MIssing Maurice Jefferson , Fort Laud...

MIssing Maurice Jefferson , Fort Lauderdale boy who disappeared...

There are 69 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 25, 2009, titled MIssing Maurice Jefferson , Fort Lauderdale boy who disappeared.... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Known as "Red" because of the color of his hair and complexion, Maurice Jefferson was never easy to forget.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Liz

Peoria, IL

#7 Mar 26, 2009
Maurice Jefferson??? I never heard about this case. Who are his parents???Was the last name Jefferson his mother's maiden name or his father's last name???? Maybe the father came and got him and than they moved to another state. Maybe if they reenact a movie,maybe the young man will come out of hiding. I hope that he is alive. But I would lean more to the father's side of the family.
Joe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#11 Mar 26, 2009
It has been a LONG time since this young man has been seen. I do hope he is alive, but what are the chances?
Usaidit

Pompano Beach, FL

#12 Mar 26, 2009
Redneck wrote:
She ate him!
Flour, eggwash and corn meal, and she deep fried his arse!
He was the very first deep fried turkey!
Redneck, U have serious issues and need help. Hurry and get before your misery kills you.
bill white

Pompano Beach, FL

#13 Mar 26, 2009
probably been in prison this whole time.
Einstein

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Mar 26, 2009
What is worse ... missing him or not knowing what happened ?
Fed Up

Miami, FL

#15 Mar 26, 2009
bill white wrote:
probably been in prison this whole time.
He would have called. The police would have known that. I think someone killed and buried him. Sorry to say that, but no one can just disappear like that.
Steph

AOL

#16 Mar 26, 2009
I really can't believe all the negative comments on here. A child disappeared, gone. Someone loved him, he was someone's son, grandson, and all you people can do is make jokes about it? What if it were your child? Doesnt' matter one bit how long it's been, it's still an awful thing to live wtih. Pray that someone you love never disappears, then maybe you would not see the humor. My heart goes out to that family. I hope that there is some closure that comes out of this.
Liz

Peoria, IL

#17 Mar 26, 2009
Steph wrote:
I really can't believe all the negative comments on here. A child disappeared, gone. Someone loved him, he was someone's son, grandson, and all you people can do is make jokes about it? What if it were your child? Doesnt' matter one bit how long it's been, it's still an awful thing to live wtih. Pray that someone you love never disappears, then maybe you would not see the humor. My heart goes out to that family. I hope that there is some closure that comes out of this.
So my comment was negative??? I never heard of this young man back in 1983.I hope his mother finds out what happened to him. She does deserve closure.
Obama bin Biden

Port Salerno, FL

#19 Mar 26, 2009
He was kidnapped by a white hippie woman drifter and brainwashed into thinking she was his mom and he was abandoned by his Kenyan dad.
Miramars Finest

Powder Springs, GA

#20 Mar 26, 2009
Steph wrote:
Well put. My sentiments exactly.
cookie

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Mar 26, 2009
I hope this brings the answers home for the family-good luck
JoeFriday

United States

#22 Mar 26, 2009
There have been many missing cases solved, and unfortunately not a lot of happy endings....Just recently a van was found in Coral Springs with the body ( remains ) of a missing person who was reported missing 30 years ago. Another van was found in a western Broward canal with the remains of 5 young men and woman who were heading to California, they were never heard of again and the families thought they were all living in Ca. I don't know what happened to this young man, but, with everyone that had searched for him and still nothing, I would believe there is a past we don't know about......I don't think we will find out.
Great

West Palm Beach, FL

#23 Mar 26, 2009
idea for this documentary! I give a big applaud to this young lady doing this. No matter, the religion, race, heritage, height or weight this is a human being! Join together for the sake of all innocent children. Red, I am a mother of 3 boys, and this story saddens me. However, your blessed grandmother and mother are keeping this story alive! What a loving family you have Red! You are blessed RED, and you will forever be in my heart. Just from a loving mother in Wellington! GOD BLESS
Rigitoni

Stuart, FL

#24 Mar 26, 2009
Usaidit wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck, U have serious issues and need help. Hurry and get before your misery kills you.
Learn English pronounciation and spelling before you bash me!
Redneck

Stuart, FL

#25 Mar 26, 2009
Usaidit wrote:
<quoted text>Redneck, U have serious issues and need help. Hurry and get before your misery kills you.
Woops! Wrong alias!
Learn English pronounciation and spelling before you bash me!
dinorah perry

Hollywood, FL

#26 Mar 26, 2009
First, I would like to Thank Terry O'Neal fro Lend Your Hand. She's doing a unique documentary on Maurice Jefferson in Ft. Lauderdale Fla on Arp 2-Apr 6, 2009. Pls join us by holding a candle for Maurice on Sun at 3pm at 31Av/Broward Blvd.
Maurice went missing/kidnapped in 1983 and I know you hold the key to unlock this horrible situation. Pls do right by God and by Maurice's family. You can remain anonymous...
Maurice is eithe one of our John Doe or he's located in a make shiff grave. Maurice's family is begging you to help ease the endless pain, endless frustration, the endless tears by telling them what happened to their child or by helping them find Maurice.
Kindly, Dinorah Perry Missing Children International Ministries
Einstein

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#27 Mar 26, 2009
Liz wrote:
<quoted text>So my comment was negative??? I never heard of this young man back in 1983.I hope his mother finds out what happened to him. She does deserve closure.
What makes you think it is about you, Liz? Did you fail to note Redneck's ludicrous comment? Some people really don't understand that they are not the center of attention.
Laurie

Pompano Beach, FL

#28 Mar 26, 2009
Did Red ever make it to see his friend?
Did anyone see him in the area?

No wonder they never found this young man, and I doubt they will now when this story doesnt give us the citizens of Broward county more information.
Uh Oh

Xenia, OH

#29 Mar 26, 2009
Obama bin Biden wrote:
He was kidnapped by a white hippie woman drifter and brainwashed into thinking she was his mom and he was abandoned by his Kenyan dad.
Too funny!!! Hahahaha.

But in all seriousness, my heart goes out to this family - not knowing must be horrible - I hope this film brings you some comfort.
non-subscriber

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#30 Mar 26, 2009
I can't help but wonder where Jeffrey Dalmer was living at in 1983 when this boy disappeared. Dalmer's name came up in the Adam Walsh case who disappeared and was murdered in 1981. Turned out that Dalmer was living in Hollywood, FL at the time of Adam's murder. BSO has recently started a cold case file online called "Found and Forgotten" at sheriff.org for anyone who wants to check out the unsolved cases for Broward County. I hope this case can be solved and give some closure for the grieving family after all these years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min obama muslim 1,567,801
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr cpeter1313 315,370
News Curly-Tailed Lizard Population Threatens Native... (Mar '08) 15 hr Kimberlyrenee62 151
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Wed zazz 98,454
Should we re-elect Ted Deutsch Wed coralspringsresident 1
Review: ABS Exotic Repair (Jun '11) Jul 25 Mercedes Owner 4
1987 dead woman found on Hayes St Jul 25 joan 2

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages