without fair market value, and no affordable place to go...
Are there any ethic's violations, or conflicts of interest??? Are there any improprieties???
I could continue but they might not be related, or may not even communicate in any way!!!
43 yr resident of Broward

Powell, WY

#23 Jul 3, 2007
I knew Dale Ross in Jr. High, High School, College and during his professional career. One truth rings loud and clear. Dale is an honest, intelligent and fair Judge. I wish him well in life and hopes he has a rich and fulfilling retirement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Grey Ghost 1,274,455
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 54,489
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr R C Honey 310,472
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr Smartpantz 97,460
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 19 hr Norbert of Norview 71,944
Review: Bellagio Condo (Apr '11) Wed Matt P 10
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro (Feb '15) Wed From NY 139
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages