Sunrise takes on owner of 'ugliest' h...

Sunrise takes on owner of 'ugliest' house

There are 227 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Sunrise takes on owner of 'ugliest' house. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

At first glance, you might assume the house has been abandoned, just another foreclosure victim.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Havetosay

Pompano Beach, FL

#85 Jun 10, 2009
Just another example of Government controlling paople ! You never really own your property ! These freakin people act as if they are our parents ! GO AWAY BIG GOVERNMENT ! GET OUT OF OUR LIVES ! You progessive / Lberals need to crawl back under your rocks !
Rex Steele

Hollywood, FL

#86 Jun 10, 2009
Havetosay wrote:
Just another example of Government controlling paople ! You never really own your property ! These freakin people act as if they are our parents ! GO AWAY BIG GOVERNMENT ! GET OUT OF OUR LIVES ! You progessive / Lberals need to crawl back under your rocks !
Then have him move next to your dumba**...why should these people suffer because you and he are scumbags?
Jeff

Miami, FL

#87 Jun 10, 2009
There's a big difference between rightful protest of a government order and letting your place go to waste. And where did he get the idea that his neighbors loved him? The only thing they'd love to see is him getting hauled away by Sheriff Lamberti's minions. They'd all be cheering.

“DADDY'S HOME”

Since: Oct 08

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#88 Jun 10, 2009
guess when another hgurricane comes he will have everything cleansed by mother nature.

F the city of sunrise. all they want is revenue in these trying times and this is another way of them trying to make a buck.

dont speed, wear your seatbelt so the filthy pigs cant make money off of you as they already work OT like crazy and your ticket just paid their OT.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE.....we get taxed on everything.
blanca reigosa

Naples, FL

#89 Jun 10, 2009
es he house, they need let he have the way he want!!!
Susie

Spartanburg, SC

#90 Jun 10, 2009
this guy should be cited for running a slavage yard in a residential zone. He admitted he makes money off of it, that could qualify as a business. If not, he should be baker acted for the obvious mental issues he has with hoarding. If a woman can be taken away for having 20 cats in her home, this guy should too! What a health hazard.
PBC Resident

West Palm Beach, FL

#91 Jun 10, 2009
I will defend this guy even though I don't know him. First off, if you live close to him and don't like what you see, there is always a fence or hedge you can put up.

Why should "ugly" be illegal? Who decides what "ugly" is? You get rid of this guy and one day they will come after you. You think you are so perfect? Well, maybe they want you to get rid of your dog since it's not a purebred? Maybe your car must go next since it's 10 years old and it's paint is fading. Maybe they take away your six year old son because he makes too much noise? Oooohh, there's a weed growing in your lawn.

And I've seen plenty of property owned by the government which is full of trash and junk. I've seen canals and vacant lot's full of snakes, rats and varmin. The sewer in front of your house can hold as many varmins as this mans property.

I can't believe people want the government to have so much power. You people are the ugliest I've ever seen.
Okydocky

United States

#92 Jun 10, 2009
Welcome to Broward County!
Sunrise the third world city of America!
Lookup the moron!
Words of the Day.....White Trash!
Evict the guy....Cleanup Sunrise!

Since: Jan 07

Fort Lauderdale

#93 Jun 10, 2009
no wonder he doesnt work....he is a nut case
huh

Miami, FL

#94 Jun 10, 2009
huh
nice

United States

#95 Jun 10, 2009
That is so disgusting....If he wants to keep all that crap he should of just bought a huge warehouse to keep it all in for what he has paid in fines....He is not old or unabled to keep his property up that is just ridiculous....Why the cities are at it I say fine the people for painting their houses purple and orange and dark blue...I guess its freedom but it makes neighborhoods look soo trashy it does not look good people do you honestly think a dark purple house looks good? Anyway back to the article....I don't see how they have the right to say what is or what isn't on his lawn but he could of saved alot of money just getting a warehouse and it does look nasty and unkept and it is unfair to the neighbors. Yes it is his house yes he did buy it but does everyone have to suffer for that? All them buckets and stuff laying around building water that is turning green and breeding mosquitos eggs and bugs..its unhealthy and gross...I don't know I am mixed on this I am like how dare them how can they fine hime for his own house and property and then again I am glad I don't live next to him because that is just plain nasty...I am guessing he is single
cant fix stupid

AOL

#96 Jun 10, 2009
Okay so let me see if I have this right... The city tells him to trim his tree, he gets mad and decides to turn his yard into a junk pile to get back at the city.
Yeeech what a jerk.
Het nut case if that referigerator is woth five bucks as scrap, and you are unemployed and need money, sell the damn thing get the gas money and the secondary effect will be to clean your yard. OBTW, with the improvements in photo technology the diminishing need for professional photographers, you're never going to work again unless you find a new line of work

Since: Oct 08

hollywood, fl

#97 Jun 10, 2009
There may be more than unemployment and hurricane damage in play here. Has the city or county sent out a social worker or someone to do a back-of-the-envelope mental-health assessment?
nice

United States

#98 Jun 10, 2009
Bill Slowsky wrote:
There is a picture now and it is confirmed that it is the home of concerned one.
LOL hahaha omg that is too funny mean but funny
Kim

Pompano Beach, FL

#99 Jun 10, 2009
So, I just finished looking at all those pics of this guy's house. I do believe he has a right to keep his home the way he wants (it is his), HOWEVER, most of that crap will turn into missles the minute a good wind blows, thus jeopardizing his neighbors' homes and safety. I am thankful I don't live on his street. Good luck to all involved.
American Soldier

Miami, FL

#101 Jun 10, 2009
Believe wrote:
If he doesn't work, then he has plenty of time to clean up his mess. I feel sorry for all of his neighbors.
Not to mention, if he celaned it up and scrapped it all, he could make money off it.
Mike

West Palm Beach, FL

#103 Jun 10, 2009
Havetosay wrote:
May your neighbor decide to set up a rifle range in his back yard, store hazardous waste in 55 gal drums, raise a few hogs and play rap music, at high volumn, 24/7. It has nothing to do with liberals or conservatives you fool. It has do with living in a manner not unnecessarily harmful to your neighbors, or like a dangerous, selfish idiot. Any lawyer who takes this clowns case should be required to write one million times: "I will not engage in frivilous litigation". What do you want to bet he is 'represented' at taxpayer expense.
Dan From Boston

United States

#104 Jun 10, 2009
Prime example of a serious mental illness. Why can't the police pick him up and bring him in for an evaluation ( and clean up the yard while he is gone )?
good neighbors

Pompano Beach, FL

#105 Jun 10, 2009
Bella wrote:
He says his neighbors all love him.
That is because it is his property, if you do not like it move to a gated community where it is not your property.
pie

Boca Raton, FL

#106 Jun 10, 2009
Go get the city to coordinate all the section 8 housing beneficiaries to go clean up his property and charge him one day labor and a truck rental lien on hnis property

Let the tax dollars already spent work for Americans, put the freeloaders to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr moshx 1,483,218
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 5 hr DAVID27 313,226
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 62,981
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 9 hr TRD 71,320
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,316
Annika Dean Mormon Crisis Actress Jan 19 Joseph Smithy 1
News Multiple people shot, at least 3 dead at Fort L... Jan 19 Robbie Parker 2

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages