Next Last
Toes in the sand

San Mateo, CA

#1 May 4, 2010
What's the latest on the pain clinics
looking for dr again

Winchester, KY

#2 May 4, 2010
I just found out my dr was closed fri.Anyone know where to go now?
Toes

San Mateo, CA

#3 May 4, 2010
Wich one?
looking for dr again

Winchester, KY

#4 May 4, 2010
ft lauderdale pain and mercy wellness center which included broward pain
sick and hurting

Hilliard, OH

#5 May 4, 2010
i read they are only passing out 72 hours of meds has that started yet also someone was at the closed office passing out flyers on where to go i didnt get one if anyone does please comment i thought they ran a pretty good office there
Indian

Titusville, FL

#6 May 5, 2010
i was there today and closed, let me know if you hear anything
looking

Tampa, FL

#7 May 7, 2010
72 hours the dr can hand out not prescriptions filled.read the law again closer.the other clinics still opened are charging more and prescribing less it seems.who is writing the max????broward pain may open in georgia is the latest i have heard.
Ohio

Painesville, OH

#9 May 8, 2010
sick and hurting wrote:
i read they are only passing out 72 hours of meds has that started yet also someone was at the closed office passing out flyers on where to go i didnt get one if anyone does please comment i thought they ran a pretty good office there
That starts Oct. 1 "supposedly" .. I dont know about the flyers ... i need a new dr
confused

Lancing, TN

#11 May 9, 2010
so whats going on down there anyone know? are they closed for good? I heard about the new law does that go if you are taking you scripts with you and filling them somewhere else? If there sending patients somewhere else pleze let me know my ol man's appointments this week.
mri

Newport, KY

#12 May 10, 2010
The new law hasn't gone into effect yet. As of right now, there are still some clinics taking out of state patients but fewer are filling in house. It's hard to find a pharmacy that will fill that script for you - you might ask the clinic where they recommend you get it filled.
KKAT

Kansas City, MO

#13 May 11, 2010
can someone email me please
mri

Newport, KY

#14 May 11, 2010
It's going to be difficult to get that information because no one is going to give you the name of the clinic they go to and risk having it become overrun and get closed down like the others. Same with the pharmacies. If they've found a small uncrowded clinic and a pharmacy that doesn't run out of drugs to fill their script, they're not about to put it on here so their good thing gets ruined, are they?
Take Two

Altamonte Springs, FL

#15 May 13, 2010
Come on over here, druggies!

The cops wait in the parking lot for ya and then arrest ya, tow your car and put your bail at an astronomical amount.

Come on over dopers. We got something for ya!
Stupid

Painesville, OH

#16 May 13, 2010
Take Two wrote:
The cops wait in the parking lot for ya and then arrest ya, tow your car and put your bail at an astronomical amount.
You are a fu cking moron .. I dont go 2 a clinic n never have .. Ive never used drugs in my life .. but really? Why that comment? Why do you care so much that you would post something that moronic? You ppl from Flroida sit n complain about "pill mills" but trust n believe the owners of these clinics are paying legal taxes on whatever there revenue is .. n I feel safe to assume its millions to the state of Florida .. what do you think is going to happen when thats gone? your retiree state is going to have retiree money .. its all about money .. you personally cant replace that money .. n the ppl that come to Florida to do whatever THEY ARE FREE to do isnt there long enough to enjoy any benefit from it .. so why do you care what other ppl are doing? It is a free country n all you are doing by "trying to stop" something that number cant be stopped, is helping government interference in OUR lives, they use ppl like you to expedite a dictatorship(for lack of a better word) soon we will all have to have a hall pass to take a p iss!
concerned

Newport, KY

#17 May 13, 2010
Take Two wrote:
OK, that's bs. If you are seeing ONE doctor anywhere, with an MRI showing you have reason to be there, and you aren't intoxicated or have any outstanding warrants or are disturbing the peace, they CAN NOT arrest you, tow your car, nor set your bail at anything. Let them wait! Your Florida tax dollars at work :)
Stupid

Painesville, OH

#19 May 13, 2010
Take Two wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually dopey, those tax dollars are working just fine.
They are doing it because they know, just like everyone else, that if you had all those documents, you could get treatment in your own state.
Think it isn't happening? Come on down to the Tampa area. You'll find out differently there drug baby. And it's spreading to southeast Florida and Orlando.
Just another addict/dealer that thinks they're a lawyer. You're gonna need one. Even if they find your useless user self not guilty, it's gonna cost a ton just to get out of it.
Stay in Korntucky pillhead, don't want you here.
You continue to try n talk crap to these ppl .. haha .. Why are you so immersed in what they talk about or do? Its baffling to me .. you are just another puppet for the government .. Where and why someone chooses to receive health care is none of your business nor is it the governments business .. It is against the law to doctor shop .. and eventually if they are doing that, they will get caught .. period .. but there is nothing illegal by going to a doctor with the required documentation and receiving treatment .. thats perfectly above the law .. Tampa, Orlando, whatever .. they are not going to get arrested unless they are doing something illegal .. the police can hassle them, pull them over, count there pills, keep them in the hot sun for a couple hours, but at the end of the day if they are clean they are going home .. so puhlease stop with the scare tactics ..Find them guilty/not guilty of what? Going to a physician? Choosing one in a different state? What are you rambling about? Now you know thats BS .. LOL ..Look at all the ppl that CHOOSE to have elective surgery out of the country .. look at the ppl that cannot afford to have necessary surgery here in the US n go to third world counties for affordable treatment, what about the ppl that travel to receive treatment that is not approved for US patients? Are the feds going to pick them up too? Are they going to go to jail and pay a "ton of money" to get out of "it" .. it really doesnt matter if you dont want certain ppl there, last time I looked our flag waved RED WHITE AND BLUE AND THAT EQUALS FREEDOM n if they cant afford a lawyer .. one will be appointed to them on your dime .. lol ..
concerned

Newport, KY

#20 May 14, 2010
Oh, the same people who have prostituted their state for years to tourists are now selling it for drug money. It's a sore spot for them :) But the fact remains that there is nothing illegal with choosing a doctor anywhere for treatment, and this fool doesn't own a state - probably doesn't own his own real estate. If you have a problem with the way your state is running things, take it up with your officials. It's not the rest of the union's fault that you've let it get completely out of control for a dollar!
Take Two

Altamonte Springs, FL

#21 May 14, 2010
concerned wrote:
Oh, the same people who have prostituted their state for years to tourists are now selling it for drug money. It's a sore spot for them :) But the fact remains that there is nothing illegal with choosing a doctor anywhere for treatment, and this fool doesn't own a state - probably doesn't own his own real estate. If you have a problem with the way your state is running things, take it up with your officials. It's not the rest of the union's fault that you've let it get completely out of control for a dollar!
As usual, you drug addict can't process what's in front of you. I have no problem what so ever with how our state does anything.

The problem is you dopers buying drugs out of your own state. Just last night on the news the police stopped a 'customer' pulling out of a pharmacy parking lot and found enough prescription drugs in the car that one person couldn't use in three years. Drug dealer? Yes.

But, none of you out of state slimes won't answer the question: If your are legally qualified to acquire these drugs, how come you have to come to Florida for them? It's because you buy mass quanities, use some or none at all, and sell the rest.

So come on down, our 'prostituting state' is waiting to serve you.....some southern justice. Your gonna be the only one with a BIG problem with Florida.
hmmmmm

Lexington, KY

#22 May 14, 2010
The reason Florida is being bombarded is because it's one of the few states that doesn't have any kind of tracking system and prescribes freely. The reason SOME people travel there for meds is because the northern states won't tolerate that procedure. In the process of eliminating drug abuse, they have cut out the legitimate patients, too. The practice of doctor shopping and receiving mass amounts of pain pills certainly isn't limited to out of state. Florida has it's very fair share of abuse and od's and the only difference is the length of travel to obtain them. You might want to start in your own backyard with the drug abuse problem unless you are having so much trouble processing what's in front of you that you don't see the rampant abuse of clinics and drugs by Florida residents.
Stupid

Painesville, OH

#23 May 14, 2010
Take Two wrote:
<quoted text>
As usual, you drug addict can't process what's in front of you. I have no problem what so ever with how our state does anything.
The problem is you dopers buying drugs out of your own state. Just last night on the news the police stopped a 'customer' pulling out of a pharmacy parking lot and found enough prescription drugs in the car that one person couldn't use in three years. Drug dealer? Yes.
But, none of you out of state slimes won't answer the question: If your are legally qualified to acquire these drugs, how come you have to come to Florida for them? It's because you buy mass quanities, use some or none at all, and sell the rest.
So come on down, our 'prostituting state' is waiting to serve you.....some southern justice. Your gonna be the only one with a BIG problem with Florida.
Was it a drug dealer? Probably not, more than likely it was the guy/girl down the road that needed to pay his rent and was compensated for the "trip" .. regardless of who it was and why DOCTOR SHOPPING IS ILLEGAL .. doctor shopping WILL get you caught .. it will happen .. you will get caught and you will go to prison .. point blank period ..

Take Two, they dont have to answer the question .. its a free choice, they can go wherever the choose. For example .. I live in Ohio .. I go to Florida every six months because my General DDS moved her practice/family there .. I wont let anyone else in my mouth .. If I need work I WILL TRAVEL there to receive it ..thankfully I havent had to travel there outside of regular visits, but if I needed too I would .. Am I going to jail? Thats my choice, and I choose to see my DDS .. I wouldnt care if she moved to California .. I would travel there.

DONT DOCTOR SHOP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 34 min EatASausageDunsky 64,124
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 44 min Susanm 320,077
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Most Likely 1,642,256
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) Sat zazz 98,586
Hey Coward Jew Boy >> Yeah You Israel Nov 17 op Gladio 3
News Drug addiction treatment center too costly, Bro... (May '08) Nov 13 Christie Taylor 114
Broken hand Nov 8 Guy 1

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages