Pancho the crocodile, suspected of ea...

Pancho the crocodile, suspected of eating three dogs, relocated...

There are 82 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 17, 2008, titled Pancho the crocodile, suspected of eating three dogs, relocated.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

A huge American crocodile called Pancho, suspected of eating three dogs in a bayside Coral Gables neighborhood, has been caught and relocated for the second time, the state's Fish and Wildlife Conservation ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Joe Blo

Winter Garden, FL

#66 Dec 18, 2008
Broward County wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. The notion that humans should step aside to make room for a freakin' dinosaur-era animal that is only making a comeback because humans are doing everything in their power to preserve it is insane. These things should have been let go the way of the dinosaur. We have a million alligators in the state. What is the point of bringing these things back from the brink?
well I see we have a MO-ron on the boards.

this is a croc, not a gator.

American crocs are critically endangered. You probably didnt even know there was such a thing as an american croc did you. or maybe you figure a croc and a gator are the same thing?

u think they wud make a fus over a gator, as there's millions of them? if it was a gator it would have been skinned by now. too bad stupid will never be extinct.
Proud to be a Liberal

Miami, FL

#67 Dec 19, 2008
EVJ wrote:
<quoted text>Pave the world is that your moto?
...No...just survival of the fittest...that is why we have the everglades...they can stay there...
If you are so against development and civilization, there are still quite a few rainforests that have space for you..

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#68 Dec 19, 2008
Joe Blo wrote:
<quoted text>
too bad stupid will never be extinct.
Humans will too die out .
jimbob

Newberry, FL

#69 Dec 19, 2008
Broward County wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. The notion that humans should step aside to make room for a freakin' dinosaur-era animal that is only making a comeback because humans are doing everything in their power to preserve it is insane. These things should have been let go the way of the dinosaur. We have a million alligators in the state. What is the point of bringing these things back from the brink?
So how many crocks are they in the state ?
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#70 Jan 19, 2009
Poncho lives behind my house! Yes, he was caught a few weeks ago but he is back! He is a large "American Crocodile" who HAS eaten at least three dogs! And YES I DID SEE THEM IN HIS TEETH! I am not saying that it is his fault however, it is upsetting. I understand that these prehistoric creatures were here way before us however, when an 11ft crocodile demonstrates unnatural behavior and camps out in your back yard it is terrifying. I was unaware of the crocodile situation when I moved here but was made aware 10 minutes after the movers left. There has been a crocodile in my backyard everyday since. Please understand that this is not the norm and Poncho is not either. So forgive me if I sound rude for saying "unless YOU have lived with this situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE SAYING! Poncho is too big and too used to people! I welcome you to come and sit in my backyard and see if the hair on your neck stands up when he approaches YOU.

Since: Jan 07

Coconut Grove

#71 Jan 19, 2009
I kayak with him, I welcome you to join....oh and, you are camped out in his back yard
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#72 Jan 19, 2009
You may kayak with them and that sounds lovely. However, Poncho has been exposed to and grown to be comfortable around humans. Oh and by the way, I agree with your remark as I essentially spelled it out in my prior post. "I am not saying that it is his fault however, it is upsetting. I understand that these prehistoric creatures were here way before us however, when an 11ft crocodile demonstrates unnatural behavior and camps out in your back yard it is terrifying." That was my statement. Surely, we can word it that I am in his front yard! No problem with that. I am an animal lover however, when an 11ft crocodile is within feet of me and is not demonstrating natural behavior, I am a little concerned. Here is the news link that shoes "poncho" hanging out. It was not determined to be Poncho until he was captured as the tail was not visible for id.

http://www.nbc6.net/news/17817992/detail.html
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#73 Jan 19, 2009
Proud to be a Liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
...No...just survival of the fittest...that is why we have the everglades...they can stay there...
If you are so against development and civilization, there are still quite a few rainforests that have space for you..
Unfortunately crocs return on many cases from the location from which they were removed

Since: Jan 09

Boca Raton, FL

#74 Jan 19, 2009
pps wrote:
Pancho, great job for taking care of unleashed dogs. Owners never learned to put their dogs on a leash, their dogs deserved to be eaten by Pancho! I was at T.Y. park last monday and this lady let her 3 silky terriers loose at the park, while she wanders around with her girlfriend. Her dogs were chasing all the wildlife-birds, squirrels and other dogs in the park. Only one dog has a tag while the rest has none! She was about several miles and you can see that her dogs can easily be lost or be picked up by somebody! If I did not my dogs with me, I would have picked up all her dogs and bring them to the dog pound and let them fine her for breaking the county and city leash law. She never even clean up after her dogs when they defecate in public! There should be a regulation, if pet owners will not clean up after their pet, they must step on their dog poop otherwise pick it up!

Just a little tid bit for you.The dogs were in the BACKYARD! Was it Pancho's fault?? No, it was a disturbing incident that you don't expect to see in your backyard. So please feel free to shovel your poop when you know what the poop is!

Coconut Grove

#75 Jan 20, 2009
Ponchos housemate wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little tid bit for you.The dogs were in the BACKYARD! Was it Pancho's fault?? No, it was a disturbing incident that you don't expect to see in your backyard. So please feel free to shovel your poop when you know what the poop is!
YOU didnt expect to see it, doesnt mean I didnt expect it. I think you should maybe try and catch him and eat him ..plus make some nice stuff with his hide. Or just get used to the idea and watch your pets...
Pancho

Pompano Beach, FL

#76 Jan 20, 2009
I want to go to Michael Vick's house, please.
The Guy you love to hate

Columbia, MO

#77 Jan 22, 2009
I have NEVER heard this many ingnorant people speak at one time in all my life! There is a large animal that could attack a person at anytime and all you small brained assholes are making jokes about it! Now a few of you tree huggers have a point. The Croc was here before the people, but Florida (like the rest of the USA) is growing. It's a fact of life! As with ANY North American animal, when their habitat is taken away, they come to your home.
The fact of the matter is that their is a large PREDITOR living around humans. This animal has been taken away twice now. It's been said (not proven) that domestic animals are disapearing. It's food people! Then you have the tree huggers who "LOVE ANIMALS", but feed the ducks and geese that are supposed to MIGRATE back north, but because they have a wonderful buffet of food at their leisure (tree huggers and their bread) they stay around which brings in MORE FOOD for the croc. Everyone wants to BLAME someone or something for this animal being around, but they do NOTHING to resolve the issue! Instead, they make jokes about it and one asshole even used the screen name Poncho. WTF?
Instead of bitching about the problem or joking about it, get off your lazy ass and do something to resolve the problem before someone gets flippin killed! You can NOT change the fact that humans have moved into this animals habitat. SO, move the flippin animal where it can live in a zoo or...don't you guys have the EVERGLADES? Can this animal be moved there?
Everyone wants to "PROTECT" the animals, but sometimes you have to protect yourself. If this animal stays around and kills someone, then everyone will bitch that NOTHING WAS DONE!!! Well, something was done. You made jokes about it. You can't have survival of the fittest when you're surround by a bunch of idiots! Maybe that's why the Croc stays around. He has all you stupid people to feast on! BUT, that's just my opinion!

Coconut Grove

#78 Jan 23, 2009
dude, youre a complete imbecile

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#79 Jan 23, 2009
"the guy you love to hate" ...

You have no clue on so many levels , I won't even try to enlighten you .
Cloner

Pompano Beach, FL

#80 Jan 23, 2009
Clone the bad boy and put an army of them on the Southern US border.
I say

Jonas Ridge, NC

#81 Jan 23, 2009
Cloner wrote:
Clone the bad boy and put an army of them on the Southern US border.
A good start, but save some for Haiti also.
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#82 Jan 23, 2009
confucious say wrote:
this story is a Crock of s-----
I wish! He is in my backyard or I am in his front yard (depends on how you look at it)The story is not a crock! He is back and outside behind my house at this very moment. I can send you pictures of him and the black lab he swam with in in mouth. I finally got animal control to get the dog that had been floating by my children's playroom.
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#83 Jan 23, 2009
NATIVE wrote:
dude, youre a complete imbecile
You don't have a clue and the person above you made very valid points. As I said, you are welcome to come sit in my backyard and see how you feel as he approaches you. He isn't doing anything wrong but he is too used to people and it's not a good scene. he's out back right now just sitting there. So open your mind a little and realize you don't live this I DO!
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#84 Jan 23, 2009
NATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU didnt expect to see it, doesnt mean I didnt expect it. I think you should maybe try and catch him and eat him ..plus make some nice stuff with his hide. Or just get used to the idea and watch your pets...
this croc is supposed to be removed from the wild because he has returned 3 times. he is not acting like a croc and needs to be in a facility. I watch my pet. You run out of something educated to say so you babble bs. I don't have time for people that rather just pick or argue for lack of better things to do. I am doing something about it
Ponchos housemate

Boca Raton, FL

#85 Jan 23, 2009
NATIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
you don't have a clue

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Jacques Ottawa 1,744,470
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min June VanDerMark 336,661
News Florida's Top Ten Gay Beaches (Jan '14) 16 hr Bi curious Crossd... 25
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 17 hr zazz 98,708
Add.ys.xana.x bl.ack,rox.y bL.ues.etc Fri Creole 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Apr 14 FART ABS 64,568
News Stormy Daniels to appear at South Florida strip... Apr 13 Miami Mike 4

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages