DAVIE: High-ranking manager loses administrative job

Jun 6, 2008 Read more: South Florida Sun-Sentinel 44
Ken Cohen, the town's assistant administrator since 2001, was let go on Friday, town officials said. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Davie Resident THE FIRST

AOL

#1 Jun 7, 2008
GOOD NOW START WITH THE COUNCIL MEMBERS STARTS WITH DISTRICT 1 AND WORK YOUR WAY UP
REALITYMAN

Beverly Hills, CA

#2 Jun 7, 2008
GARY SHIMIN IS RUNNING OUT OF FOOLS TO POINT THE FINGER AT,THE SAND IS RUNNING OUT OF HIS HOUR GLASS,LET'S SEE IF THE TOWN CLOWNCIL WILL EVER FIGURE OUT THEY HIRED ANOTHER LOSER!!
CLEAN UP IS NOT OVER

United States

#3 Jun 7, 2008
This isn't the end of the clean up. Everyone that was around during the Kovanes scandal needs to go. There is still some cleaning left to do. And the council needs to stay out of it and out of his way.
CLEAN UP IS NOT OVER

United States

#4 Jun 7, 2008
I feel bad that he lost his job. Why didn't he speak up when Kovanes was doing the town dirty. Was he so close to it he didn't see it? The man ain't that stupid. Shoulda blown the whistle dude. Shoulda blown the whistle.
Right

AOL

#5 Jun 7, 2008
It is about time
Let the heads roll

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Jun 7, 2008
This is been long over due. It's not over till the fat lady sings!
among the ousted

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Jun 7, 2008
CLEAN UP IS NOT OVER wrote:
This isn't the end of the clean up. Everyone that was around during the Kovanes scandal needs to go. There is still some cleaning left to do. And the council needs to stay out of it and out of his way.
You couldn't be more right! This guy is a complete tool. I wonder if his good ole buddy Bill Underwood will have a spot for him up in lovely Belle Glade or maybe he can land a position as a consultant with Tom Willi.
Former Davie Resident

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jun 7, 2008
Shimun, Nolen and some others should also GO! Talk of Rayson also going - too much refernces by him to politics! And, other things. How could an attorney for the Town not be well informed about the latest debacle, i.e., the YYBC (Club Eden)matter placed on the 6-4-08 Agenda? WHY was Shimun ABSENT from THAT Council meeting?
political junkie

Miami, FL

#9 Jun 7, 2008
among the ousted wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't be more right! This guy is a complete tool. I wonder if his good ole buddy Bill Underwood will have a spot for him up in lovely Belle Glade or maybe he can land a position as a consultant with Tom Willi.
Bruce, Is that you?
wayne arnold

Boynton Beach, FL

#10 Jun 7, 2008
I've heard it said that life's greatest satisfactions include getting the last laugh, having the last word, and paying the last installment.
Sunrise

AOL

#11 Jun 7, 2008
Is there another Pines employee about to join Davie?

Why not just make the move and change the name to DAVIE the Pine North or Good-ole buddy Town.
Sunrise

AOL

#12 Jun 7, 2008
Montopoli??? So who will run the Fire Department???
Shimun

Hollywood, FL

#13 Jun 7, 2008
I think it is time for Shimun to go, or I guess Council wants to wait until he destroys the whole town. The town has warded off adult entertainment establishments for years, Shimun doesn't want them in Pines, that is where he lives, so he is sending them all to Davie. Shimun has done nothing but rip this town apart since he was hired. How much is concil going to stand by and let this ice man do what he is doing. The past firings of Dipitrillo, Peters and Ordway was a telling sign that shiman's mind was not right when he let 3 good people go. that one will never set right with me. Now Cohen may have had it coming, I think he and Russell Muniz definitely knew what Kovanes was doing, afterall they signed the checks. Oh, and also the ladies that are still in the T.A. office, talk about hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil...Lori and Maria were Kovanes's friends...outside the office as well as inside the office. Maria also tried to pawn off her old maid daughter with Kovanes...all too incestuous.
Resources

Hollywood, FL

#14 Jun 7, 2008
Sunrise wrote:
Is there another Pines employee about to join Davie?
Why not just make the move and change the name to DAVIE the Pine North or Good-ole buddy Town.
Shimun is a loser, he has no resources of his own so he pulls them from the only other source he knows, Pines. Wake up council, we need a leader that can pull from his OWN resources, not someone that covers his ass and uses anyone that is available to him.
Cohen and Underwood

Hollywood, FL

#15 Jun 7, 2008
among the ousted wrote:
<quoted text>
Cohen and Underwood disliked each other as much as anyone can. I'm sure there is no love lost there, Cohen and Mark Alan were the buds, I'm sure Cohen will be calling mark Alan wherever he might be. Underwood was used as a scape goat because he was the whistle blower. everyone ducked their heads while Underwood took all the heat. Underwood saved Davie from Kovanes and the powers that be knew it so they had to get rid of him. They certainly didn't want to look stupid, so Underwood took all the heat, think about it people, why would you fire someone that turned Kovanes in?
WHAT GOES AROUND

United States

#16 Jun 7, 2008
Cohen and Underwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Cohen and Underwood disliked each other as much as anyone can. I'm sure there is no love lost there, Cohen and Mark Alan were the buds, I'm sure Cohen will be calling mark Alan wherever he might be. Underwood was used as a scape goat because he was the whistle blower. everyone ducked their heads while Underwood took all the heat. Underwood saved Davie from Kovanes and the powers that be knew it so they had to get rid of him. They certainly didn't want to look stupid, so Underwood took all the heat, think about it people, why would you fire someone that turned Kovanes in?
Does Mark Alan still work for the town? Thought they broke up that gang.
WHAT GOES AROUND

United States

#17 Jun 7, 2008
Cohen and Underwood wrote:
<quoted text>
I never understood why they let Underwood go before any of the others. He may have also had dirty hands.
Sunrise

AOL

#18 Jun 7, 2008
We should all forward this to the Town of Davie Town Council.

Russell Munez is from Pines and here's the kicker, he is still driving the Durangos that were purchased by Kovanes to silent the co-workers of his no good.
esperanta

Boynton Beach, FL

#19 Jun 7, 2008
Let the heads roll wrote:
This is been long over due. It's not over till the fat lady sings!
yea! when's your mother get into town, anyway?
esperanta

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 Jun 7, 2008
Sunrise wrote:
Montopoli??? So who will run the Fire Department???
the fire union. as usual. that's why the department sucks. let's go BSO. hey, that rhymes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min Earthling-1 52,730
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 34 min Cold Front 69,619
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Brian_G 309,650
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr RealDave 1,217,536
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 4 hr Mrniceguy 26
News Which presidential hopefuls would attend a gay ... 7 hr Fa-Foxy 170
Deep Sea Fishing 15 hr Islander777 1
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]