Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601540 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#664100 Jun 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it. They way you right wingers think.
Yep that damn Rodney King got beat up by a bunch of tough guys cops who got away with it & caused the riot & its Rodney King's fault/
Not the cops who beat him.
Not the trial that called them not guilty.
If only Rodney King hadn't asked to be beat up.
never mind that he was on acid driving a car leaving a robbery and fighting the police that were doing what they had to to subdue the thug. they should have shot him then and kings drug sales robberies and the shooting of a man he was robing would have never happened. but hey the blacks involved in the riots all got new tv's and stuff as they burnt down their own neighborhood and robed the bushiness in response to being mad at a the white guys.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#664101 Jun 17, 2012
carol wrote:
If this guy is even half right, things don't look all that good in the possible near future. But flack's been saying that for some time now.
http://www.morningliberty.com/2011/06/20/econ...
Let's hope they're at least not 100% accurate.
Well, this is how he thought 2012 would look:

By 2012, the "American Empire" is collapsing. In the U.S., basic staple goods like quality food and water are too expensive for most people to afford,(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) and "food riots" happen across the country (T.J. Summer 09, pg.1). Major American cities look like disaster zones, and mass homelessness exists across the country. Crime is rampant, with much of it being directed at the rich.(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) Kidnappings and ransomings of rich people are on the rise. Average people fed up with big government, high taxes and out-of-control spending join tax revolts.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 1) The world is also experiencing major environmental problems and "the blackest of plagues." The global financial system has also "melted down" and the situation is very bad outside the U.S.(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) The advanced industrial economies collapse first, and their sagging consumer spending drags down the export-based economies of emerging economies next.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 2)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#664102 Jun 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The conservatives that want the bailout?
Those conservatives?
Kind of backwards over there, huh?

The increased taxes and liberal entitlements caught up with them. Believe it was called social democracy.

They voted for the European version of the "conservative" approach - more taxation, decreased wages and slashing the budget - to stay in the euro.

Maybe if they had gotten their ducks in a row a long time ago...i.e. slashing the budget first, their taxes could have been lower without a decrease in wages. But they liked their entitlements without having to make the sacrifices for far too long.

Sound familiar?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
frank

Humble, TX

#664103 Jun 17, 2012
Jesse Jackson got out of the shower and was drying off when he looked in the mirror and noticed he was white from
the neck up to the top of his head. In sheer panic and fearing he was turning white and might have to start working for
a living, he called his doctor and told him of his problem.
The doctor advised him to come to his office immediately. After an examination, the doctor mixed a concoction of
brown liquid, gave it to Jesse and told him to drink it all.
Jesse did, and replied, "That tasted like bull sh**!"
The doctor replied, "It was, Jesse. You were a quart low."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Aspers, PA

#664104 Jun 17, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text>never mind that he was on acid driving a car leaving a robbery and fighting the police that were doing what they had to to subdue the thug. they should have shot him then and kings drug sales robberies and the shooting of a man he was robing would have never happened. but hey the blacks involved in the riots all got new tv's and stuff as they burnt down their own neighborhood and robed the bushiness in response to being mad at a the white guys.
They were not leaving a robbery.

My God, another right wing liar.

Is there a right winger posting here that is not a liar?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Emil StaaarBuck Goes 2 Kennett”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#664105 Jun 17, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Sure we've seen idiots like you before Ruffie, but we had to pay admission you roof top clown...

It's the culture..
********Speaking_of******** "Roof_Top_Clowns?********
Your speaking of "roof top Clown" just reminded me that *I* never even 'tried out' for THAT part... I'm wondering if you ever told our 'bro' how HE almost got the Academy Award' for THAT role... Remember whut ya told me how he came home after a late night shift at the factory and had left hid door key at work and how he went up on the roof top to swing down into the bedroom of his and his old ladys apartment?

You should tell him that story about how his old lady told you all about that night... Betting he might think that as really funny, huh?

NOPE, never did any "roof top clown act' myself..., never did...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#664106 Jun 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
They were not leaving a robbery.
My God, another right wing liar.
Is there a right winger posting here that is not a liar?
my mistake he was on his way to one. to bad he didn't try swimming when he was a child before he started his life long criminal thug career.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664107 Jun 17, 2012
The Sordid Truth wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of people on welfare are white girls living with their parents. I don't believe every republican is a racist....but I do believe every racist is a republican.
It's a redneck rampage. Barefoot and preggers is how we like em!
God,Guns,Guts,Gonorrhea!!!
all such statistics are bogus when not adjusted for percentage representation in the population.....

blacks are over-represented in every negative category...

including racists...

but, it's the economy, stupid...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664108 Jun 17, 2012
simple wrote:
<quoted text>which part do you not like. The part where there has now been 27 straight months of job growth or where he killed Bin Laden? Maybe you don't like more oil produced in the US since 2003. Could it be he bailed out GM and now they are the number one company in the world as far as sales?
Government Motors is the Walmart of the auto industry...

basic low-end Chinese merchandise for the masses....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664109 Jun 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So he does talk about the economy.
Make up your mind.
GFY
the only reference to the economy by Obama is to blame Bush for his own repeated failures...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664110 Jun 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The conservatives that want the bailout?
Those conservatives?
versus the opposition that just wants to party on and hope for a miracle....

no good options here...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664111 Jun 17, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Cindy Sheehan, as it was reported, got tired of being used by the liberal left and faded into obscurity.
Cindy returned to school to become a brain surgeon...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#664112 Jun 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
No not a brain surgeon, a brain donor...reportedly, after the procedure there was no significant change on her EEG.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tournefort

Chicago, IL

#664113 Jun 17, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are advocating war because of environment issues in Iraq but ignore the environment here in the US?
Instead of throwing out "straw men"....

Why don't you address the ISSUE of the post, the inability/unwillingness of the United Nations to prevent the gassing of the Kurds, the destruction of the marshes and the decimation of the population that once lived there, the genocide in Rwanda, the genocide in Darfur, the millions suffering in detention camps in North Korea, the thousands who are dying in Syria?

Tell us YOUR suggestions for making the UN more effective in addressing and preventing such atrocities WITHOUT resorting to war.

Or do you not give a damn about them?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
RuthlessChamberm aidDolt

Stratford, CT

#664114 Jun 17, 2012
Ruth Chambers holt wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU have any idea as to WHEN the 'real' "Grey Ghost" plans on returning to this forum?
I understand that he is on vacation but I could have sworn that I saw him posting here just a week or about 10 days ago...
Any idea as to when he will return?
Grey Ghost is still incarcerated. Look for him to be on parole as soon as your term is up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#664116 Jun 17, 2012
The Sordid Truth wrote:
The GOP
G Gang
O OF
P PEDOPHILES
"Sordid"
Most democrats I know are sane folks, misguided perhaps but sincere in their beliefs. And the there are losers like you, left wing loon nuts who are:
D umb
E nigmas
M oronic
O nerous
C laptraps
R atty
A ssine
T urds
Describes you to a T.
Peace
KMA

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Time For Your Medicine.... heh”

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#664117 Jun 17, 2012
It's gonna be so cool when the GOP and Birthers start repenting for their sins on Jan 20th 2013. And then, they will recognize that the Dems will be in office 20 more years)))

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nobama

United States

#664118 Jun 17, 2012
MixedandProud6663 wrote:
It's gonna be so cool when the GOP and Birthers start repenting for their sins on Jan 20th 2013. And then, they will recognize that the Dems will be in office 20 more years)))
you want Greece???...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#664119 Jun 17, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this is how he thought 2012 would look:
By 2012, the "American Empire" is collapsing. In the U.S., basic staple goods like quality food and water are too expensive for most people to afford,(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) and "food riots" happen across the country (T.J. Summer 09, pg.1). Major American cities look like disaster zones, and mass homelessness exists across the country. Crime is rampant, with much of it being directed at the rich.(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) Kidnappings and ransomings of rich people are on the rise. Average people fed up with big government, high taxes and out-of-control spending join tax revolts.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 1) The world is also experiencing major environmental problems and "the blackest of plagues." The global financial system has also "melted down" and the situation is very bad outside the U.S.(T.J. Summer 08, pg. 1) The advanced industrial economies collapse first, and their sagging consumer spending drags down the export-based economies of emerging economies next.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 2)
Let's hope he just wasn't off by a year or two.

He pretty much had Obama's outcome nailed.

By 2012, Obama is viewed by most as a stale president who sold himself as a fresh, visionary candidate in 2008 and instead proved to be a servant of the big corporations and the military-industrial complex like his predecessors.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 5) His economic policies only delayed disaster and in fact have made the situation worse: Expansionary monetary policy and the various government bailouts and stimulus programs create a "Bailout Bubble" that invariably bursts in a cataclysm for the U.S. and world economy.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 11) Obama blames other factors for this and might have even tried to start a war by 2012 to distract attention from the domestic misery.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 12) Obama's foreign policy has also failed to accomplish anything significant on the world stage, and Pakistan is a mess and the Afghan war continues to drag on without hope of conclusion.(T.J. Summer 09, pg. 12)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#664120 Jun 17, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh wow...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Freedomofexpression 317,505
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 6 hr zazz 98,517
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 hr It s Weather Not ... 63,974
News Federal agents raid Florida Career College (Oct '07) Sep 18 Victorr feliu 246
Research Centers of America (Jul '13) Sep 15 Susan 7
News Name of 27-year-old found dead released (Feb '07) Sep 15 Tela0023 113
News Police arrest hurricane looters caught on camera Sep 11 you hate the truth 2

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages