ChildNet directed to clean up its act

ChildNet, the child welfare program embroiled in allegations of forgery, fraud, kickbacks and security woes, has a month to clean up its act or risk losing its multimillion-dollar contract, according to demands ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Marcus

United States

#1 Apr 24, 2007
And that laptop which was stolen and which kicked off this entire avalanche has still not been found.

Since: Mar 07

United States

#2 Apr 24, 2007
Ordered to clean up its act or face losing a multi million dollar contract????? Since when is fraud of this magnitude overlooked?

What a bunch of arses the state of Florida really are, these people ripped off the state in a very big way and they still want to to business with them????? I do not feel sorry for the state when these people do it again to them.

To all Floridians, here is where your hard earned tax dollars are going.
ComputerSecurity D00D

Miami, FL

#3 Apr 24, 2007
A little to little too late. The county is well aware of its data security woes, yet continues to do nothing about it. Expect more stories like this from other divisions.
Sinking Ship

Pooler, GA

#4 Apr 24, 2007
Get ready for a mass exodus. Here's where everybody jumps ship due to the new "management" , in which there will BE none from Barbara Ross and Larry Rein (more blunders will take place and attempted to be swept under the rug). Both are merely "advocate" poseurs masked and disguised as $100,000 a year executives. If you thought it was bad working for them before...just wait. Barbara wouldn't even have the job if it wasn't for Jack....and Larry will be begging his "friends" throughout the county to help him politically...but his incompetence will be exposed and they will be saying "there's no more life vests".
DDD

AOL

#5 Apr 24, 2007
Its not just the personal data and fingerprints of those waiting to foster and adopt. I work for another local non-profit and we were sent to ChildNet for them to conduct background checks on us. I just got a letter saying my info may have been compromised, too. I am very upset. Why was this saved on a lap top?!!
ListenUpPeople

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 Apr 24, 2007
this is ridiculous!!! Does anyone really think that Peter was making day to day administrative decisions? Yes he shoudl have been fired. But there is responsibility here for the mid-level managers? What about their consequences??? These are OUR tax dollars!!!! I want more done!!!
Revamp Needed

United States

#7 Apr 24, 2007
Unfortunatley all of the mid-level staff at Childnet are DCF spin-off's that were hired as a result of inappropriate friendships and nepotism. The leadershp of this agency is incompetent and the truth is that the system in Broward WOULD be better if the State stepped in and assumed responsibility. Childnet has polarized service providers and has cut funds to all of the child welfare providers in Broward County to what, give their executives and managers more dollars to scam away from taxpayers...what a shame.
Forbes

United States

#8 Apr 24, 2007
Larry Rein's management skill is his claim to fame of running a Woman's Dress and Clothing Store for 15 years. There should be an outside professional consulting group brought in immediately with real management skills.The present system of five vice-presidents with big salaries just adds to the lack of competency.
Forbes
Citizen of florida

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Apr 24, 2007
They missed the biggest problem The DA's Jack Moss x wife Barbara Moss is a top administrator for childnet they both worked on the contract together
Also all the HR problem's no criminal checks etc. fall under her and she also has QA they didnt find anything BIG CONFLICT OF INTEREST
Issue

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Apr 24, 2007
Who is the " administration for ChildNet" what is their qualifications?
Robin

United States

#11 Apr 24, 2007
Why are the same people who were the vice-presidents under the former CEO still there? The acting president, Larry Rein, has no interest in a Foster Care child, he is merely a self promoter who acts as a shill for his political friends. VP Silvia Torres Smith is a reject from Dade County who came to Broward when they cleaned house.
Pedro

United States

#12 Apr 24, 2007
As an observer of the foster care system, I have seen the management of ChildNet get rid of, or let go, good qualified staff, and keep many who were incompetent or poor at best. Many of the best and most experienced supervisors are now gone. Let's get a real management team in there who know the value of talent and not just those who say "yes" to the bosses. Pedro
CONCERN CITIZEN

West Palm Beach, FL

#13 Apr 24, 2007
ALL HR'S SHOULD BE FIRED AND BARABARA MOSS & SYLVIA TORRE PLAY BIG PART IN THE SITUATION. THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE THEY NEEDED NEW ADMINISTRATION TO START.
You Sure

United States

#18 Apr 24, 2007
CONCERN CITIZEN 222 wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID! THEY ALSO NEED TO FIRE MINERVA..SHE WAS ROBERT ISRAEL'S SEX BUDDY...OPPS I'M SORRY ASSISTANT.
I WAS SOOO GLAD WHEN THEY GOT RID OF ROBERT ISRAEL AND DENISE THE DIRECTOR AT THE MAIN OFFICE. HE WAS THE WORST BOSS EVER. HE SPENT MORE TIME AT LUNCH EATING AND SCREWING AROUND WITH MINERVA THAN IN THE OFFICE TAKING CARE OF THE SITUATION.
HR IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER! AFTER MICHELLE PINDER WAS LET GO AND PETER'S NEIGHBOR TOOK OVER IT WENT TO THE GROUND! THEY SPEND ALL OF THE TAX PAYERS MONEY ON HAPPY HOUR EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT DOWN AT RIVER FRONT. THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL FIND THEM ALL!
ALL OF CHILDNET'S MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE FIRED!! AND FAST IF THRER SHOULD BE ANY HOPE FOR THESE FOSTER KIDS.
You sure about the neighbor part? They live in 2 different counties.
You Sure

United States

#20 Apr 24, 2007
Hahaha...I remember the not wanting to clean the refrigerator incident..This is what our administrators worried about which is why they are not there today.
Georgetown

United States

#21 Apr 24, 2007
I hope this newspaper notes the range of opinions concerning this agency and investigates more thoroughly. ChildNet is responsible for the safety and welfare of all the children in foster care. Clean house and bring in new management. If the Board does not cooperate, then cancel the contract.
I hope DCF is paying attention to what's being said from these readers.
Frustrated

Miami, FL

#22 Apr 24, 2007
We have been relative care-givers for children removed in Broward in Dade.....what a farse! The two counties don't speak to each other....HUH? What about the children. We did not receive any funds (now I know where the money truly goes!!) and have spent several thousands of dollars to keep these two children....what happened to CARING ABOUT THE CHILDREN?
disapointed

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#24 Apr 24, 2007
<quoted text>
THEY LET MICHELLE GO BECAUSE SHE WOULDN'T GIVE INTO THEIR SCHEMES OF HIRING PEOPLE WITH OUT BACK GROUND CHECKS AND NO DRUG TESTS. THEY FIRED EVERYONE THAT STOOD UP TO THEM OR DIDN'T PLAY THEIR GAMES. I KNOW SOMEONE THAT GOT FIRED FOR NOT CLEANING THE FRIDGE AND MICROWAVE AND COMPLAINED ABOUT HAVING TO DO SO.
BUT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES ROUND AND IT'S COMING AROUND AND I LOVE IT!
I know of people that were fired for asking for badges from employees at the entrance, Opps of course they wanted to steal the christmas toys.
I disagree

United States

#25 Apr 24, 2007
<quoted text>
WELL SAID! THEY ALSO NEED TO FIRE MINERVA..SHE WAS ROBERT ISRAEL'S SEX BUDDY...OPPS I'M SORRY ASSISTANT.
I WAS SOOO GLAD WHEN THEY GOT RID OF ROBERT ISRAEL AND DENISE THE DIRECTOR AT THE MAIN OFFICE. HE WAS THE WORST BOSS EVER. HE SPENT MORE TIME AT LUNCH EATING AND SCREWING AROUND WITH MINERVA THAN IN THE OFFICE TAKING CARE OF THE SITUATION.
HR IS THE BIGGEST JOKE EVER! AFTER MICHELLE PINDER WAS LET GO AND PETER'S NEIGHBOR TOOK OVER IT WENT TO THE GROUND! THEY SPEND ALL OF THE TAX PAYERS MONEY ON HAPPY HOUR EVERY FRIDAY NIGHT DOWN AT RIVER FRONT. THAT'S WHERE YOU'LL FIND THEM ALL!
ALL OF CHILDNET'S MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE FIRED!! AND FAST IF THRER SHOULD BE ANY HOPE FOR THESE FOSTER KIDS.
You are not a concerned citizen you are the gossipy next door neighbor you only mention the truth in the last line. I have been an employee at childnet for 3 years and I work under Minerva. I will tell you that she is difficult and strict and I have some problems with her BUT she has always been by the book. You have to understand we sometimes deal with very difficult children and no matter what age she can always calm them down and make them feel a little better about their unfortunate situation. As for the whole happy hour thing I don't understand how that could happen because company credit card reciepts were turned in monthly to DCF, but I guess theres always a way around it. Even if what you say is true remember people change. I really think that you and all the other disgruntle employees or ex employees should stop using real names they have family and I'm sure they don't want them reading the nasty trash your putting out for all to see. How would you feel if that was you? would you want your kids or your mom reading that about you? Please stop your vicious gossip and focus whats really at stake here , the children. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOUR SELF!!!!!!!!!!
I disagree

United States

#26 Apr 24, 2007
Stupid People wrote:
I can't believe someone got fired for not cleaning the refrigerator! Was this person a child advocate or a member of the janitorial staff? I am not being sarcastic, I was just wondering what their job was. Why should a case worker have to clean a fridge? Shouldnt everyone throw their own food out?
I highly doubt some one got fired for not cleaning out the refrigerator, that would of been all over the office. Yes the janitorial staff does this and yes employees should have common courtousy and throw their food away but many don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 min Brian_G 308,936
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min red and right 51,516
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Grey Ghost 1,191,662
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 69,123
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr orange 71,556
Derrick Jones former wave 3 anchor from louisvi... (Aug '13) Mon Vol 13
Overpaid Firefighters (Sep '10) Mon Righteous 478
Fort Lauderdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:11 am PST