South Florida radio icon Neil Rogers calls it quits, retires

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Neil Rogers era in South Florida radio is over. Rogers, for most of the past 33 years the most popular talk host in the market, has reached an agreement that removes his 10 a.m.-2 p.m. program from WQAM immediately.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of444
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
AL SHARPTON

Cartago, Costa Rica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

THANK GOD HE is OFF THE AIR I HOPE FOR GOOD
howpomp

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Thanks for all of the laughs and interesting talk. You are one of a kind. Enjoy your time off.
Chris Lowell

Jupiter, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Oh Neil my Queen Godddd !
Tim

Homestead, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Good Riddance , you Filthy McNasty!
drew

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Neil Rogers is at the bottom of the ratings and this move is long overdue....now he really has something to complain about
EVK

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

look I have to be honest I listen to 560 strictly for sports...im glad this racist piece of sh*t is gone.
Bill Caulder

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Sorry to see Neil go!!
Victim of Society

Montgomery, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Hasn't been funny or interesting in about 2 decades.
Floridian AE

Lima, Peru

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

The day has finally come when this individual with an overinflated opinion of himself is off the air.

May he remain in toronto and rot.
the sentinel humor forums

Key West, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Yeah, I heard that guy once or twice years ago. He was the worst thing I have ever heard.

Completely nasty, everything negative, juvenile, gross, etc.

To this day, I hardly turn on 560. It kind of just became ingrained to stay away from the station.

And I usually don't care too much one way or the other, but I really disliked that mound of negativity - even in the minor brush.

Whew! At least sports are just what they are...a way to pass the time and not really all that important. Not some crazy, mean jerk who has nothing good to say about anything.
Truth

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

I must say that even the haters still kept listening to neil. Often imitated but never duplicated. Thanks Neil
Good

Chapel Hill, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Enough was enough of this guy. Too bad that he was in this market spewing his hate for so long. I did listen to him for a while and found him to be insulting.
So enjoy your retirement, enjoy your money, and enjoy Canada. I can't think of a better place for him especially since he always complained about our neighbors to the North!
The Kooch is Back

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

ROY!
patrickfll

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

At 41, and a Neil listener since the pope arrived in florida: I hope he returns.

I take comfort in intelligence,caustic intelligence is entertaining.

I will listen to Jim Mandage, because he is an entertaining man: not because he is a jock.

Wqam is clearly not thinking well.

Sayonara......
moe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

It's amazing how hateful most of these comments are and yet he was consistently the highest rated talk host in SF. You either loved him or hated him, but you couldn't turn it off.
Thanks Neil. You gave me many laughs. You'll be sorely missed. Now go and get a life.
Missing Neil

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Neil is awesome. Not afraid to tell it like it is. I know a lot of people in South Florida will miss the Bridge Tender and Eisner bits. Thanks for everything Neil. I wish you well.
steve b

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Unn-beliveable! Have a wonderful life.
FinsWinFinsWin

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Neil Rogers was a south FL icon - and leave it to a queen to have the biggest balls in all the land!

He was a breath of fresh air because he told the truth about every self serving, self righteous douchebag in Florida. Only fitting that we get more of the "jockocracy" once his show goes. We love ya - Neil God!
Broward Citizen

Hialeah, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Just what we needed in this market, even more mundane, brain cell killing sports talk.
Harry S Truman

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2009

Long Time Qam listener but they might as well shut off the Transmitters!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of444
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Fort Lauderdale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Fort Lauderdale People Search