FSU cheating scandal, FSU football, Bobby Bowden, NCAA

Florida State football coach Bobby Bowden watches as his Seminoles try to hang onto a fourth-quarter lead in a 37-29 loss to Miami at Doak Campbell Stadium on Oct., 2007 TALLAHASSEE - The NCAA 's Committee on ... Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Uh-Huh

West Palm Beach, FL

#1 Mar 6, 2009
Great. I'm sure all the scum-sucking, living-in-glass-house Gators will be posting their rants here.
The Old Ball Coach

Bedford, NH

#2 Mar 6, 2009
I didn't make the "Free Shoes U" zinger without good reason. It's about time F$U got what they've had coming for a long, long time.
George

Burbank, CA

#3 Mar 6, 2009
Sad that Joe Paterno will now be the all time champion based on a technicality. But, that pretty much summarizes the history. Penn State played with class. Florida State played by cheating.
My name is Coco

Atlanta, GA

#4 Mar 6, 2009
Bobby you are a good man, and you have been a great coach, but it is time to retire.
AE Banks

Orlando, FL

#5 Mar 6, 2009
I love the Noles
chop this

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2009
LOL Who are the real cheaters. us canes always knew it was FSU. Poor Bobby he can now go out to the farm and spend his final days out to pasture.

Since: Feb 09

West Palm Beach

#7 Mar 6, 2009
No surprise here. It happens at all Colleges.
Gary Levitt

Delray Beach, FL

#8 Mar 6, 2009
As a Penn State alum (class of '64), I couldn't be happier that Joe Paterno will end his career as the winningest coach in DIV1 history. Joe has never had an NCAA sanction, graduates 75% of his players, and is a treasured asset to his University and to college football. That said, I'm sorry the Coach Bowden will leave with this unfortunate stain on his hall-of-fame career. Florida State has been lucky to have him and his family representing the Seminole nation.
Dave

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Mar 6, 2009
If it happens at "all colleges," why is FSU always getting caught, instead of "all colleges?"
Thanks

Chicago, IL

#11 Mar 6, 2009
To all of the scum bags involved in this scandal, thank you for doing this to us. Look what you have caused. Hopefully you got an "A" in your online music class you moronic donkeys.
GatorJay

Bedford, NH

#12 Mar 6, 2009
Bummer. There won't be a drive-thru in the state that won't be backed up starting Saturday morning. All the F$U alums will be too tanked to go to work for a couple of days.
Silly Rabbit

De Leon Springs, FL

#14 Mar 6, 2009
Dave wrote:
If it happens at "all colleges," why is FSU always getting caught, instead of "all colleges?"
You do realize this was self-reported, right?
NE FL Native

Saint Augustine, FL

#17 Mar 6, 2009
It is a sad situation for the Noles and we will now pay the penalty for the idiots that cheated on, of all things, a music test! The penalty is fitting! Not quite the "death penalty" that AE Banks has ranted about for so long though! Notice he isn't surfacing his ugly head - yet!
Truth Is

Melbourne, FL

#19 Mar 6, 2009
Hey idiots...they REPORTED IT THEMSELVES when they found out!! Shows a lot more class than schools like UF...but then again, they are busy hiring terrorist to run their nuclear programs!!
Bobby

Smithfield, OH

#20 Mar 6, 2009
FSU turned its self in and tried to handle it in house, but I guess it wasn't enough.They shouldn' have said anything and nothing would have happen. Stupid! This won't affect them as bad as you think. They are a younger team then pen and have all the players they need to hold them off for the next four yrs.If they take any wins taken away it will only be a few so don't count bobby out.
Capt Ben

Destin, FL

#21 Mar 6, 2009
I hope this will be appealed to the last second. This is a crock and undeserving because it is excessive. There will be an uprising in the Tribe to rescend this outrageous report or there should be. Bobby Bowden is the best coach in college football and has proven it without standing results on and off the field. He doesn't need the most wins to have this title. He will always be the best...
Pathetic

Garfield, NJ

#22 Mar 6, 2009
The headline should be:

FSU Guilty of Cheating.

NCAA: "It's okay"

The NCAA just sanctioned academic fr9584aud with these weak sanctions. Unless you're New Mexico.
Eat Mor Chikin

Miami, FL

#23 Mar 6, 2009
Truth Is wrote:
Hey idiots...they REPORTED IT THEMSELVES when they found out!! Shows a lot more class than schools like UF...but then again, they are busy hiring terrorist to run their nuclear programs!!
With help from all the felons on the Univ. of Felons football team to boot.
Anal Entry Banks

United States

#24 Mar 6, 2009
They post a picture of BB to get all the ignorant florida fans to read. It's not about the football team. Just a bump in the road.
Go Noles!

Looking to go deep in the NCAA Tourney!
Uh oh

Longwood, FL

#25 Mar 6, 2009
The folks who should be most unhappy about this are the FSU fans, and particularly those going to school there over the next 2-3 years, because with some of Bowden's 382 wins now being taken away, he will want to stay on board as HC for even longer than he otherwise would have so as to beat Paterno.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Bluestater 1,109,500
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,609
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 1 hr reese 226
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr Pearl Jam 305,564
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 8 hr Real Person 2,482
Review: Moving Forward Inc 11 hr jeff 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr Eric 69,368
•••
•••
•••

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Fort Lauderdale People Search