South Florida radio icon Neil Rogers ...

South Florida radio icon Neil Rogers calls it quits, retires

There are 444 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 22, 2009, titled South Florida radio icon Neil Rogers calls it quits, retires. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Neil Rogers era in South Florida radio is over. Rogers, for most of the past 33 years the most popular talk host in the market, has reached an agreement that removes his 10 a.m.-2 p.m. program from WQAM immediately.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Another Lawyer”

Since: Feb 07

Weston FL

#279 Jun 23, 2009
There were times that Neil offended me. But on the whole he was the most entertaining broadcaster this town has ever seen.
Dito

Tucson, AZ

#280 Jun 23, 2009
They cut his show off at the knees and he hated doing the show without any material. He always held my attention and I know many people out there including the haters will miss him. Hope he comes back again, but if not, enjoy your extended vacation Neil.
Doral guy

United States

#281 Jun 23, 2009
one less pervert on the air
joe

Pompano Beach, FL

#282 Jun 23, 2009
LU13DOTTK wrote:
To all y'all haters out there, HOW DID YOU KNOW HE SUCKED, ETC., IF YOU WERE NOT LISTENING?! Who's paying you to post?! http://Lu666Cifer.blgospot.com NEIL GOD!
Your IQ must be a bit higher than a rock. This guy was on for over 30 years, I did not like his show but have friends that listened, that is how I know he SUCKED.If you are in your car and fliping through the dials you would hear a bit of your hero. Does that shed a bit of light on how we know he sucked with out listening to this wind bag.
Tom Gaydy

Miami, FL

#283 Jun 23, 2009
Time and Money wrote:
As soon as I heard his voice I would change the station. My goal was to continue to change the station until he was off the air. I did it!!!!
Congratulations. Now try going out and get a life now.
Rodney

Miami, FL

#284 Jun 23, 2009
Dito wrote:
They cut his show off at the knees and he hated doing the show without any material. He always held my attention and I know many people out there including the haters will miss him. Hope he comes back again, but if not, enjoy your extended vacation Neil.
"Absolutely correct sir." I've been a listener for 20 years and his current show was a mere shadow of itself. They de-balled the old man but he was still as sharp as ever.
Harry

Boca Raton, FL

#285 Jun 23, 2009
just us wrote:
he was a bore whose audience consisted only of elderly "northeasterners".
You may be right, but those people bought stuff from the advertisers or they would not have paid him so well.

And in radio it is all about the money...
If you get results, you stay no matter what you say.
Jon

Cape Coral, FL

#286 Jun 23, 2009
Poofters don't belong on radio.

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#287 Jun 23, 2009
Neil GOD - we are gonna miss you! But you got the last laugh, you aren't down here in South Florida anymore!

Since: Dec 07

West Palm Beach, FL.

#288 Jun 23, 2009
Ware Cornell wrote:
There were times that Neil offended me. But on the whole he was the most entertaining broadcaster this town has ever seen.
You are correct, sir!
Steve

Stanford, CA

#289 Jun 23, 2009
Even after he's off the air, the mean-spirited, nasty venom of South Florida continues to rear it's ugly head. That's South Florida -- a cesspool. Twelve years of my life wasted there. Everything Neil said about that whole area is true. People who move to Florida are people who just couldn't make it somewhere else. So all the losers get lumped (dumped) into one big festering dumpster. Just what are all you hate mongers going to do now that Neil's gone? Answer: get a life! And, WQAM (and Joe and Joyce) can go to hell!!

Best to you Neil! A legend the likes we'll never see (or hear) again. Radio is now officially dead.
jen

New York, NY

#290 Jun 23, 2009
LOVE YOU UNCLE NEIL!!!
longtime listener....
you are a great talent...one of the brightest, the best, the funniest!
urlnts

Yonkers, NY

#291 Jun 23, 2009
What will happen to his horse,"Trigger"?
joe

Pompano Beach, FL

#292 Jun 23, 2009
LU13DOTTK wrote:
ENOUGH of the posts calling Neil a PEDOPHILE.
Can you say SLANDER?! LIBEL?!
Oh, OK sorry please do not sue us! Get a life and an education. Are you serious?
Half of the story

United States

#293 Jun 23, 2009
Anthony wrote:
So many phony people on here hate Neil. For you to hate the guy means you had to listen to him to hate him in the first place. You can say you hated him, but you won't admit that it was hard to turn to another station when he was on!!
So many people hated Howard Stern. Rogers is in the same boat. You either love him or hate him but you can't stop listening
Uh yea, Stopped listening after about 2 weeks. Not going to say I hated him, but about 2 weeks was my limit. Never went back.
Defender

United States

#294 Jun 23, 2009
This is dedicated to your good works, so you think.

http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1109/1109...
ThanxForCalling

AOL

#295 Jun 23, 2009
Neil God !
Lawrence Foster

Pompano Beach, FL

#296 Jun 23, 2009
Good Riddance!
JAF

United States

#297 Jun 23, 2009
I will miss Neil. Show has not been the same for a while, maybe Neil can find someone that will let him be himself on the air. I have met him a few times at Hockey games and always was nice. The Radio show was a SHOW!
Will miss his point of view!
phil

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#298 Jun 23, 2009
Pied Piper wrote:
I should be amazed reading all of these hateful comments, but I'm not. Neil was a radio genius. Obviously, most of you are too simple-minded to appreciate his wit. He made fun of EVERYONE, mostly himself. In his honor, I'm going to take a big, steamy, smelly Joyce tonight.
"you are correct sir" ...I'll take a JOYCE" too ~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min moshx 1,479,723
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 71,309
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 7,987
What's with Reviving all these Old Threads? 2 hr Probation Officer 1
News Public defender to file more challenges against... (Apr '09) 2 hr Ann Kvaskia 16
Fort Lauderdale hospital reviews (Jan '12) 3 hr Lily 43
Derrick Jones former wave 3 anchor from louisvi... (Aug '13) 12 hr unknown 26

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages