Hollywood police arrest Davie pastor after girl, woman allege m...

There are 122 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Feb 11, 2009, titled Hollywood police arrest Davie pastor after girl, woman allege m.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Neighbors of clergyman Felipe Arroyo on North 65th Avenue said his home seemed a safe haven for children - with regular weekly prayer services, television for watching cartoons and a pool table.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Carmen Flores

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Feb 11, 2009
How easily it is to accuse a person and without prove a person can be charged and taken to jail just because 1 person is making all accusations. Where is the justice in that??? The question is for the young lady??? After all this time you are going to make an accusation like that? Why now?
Janet Crespo

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Feb 11, 2009
Beloved Brothers & Sisters of Christ, Gods' calling continues..... We all can fall but how many can get up? This flesh is wicked but our hearts and mind is Gods'. Keep having the faith Felipe Arroyo, we love and support you regardless the untruthfulness. Be strong and now is the time to show the faith we have in Jesus Christ. Amen!
Dryback

Miami, FL

#3 Feb 11, 2009
Thanks for your generous contributions to our society, you dirty, lying, cheating b'eaners.
Shana

Hollywood, FL

#6 Feb 12, 2009
Ms. Flores, from the article:

"Arroyo later called the child's parents to beg for forgiveness, they told police. They reported him to police Saturday."

Why would he need to beg forgiveness if he didn't do it? There are now *two* women saying he did this, and I bet there will be others now. Don't blame the victims for what he did.

I am always amazed that people allow their children around these guys simply because they claim to be a Christian minister or priest. Oldest line in the book, after: "My wife doesn't understand me..."

Send this pedophile to jail for a very long time. If he gave a hoot about children, he would have got help for himself a long time ago, and not been around kids.
Pastor is a Creep

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Feb 12, 2009
There was a clue that he was a molester because any man who's house is a "safe haven" for children, offering a pool table, movies, cartoons and especially prayer services shows that it was actually a "scary place" for children who were more than likley told "God" would punish them if they told he was "touching" them. Don't the parents of the children remember the Catholic Church? I mean that one church is responsible for destroying so many lives while hiding behind the word "God". Come on parents keep your eyes open when it comes to the kids. No one is "that" nice!
Dilligas

Jupiter, FL

#8 Feb 12, 2009
Yes, he was always inviting the neighbors in for prayers. He was prating that he could get their children, and then praying that he didn't get caught.

Too bad he wasn't a politician. He could then say that he was a sex addict and go to rehab and all would be forgiven.
chopper

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Feb 12, 2009
I you so called parents allowed this to happen to your children as I always see you pawning your kids off at any givin chance you have. Last week I gave away a free all you can eat buffet to a person that could articulate why they deserved it. I got some real doozies for answers ie I just want to get away from my kids for an hour or two! Mind you I dont mean everyone is a bad parent, there is maybe one or two out there that knows what being a mommy or addy is all about. You did the crime so do the time.
El Creepo

United States

#10 Feb 12, 2009
Si!
WoW

Hollywood, FL

#11 Feb 12, 2009
Doesn't really renew my faith in God.
KidSafe Mama

United States

#12 Feb 12, 2009
It takes a tremendous amount of courage for a child to disclose sexual abuse. We cannot know the power (especially of a so called pastor) held over this child. She should be commended for coming forward as well as the woman. Children do not lie about sexual abuse.
Children and their parents need to be educated about how to keep their children safe. He set up a classic 'safe haven' and possibly even had his wife fooled as to who he really is. For further help and information www.kidsafe-usa.com
Ron

Palm City, FL

#13 Feb 12, 2009
I love the clergy. They can do no wrong because they spread the word of God.
He should follow the Pope and just deal with Nazis and then he can do whatever he wants.
Joe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Feb 12, 2009
Send this piece of crap back to where he came. However, before he leaves, cut his ---- off.
Joe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#15 Feb 12, 2009
Janet Crespo wrote:
Beloved Brothers & Sisters of Christ, Gods' calling continues..... We all can fall but how many can get up? This flesh is wicked but our hearts and mind is Gods'. Keep having the faith Felipe Arroyo, we love and support you regardless the untruthfulness. Be strong and now is the time to show the faith we have in Jesus Christ. Amen!
Janet are you actually as stupid as you sound? I bet you even give this pervert your hard earned money in an effort to support his actions. Perhaps if you were not so old he would rape you too.
lab-rat

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Feb 12, 2009
This is news? And in a related story, the sun rose in the east today...
blanca reigosa

Fort Myers, FL

#17 Feb 12, 2009
i know he...is a good person.

they is alway try to make latin peoples looks bad.

terrible!
Burt Reynolds

West Palm Beach, FL

#18 Feb 12, 2009
the church is a bigger scam going than TARP, when are people going to learn.
Have to say

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Feb 12, 2009
Isn't it funny how the left/Liberal paper always puts this stuff on the front page. Their not trying to knock christians ? No way ! What a joke ! I would rather have Jesus Christ on my side than not. Have fun in HELL !
Have to say

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Feb 12, 2009
Burt Reynolds wrote:
the church is a bigger scam going than TARP, when are people going to learn.
The only scam is the devils scam on your soul ! and God have mercy on yours !
WOWoWOW

AOL

#21 Feb 12, 2009
o gee now here is a surprise
just kill him too disgusting pathetic sad scum of a man
meeshee

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Feb 12, 2009
I make no excuse for his action toward these young ladies, however to your comment that they don't lie about this type of behavior I have to beg the differ some of them do lie about it and it ruin the lives of these men.
KidSafe Mama wrote:
It takes a tremendous amount of courage for a child to disclose sexual abuse. We cannot know the power (especially of a so called pastor) held over this child. She should be commended for coming forward as well as the woman. Children do not lie about sexual abuse.
Children and their parents need to be educated about how to keep their children safe. He set up a classic 'safe haven' and possibly even had his wife fooled as to who he really is. For further help and information www.kidsafe-usa.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,232,433
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min TRD 70,017
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr mikeniceee 309,860
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 2 hr Ftlcrossfit 48
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 53,485
News Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florid... 15 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 3
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 17 hr zazz 97,252
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]