Police investigate 22-year-old's shoo...

Police investigate 22-year-old's shooting death

There are 79 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Feb 15, 2009, titled Police investigate 22-year-old's shooting death. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Police are investigating the slaying of a 22-year-old Newport News man who was found shot to death at his home on the 3700 block of Chestnut Avenue early Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
WvWs

Virginia Beach, VA

#1 Feb 16, 2009
Newport News is back in the race! Keep up the good work guys!
John Weeda

United States

#2 Feb 16, 2009
RIP,Antonio Tavarus Davis. My condolences go out to the family. You my friend are in a better place now, away from the tragic world that we have become.
WhY

United States

#3 Feb 16, 2009
R.I.P Antonio Davis a.k.a Bone,you are definately in a better place, where u can no longer feel pain, and guilt. Your kids will be fine dont worry, you have a strong wife. love you n we will miss u
Cuttingedge

Portsmouth, VA

#5 Feb 16, 2009
My prayers to the family. Thank God also that this did not happen while Booker T. Washington students were in session. I remember all to well of the murder that occured just around the corner at the Atmosphere on Christmas Eve of 2007. Rest in peace young man,God will handle your ignorant and immature slayer his way. He/She(They)will not go unpunished. GOD SAYS SO!!!
Sharon

United States

#7 Feb 16, 2009
Why is it that most of the people who get killed in downtown, Newport News homicides are never solved is it because they feel like because of the low income community they shouldnt try that hard to solve the murder. You still must remember this is someone's son!
Ummmm

Suffolk, VA

#9 Feb 16, 2009
Sharon wrote:
Why is it that most of the people who get killed in downtown, Newport News homicides are never solved is it because they feel like because of the low income community they shouldnt try that hard to solve the murder. You still must remember this is someone's son!
It's because the thugs have a no snitch policy!!
RIP

United States

#11 Feb 16, 2009
RIP Bone, you didnt deserve that you wasnt even that type of person. Whoever did that was mad and jealous of you. You will always be missed and never forgot, they're day will soon come believe it!! Everybody LOve You!!!!!
Brownsugar4life

Hampton, VA

#13 Feb 16, 2009
My prayers go out to family....his wife goes is a member of my church and it is really sad that those babies will more than likely never remember there father because they are so young. Yes this is someone's child that has lost there life and no I don't know the whole story of what happened but someone has to bury there husband, son, and daddy. We need not sit in judgement of others some of you are so ignorant, but you have all the sense and all the answers!! Get a life!
Sharon

United States

#15 Feb 16, 2009
It's because people are scared to tell but if the community will get together and tell on the people who are doing these crimes the thugs cant kill everybody! The Community Must Make a Stand and do something if they want a change!
working for it

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2009
Maybe it is because no one saw a thing!! There could be 100 people on a street corner or in a bar where a homicide occurs and when the police arrive no one saw a thing. If the people of the community find this acceptable then it must be OK that the youth are killing each other. It is called an acceptable social norm. It starts with the attitude of the citizens. The police can't do it alone. They can't be on every corner to see everything and the TV cop shows a very unrealistic in crime solving. So the next time you see someones child murdered in the street, let the police know what you saw.
Sharon wrote:
Why is it that most of the people who get killed in downtown, Newport News homicides are never solved is it because they feel like because of the low income community they shouldnt try that hard to solve the murder. You still must remember this is someone's son!
RIP

United States

#24 Feb 16, 2009
How can you be so cruel when someone is dead. What do you gain from this? Your day will soon come and God only knows what will be said about you. You must be very miserable with your life and he must not have gave two F**ks about you!
RIP

United States

#30 Feb 16, 2009
You right but no matter what a person did in the past their gone now so why say cruel things?
WOW

Hampton, VA

#32 Feb 16, 2009
I am appalled and sadden that someone would be so careless to slay a person in the manner they did. What is even more upsetting is how i am reading these ignorant and illiterate excerts about his death.The reality of it all is young black men in the community idolize others who have more around them becasue they dont have anything themselves. They were never taught right and do wrong. SO what if, he did what he did in the streets, the rest of you do it just to make a dollar. Does that mean your MOTHER FATHER OR SON should be shot in the head. the sad part is im pretty sure alot of people know what really happened, believe me in a couple of days someone will be a suspect on the news, god doesnt let those go unpunished. Im sure he did what alot of young men are doing to feed his family.Any person glorifying his death god will be punished too. Whoever wrote such comments probably doesnt have an education past 10th grade. You are either a male who has dirty shoes on his feet and nowhere to go or a strung out female mad becasue you couldnt take a hit. why be upset your mother's and father's are still alive to go to the next corner and get high. MY thoughts and prayers go out to his family and the people who care about him.
Happy Day

Moseley, VA

#33 Feb 16, 2009
Actually I am a highly educated female with a degree.
Be sad until its your kid who they shot next for riding his bike down the road. Thats what happened to my cousin, so yes I have the right to state my opinion..
NN Representer

Hampton, VA

#34 Feb 16, 2009
RIP wrote:
RIP Bone, you didnt deserve that you wasnt even that type of person. Whoever did that was mad and jealous of you. You will always be missed and never forgot, they're day will soon come believe it!! Everybody LOve You!!!!!
I knew BONE personally & you are right he wasn't that type of person. He was a good man, father, son, and husband. Whom ever did this to him was an evil, satanic person and I pray that GOD is very swift with revenge. RIP BONE WE LOVE YOU!
NN Representer

Hampton, VA

#35 Feb 16, 2009
Brownsugar4life wrote:
My prayers go out to family....his wife goes is a member of my church and it is really sad that those babies will more than likely never remember there father because they are so young. Yes this is someone's child that has lost there life and no I don't know the whole story of what happened but someone has to bury there husband, son, and daddy. We need not sit in judgement of others some of you are so ignorant, but you have all the sense and all the answers!! Get a life!
You are right I know Bone and his wife and their two young children. I hope that someone in the community hears something so that justice is swift in this case.
oooo

Tappahannock, VA

#36 Feb 16, 2009
WvWs wrote:
Newport News is back in the race! Keep up the good work guys!
how ignorant i hope you burn in hell

Since: Aug 08

Chesapeake, VA

#37 Feb 16, 2009
You must still remember to band together and "snitch". This is your problem, not the Police not wanting to catch the criminals. Until then everything is "hear say".
Sharon wrote:
Why is it that most of the people who get killed in downtown, Newport News homicides are never solved is it because they feel like because of the low income community they shouldnt try that hard to solve the murder. You still must remember this is someone's son!
lexx

Newport News, VA

#40 Feb 16, 2009
r.i.p bone i didnt really know u like that but whenever i would c u u always was this laidback person and happy but u dont have to worry nomore you're in an much much better place you wil be truly miss r.i.p bone
NN Representer

Hampton, VA

#41 Feb 16, 2009
WBC040 wrote:
You must still remember to band together and "snitch". This is your problem, not the Police not wanting to catch the criminals. Until then everything is "hear say".
<quoted text>
You are wrong this is everyones problem. We all must take accountability for the community as a whole not just certain parts we live in. Furthermore, the "no snitching" policy in NN is very much over-rated. A lot of times when a victim is well liked in the community (like my good friend BONE) people do come forward and tell what they know. It takes time and effort from the police department to shift thru the information to decide if it is relevant to the case or not. Look at all the violent crimes in the city of NN most of them are solved with information from witnesses. That may not be the case with non violent crime where most people just think that you should mind your own business. In any case in order for the police to do its job it needs help from everyone. I am really praying for Bone's wife and small kids, that who ever knows anything please tell. He did not deserve to die this way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min USAsince1680 1,433,271
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min iamheaven18 61,510
News Obama founder of ISIS, says Trump 2 hr BabyDoll 138
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 4 hr zef 311,907
Review: OPTICIAN, Dr. Gary Enker World Eyeglass... (Feb '10) 6 hr Bro 14
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Ize Found 71,058
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 hr rabbee yehoshooah... 72,039

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages