Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252119 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#654111 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Gunner's going to go ballistic on this one.
So what? Why do so many of you care what "Gunner" will say or do?

It's ANOTHER choice, liberty being taken away from us by democrats just because they can. Another stupid power play by the left that has nothing to do with obesity.

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654112 May 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aw, please, hater, don't be so all caps, just cause you can't read--it's expected from IQ-59 and falling...
I really cannot wait till the Kenyan phoney is in a live, off-the-cuff debate with Romney..........with REAL questions, and no teleprompter !!!

It will be fabulous !

Barack HUSSEIN Obama aka Barry Soetoro, cannot even answer an impromptu question from the lamestream liberal media section without stumbling, stammering & saying dumb shit like "57 states", "corpse-men", "Polish death camps", etc..........Can you just imagine him in a real live debate up against somebody who will openly challenge him ???!!!

LOL
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#654113 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
"Ricketts and Schilling will find a kindred spirit in Mitt Romney. Romney’s wealth is unspeakably vast and his personal consumption grotesquely conspicuous, but that’s his business. What rankles me—and should hurt Romney politically—is that some of that staggering wealth came from taxpayers, through bailouts and subsidies. In 1993 Bain & Co. owed the Bank of New England $38 million. The bank went under, and Romney negotiated a deal with the FDIC that allowed Bain to walk away from $10 million of that debt—sticking the taxpayers with the bill.
When Bain owned Steel Dynamics, Romney and his investors took $37 million in taxpayer subsidies—a sweet deal when they only invested about half that amount themselves. Tad DeHaven of the libertarian Cato Institute told the Los Angeles Times,“This is corporate welfare, an example of the government stepping into the marketplace, picking winners and losers, providing profits to business owners, and leaving taxpayers stuck with the bill.”
Classic crony capitalism: privatize the gain, socialize the risk. When Romney drove GST Steel into bankruptcy, he and his partners made $12 million in profit and another $4.5 million in consulting fees. But Romney stuck the taxpayers with a $44 million tab for the company’s underfunded pensions.
But Romney—like Ricketts and Schilling and so many others—never tires of lecturing the rest of us for being so selfish as to want good teachers, safe streets, and fully-funded fire departments.“Getting our fiscal house in order has become more than just an economic issue,” Romney’s campaign website piously declares.“It’s a moral imperative.”
A moral imperative? Spare me. Most middle-class Americans are tired of sanctimonious right-wingers who preach fiscal chastity after spending the night in the brothel of government bailouts."
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/05...
Super article, they won't read it though.
Grampy

South Windsor, CT

#654114 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
A three judge panel of The United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit just handed down a decision declaring the anti-gay Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional. Notably, the panel included Judges Juan Torruella and Michael Boudin, both of whom are Republican appointees. Judge Boudin, who authored the opinion, is one of the most highly regarded judges in the country; he frequently sends his former law clerks to clerk for Supreme Court justices. More analysis of his opinion will follow shortly.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/05/31/4...
Judge Boudin: Sister: Kathy Boudin (former Weather Underground member, b. 19-May-1943)

fred

Milford, CT

#654115 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
F*cking Obama. Lowering the price of oil.
Let's us know when gas gets back to 1.80 like under W.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#654117 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize the price of oil is dropping like a rock because the economy is crashing? No, I didn't think so! America and the world is in big trouble. Market is down almost a 100. Oil getting ready to go under $86. Get a clue yet?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654118 May 31, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are going to crush the lizard in November
The Great Obama Blunder
Townhall.com ^| May 31, 2012 | Michael Reagan
Posted on Thursday, May 31, 2012 9:11:05 AM by Kaslin
President Obama and his wife, the health nanny in chief, obviously don't know when they've gone too far in their crusade to socialize and Obamatize America.
They couldn't stop pushing for the Obamacare mandate that would force religious organizations to pay for coverage of abortion-inducing drugs, contraception and sterilization for their employees regardless of the institution's moral or religious objections.
Catholic are we? This won't make you very happy.

The Botany Club: Gay Kids in Catholic Schools

"Right now gay teens hear a robust “Yes!” from the mainstream media and gay culture. From the Church, they hear only a “No.” And you can’t have a vocation of not-gay-marrying and not-having-sex. You can’t have a vocation of No."

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/the-bo...

Irrelevancy is the Church's biggest problem. And like all who see the end coming the noise level is on 10.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#654120 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Blow me. You don't know sh*t about me & just because I keep pointing out your dumbasss comments doesn't mean I did not plan for retirement, work for the government, or on the government dole like all you right wing azzholes say.
Just because I believe in a safety net like welfare & Food Stamps & Social Security, does not mean I ran out & bought too big a home & a new fancy car instead of support my family & future retirement
Real nice language Dave.

Don't worry, we're sure you're perfect. Just like all the other libs in here who never make mistakes, are wealthy, healthy and helped save the desert tortoise.

Grow some thicker skin. You don't know "sh*t" about anyone here either.
carmino seranni

Carbondale, PA

#654121 May 31, 2012
Hi! I am just blogging for fun. You are really
going to enjoy today`s blog...I "copied and pasted"
something about a man people think is the anti-christ...See?...His full name is Supriem David Rockefeller, a 35 year old man who says he is Marduk Ra and Lucifer redeemed, the Messiah the world has been waiting for and the Bible has been telling us about. Is this is the man secret societies have been waiting for and prepared for since ancient times? He says he is the one who rebelled against God, The Universal Father, and caused the Wars in Heaven. He is the one who created ‘sin’ and is the reason the world is in the shape it’s in.

According to himself, after thousands of years in exile, he has now returned in the body of Supriem Rockefeller, but has redeemed himself. Instead of bringing the world to its knees and fulfill the End Time Prophecies, he has decided to save the world he once had the purpose to destroy. Upon all this, he is also the Jewish Messiah. When he visits Israel, he is treated like a God.
Carmi says: " This man also says on-line that he
has signed a contract with 200 plus countries to
have paperless money in those countries"! See
Jesus Christ said: "The anti-christ is on the
earth!" Carmi says: "Does the new health bill being
reviewed by the Supreme Court contain the micro-
chip in the hand?" I told you so! I have nothing
more to say today. Love, Carmino Seranni
fred

Milford, CT

#654122 May 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the billion you stole? Corzine says I don't know. The Kenyan says Oh OK. Where's my bundle?

POINTS AND FIGURES: The Corzine Rule.“It’s amazing that this epic financial scandal gets no consistent main stream media coverage. Over a billion was stolen. Corzine is in Madoff territory.”

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654123 May 31, 2012
flack wrote:
Since Wisconsin stopped deducting union dues from paychecks the union has lost 54% of their members. Seems given a choice(a word libtards only like when talking about abortion) more than half the people said I'd rather keep my money. Who would have thought? LMAO!!!
Bingo, Flack !

Baby-killing is the only CHOICE the liberals scream about.

What else are they PRO-CHOICE about?
carol

Windermere, FL

#654124 May 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Damnit! Why do us independents hate gigantic size soft drinks? I may have to switch from independent to libertarian.
If more public emphasis was placed on how ridiculous it is to supersize everything, people would think twice before risking public scorn.

The government, instead, wants to punish us for our bad behavior.

Cigarettes, for example, are all but outlawed. Bad food choices is next after selling baked goods and lemonade.

Drinking like a fish or stoned out of your mind apparently isn't so bad. Probably too prevelent among politicians.

Selective political correctness...our undoing.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#654126 May 31, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sheer genius Homer. A liberal knight in shining armor. A beacon of light in a world of darkness.
I could go on and on, but my new lawyer says that that should cover my azz. With you anyway.
I approve this message, although calling me a liberal is a bit extreme.
carol

Windermere, FL

#654128 May 31, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, like a Mormon. They don't drink soda, or coffee or alcoholic beverages, nor do they gamble. Be careful what you wish for.
Romney would tell you to drink up and throw your money down until your heart's content. It's your body and your money, after all.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654130 May 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The Obama camp thought Bain was Romney's silver bullet. Turned out to be a hit and miss.
But did you see the undercover video in that Planned Parenthood in Austin, Texas, where a woman in her second trimester wanted to abort her baby if it was a girl?
And the very next day, Planned Parenthood endorsed Obama?
Bad timing I guess.
(Congress is apparently voting on gender-based abortions today. Can't wait to see who voted which way, can you?)
Let's see the unedited video.

Not the hoax video BillO has been showing.

And did you know that Centers for Disease Control reported that in 2008, 91.4% of abortions were performed before the 13th week of pregnancy?
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/ss60...

And did you know that Robert Shmerling of Harvard Health Publications noted that gender identification by means of ultrasound, by far the most popular method, is usually only available by the 16th to 20th week?
http://health.msn.com/pregnancy/determining-y...

But no, you probably don't know any of that. It's just more stuff that FOX isn't going to tell it's uninformed viewers.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#654131 May 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
just think, your kids will get the proper health care (that you are currently not providing) once the health care law goes into full effect.
You can have that dream for a couple more weeks then it will be gone just like Obamacare. My health care is far better than yours and cheaper too.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#654133 May 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I approve this message, although calling me a liberal is a bit extreme.
Sorry.

You are ever the Independent.

Ok? My lawyer is sweating that one.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#654135 May 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We need someone in government to tell us what's best for us. Ask any liberal, the control freaks.
And here all along I thought the liberals were PRO-CHOICE !!

What, exactly, are they PRO-CHOICE about, except baby-killing?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#654138 May 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney would tell you to drink up and throw your money down until your heart's content. It's your body and your money, after all.
Yes, I'm sure he would, after taking out a million dollar life insurance policy on you!!! Hey, greed is good!

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#654139 May 31, 2012
10 year Treasuries now at 1.54%.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 5 hr forgiveness 82
Review: Red Balloon Party Rental (Sep '09) 6 hr Red Balloon Party... 47
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 20 hr Earthling-1 53,996
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 22 hr Ratloder 70,147
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sun Anne 97,408
Review: Bellagio Condo (Apr '11) Sat Justin 9
News Coral Springs, Parkland feud over farmer's markets (Dec '07) Sat Sha2001 76
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages