Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1563311 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#730826 Sep 4, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Look, Carol is going to spin it how she sees fit. By the time O'Reily gets done with her Obama will have set the Reichstag fire. No offense Carol.
Homer kindler, gentler, history buff
I read the transcript.

You all are completely off base and dead wrong.

So many empty buildings where businesses were forced to close down where I live. Very depressing.

Time to turn the page.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#730827 Sep 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court says you're a moron.
Abortion is legal.
A woman has aright to do with her own body as she wishes.
Your religious definition of when life begins does not belong in Government.
Keep your religious definition of marriage in your church & out of my government.
Tax cuts reduce revenues. Refer back to spending more than you take in.
We had a balanced budget when Clinton left office. Then the Republican, led by Bush & Paul Ryan, voted to take us off that path.
You claim to be this Republican yet you will vote for those who do nothing that you claim.
Are you just stupid?
Driving is legal.
Watching television is legal.
Eating ice cream is legal.
If abortion were a right, states wouldn't have the power to restrict that "right"
If Marriage were a right, state's would not be in control of issuing marriage licenses.
There would be no need for a license.
I feel bad for you that any of this needs to be explained in the first place.
Now if you're not the one who feels stupid at this point, you're even dumber that I thought.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#730828 Sep 4, 2012
yepperz wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over it. Earlier this month, Ryan incorrectly said Obama broke a promise. Ryan cleaned up account at convention, but important context still missing. Call it whatever you like Carol. Would expect nothing less.
Lyin' Ryan will take the heat for Lyin' Mitt:

It's not easy to get up in the morning, training them to do your job so that you can be made unemployed," said Borman, pictured, a mother of three who has worked for 23 years at the Sensata auto sensors plant.

Borman knows her eventual fate in the stricken economy that surrounds Freeport. "I am going to be competing for minimum wage jobs with my own daughter," she said.

I didn't have a clue what Bain was before this happened," said Cheryl Randecker, 52. "Now when I hear Romney speak it makes me sick to my stomach."

The loss of 170 solid well-paying jobs will ripple out into this economy, further straining city resources, hurting businesses and eventually adding to Freeport's foreclosure problem. "There is a sense of fright. People don't know what this means for their families, their health insurance and whether they will keep their homes," said mayor Gaulrapp

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/aug/1...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#730829 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
CNN - November 19, 2008 - "When the GM plant closes for good on December 23..."
http://articles.cnn.com/2008-11-19/us/ohio.pl...
Ryan said "Senator" Obama was at the plant while still on the campaign trail. That means the plant was still open since this article was published in November and it didn't close down until December.
There was no lie whatsoever.
There are a lot of empty buildings and plants all over this country.
Time to turn the page.
You know he took office in January of 2009, yes?

Homer, kindler, gentler, in need of clarification
Florida

Tampa, FL

#730830 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama DID say the government would keep that plant open over for another hundred years!!!
IF those people voted for him!!!!
This is going to be a hellish two more months dealing with desperate people like yourself.
You don't have empty stores, businesses, warehouses and plants still empty everywhere where you look where YOU live? Because you're the only one if so.
Hair Plugs for Brains Joe O'Biden is the intellect of the of the Democratic Party. A grin with a liberal idiot behind it.... Carol...
-
Put them all back in chains... Carol...
-
Obama 'Promised America Candy, But Left The Democratic Convention with empty seats and America With Cavities...
-
AND... You know there is something wrong with Obama when the best feeling democrats had about Obama was the day they voted for him in 2008..
-
It's the culture...

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Location hidden

#730831 Sep 4, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is legal in this country; gay marriage is legal in some states and is inevitable; as is universal single payer healthcare paid through taxation.
If you have a gun, then kill yourself, because progress will be made with or without you; better to put yourself out of your misery now.
Something being legal does not make it a right.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#730832 Sep 4, 2012
FALCONER wrote:
<quoted text>
W/O a cash for clunkers program, who is going to buy those taxpayer funded cars?
What about the 23 plus million Americans who have no job?
Where is their bailout?
What part of the constitution gives the President the power to bailout private industries?
Why is it that the average responsible American household knows that you cannot spend more than you take in without destroying their own household,yet you'll vote for someone who believes that its alright for the government to do so?
The destructive results will be the same only on a national scale and with longer if not ever lasting damage.
Do you have any clue on your party's record in the federal government?
And so it goes

Scottsbluff, NE

#730833 Sep 4, 2012
Democratic National Committee chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz claimed on Monday that Israel’s ambassador to the United States has accused Republicans of being “dangerous” to Israel by criticizing President Obama’s record.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/israeli-a...

But the Israeli embassy has now released a statement from Ambassador Michael Oren responding to the Examiner report.“I categorically deny that I ever characterized Republican policies as harmful to Israel,” the statement reads.“Bipartisan support is a paramount national interest for Israel, and we have great friends on both sides of the aisle.”

http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2506873...

Dems have...
no new ideas
no new promises

A BIG Bunch of Lies hoping that they do not get caught.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#730834 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
One more time for all the desperate (bordering on sadly pathetic liberals)...
It was Senator Obama who was at that plant a few months before it closed down.
Senator Obama promised those workers that plant would stay open if they voted for him.
It didn't. And neither did hundreds and thousands of other businesses.
How could it stay open when it was closed?

Yep that Bush recession hit many many companies.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#730835 Sep 4, 2012
"Because of the stress, James recently gave up his side gig dealing cocaine and other drugs to patrons of Charlotte's high-end bar scene. But he says he can't pass up the opportunity the first week in September will bring.

"I will be loaded up that week," he says."
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#730836 Sep 4, 2012
Hey New Yawk? I was looking for your post on rape, couldn't find it. I wish you'd repost it.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Location hidden

#730837 Sep 4, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably think rape should be legal too. You're sick in the head beyond repair.
You don't think at all.
You are however a nasty,vile,disgusting individual and do not deserve to share the oxygen on this planet.
carol

Orlando, FL

#730838 Sep 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was there Feb of 2008.
GM first announced the closing in a June 2008 board meeting.
The plant was closed when Obama took office.
Why didn't Paul Ryan save this factory in his home town????
No one implied Obama was the reason the plant closed.

He just shouldn't have made promises he couldn't keep.

The government has done diddly squat to keep businesses and companies from going under. Which is what he promised.

He just wanted votes. Same this time.

“WISDOM IS A GIFT”

Location hidden

#730839 Sep 4, 2012
President Starky wrote:
<quoted text>
President Starky say's you must stop using racist code words such as "Constitution,Chicago,Pro fessor,Food stamp,Tax & spend,Obama care,Freedom,Liberty,Rights,Go d,America.
"Stuff's gettin better"
I don't know what any of this means.
I'm assuming that you're joking.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#730840 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
One more time for all the desperate (bordering on sadly pathetic liberals)...
It was Senator Obama who was at that plant a few months before it closed down.
Senator Obama promised those workers that plant would stay open if they voted for him.
It didn't. And neither did hundreds and thousands of other businesses.
Carol slowly bailing, she's starting to spin the story in another direction.

Homer, kindler, gentler, spin cycle on high
JEB

Bakersfield, CA

#730841 Sep 4, 2012
Suppose that the presidential election were being held today and you had to choose between Barack Obama as the Democratic Party's candidate, and Mitt Romney as the Republican Party's candidate. Who would you be more likely to vote for:

Barack Obama (D) 52%

Mitt Romney(R) 45%
Gunner

Middletown, CT

#730842 Sep 4, 2012
Democrats Banish “God” From Party Platform?

Guess what? God’s name has been removed from the Democratic National Committee platform.

This is the paragraph that was in the 2008 platform:

“We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.”

Now the words “God-given” have been removed. The paragraph has been restructured to say this:

“We gather to reclaim the basic bargain that built the largest middle class and the most prosperous nation on Earth – the simple principle that in America, hard work should pay off, responsibility should be rewarded, and each one of us should be able to go as far as our talent and drive take us.”

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#730843 Sep 4, 2012
"For some conventioneers, it isn't what they'll be bringing back to their private parties -- it's who.

"There will be women for sale," says Charity Magnuson, "and most of them will have been trafficked one way or another.""

No wonder they want free contraception.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#730844 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama DID say the government would keep that plant open over for another hundred years!!!
IF those people voted for him!!!!
This is going to be a hellish two more months dealing with desperate people like yourself.
You don't have empty stores, businesses, warehouses and plants still empty everywhere where you look where YOU live? Because you're the only one if so.
Ever get the feeling Jean's brain trotted off without her?
-
It's scary when lily and Jean start posting noise, the same noises as a coffee maker makes...
-
AND... Consciousness is Jeans most annoying time between naps...
-
It's the culture...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#730845 Sep 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the transcript.
You all are completely off base and dead wrong.
So many empty buildings where businesses were forced to close down where I live. Very depressing.
Time to turn the page.
The problem my dear Carol is you blame Obama for Bush's legacy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr weaponX 315,162
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 14 hr zazz 98,444
News Ex-Israeli family says it was booted from plane... 18 hr Just Do Not Fly 1
News Fort Lauderdale mural opens doors for artist Fr... (Feb '08) Wed Red 12
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
News Southwest Airlines prepares for more growth wit... Jul 12 BScott 3
Derrick Jones former wave 3 anchor from louisvi... (Aug '13) Jun 29 just wondering 28

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages