New senior pastor chosen for First Pr...

New senior pastor chosen for First Presbyterian Church of Fort ...

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 16, 2009, titled New senior pastor chosen for First Presbyterian Church of Fort .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

First Presbyterian Church chose a new senior pastor Sunday, two years after the former pastor resigned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Dick

Deerfield Beach, FL

#1 Mar 16, 2009
The previous senior pastor at First Presbyterian, David Berry, was accused of sexual misconduct in 2007

The irony....

Since: Dec 06

Lehigh Acres, FL

#2 Mar 16, 2009
Coral Ridge Pres. Church also voted on a new Pastor yesterday. Has anyone heard the results of that vote? Kinda thought it would be in the news this morning as well.
ronbo

New Orleans, LA

#3 Mar 16, 2009
Yes, It's official, CRPC elected in Rev Tullian Tchividjian of New City Church to be the new Senior Minister.
Joe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Mar 16, 2009
Who cares. Religion is all a big con game anyway. Not to mention the single greatest cause of war and misery.
Madden

Spartanburg, SC

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Joe wrote:
Who cares. Religion is all a big con game anyway. Not to mention the single greatest cause of war and misery.
Really? I guess your not counting the billions in philanthropy it generates every year. I don't see too many atheist organizations handing out turkeys on Thanksgiving.
over there

Columbia, SC

#6 Mar 16, 2009
The former reverend got what he deserved. Check out www.formerrevdrdavidgberry.com
Christian Honey

Jupiter, FL

#7 Mar 16, 2009
It's very sad to see that there is so much negativity and lack of faith about religion in today's world. Maybe people would be more positive and lead happier lives if they walked the walk with our Father!

The new pastor is a wonderful man and greatly welcomed to FPC.:)
Christian Honey

Jupiter, FL

#8 Mar 16, 2009
Dick wrote:
The previous senior pastor at First Presbyterian, David Berry, was accused of sexual misconduct in 2007
The irony....
get over it and move on Dick. let it go
anon

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Mar 16, 2009
Madden wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I guess your not counting the billions in philanthropy it generates every year. I don't see too many atheist organizations handing out turkeys on Thanksgiving.
You realize Bill Gates is an atheist, right?

And you crow about turkeys.
anon

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Mar 16, 2009
Christian Honey wrote:
It's very sad to see that there is so much negativity and lack of faith about religion in today's world. Maybe people would be more positive and lead happier lives if they walked the walk with our Father!
It's even sadder to see how negative religions are about human beings.
Chapter And Verse

AOL

#11 Mar 20, 2009
Over in Naples, the very married Presbyterian minister quit after getting caught lining up dates on the Internet. What is it with these guys?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 13 min Injudgement 1,497,938
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 hr Mothra 63,392
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr ThomasA 313,386
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 71,396
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 11 hr zazz 98,348
News Hialeah one of nation's least diverse cities, s... 16 hr Second Amendment ... 3
Annika Dean Mormon Crisis Actress 18 hr Darren Jones 5

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages