Students arrested in Sebastian River ...

Students arrested in Sebastian River Middle School bus incident

There are 156 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 24, 2008, titled Students arrested in Sebastian River Middle School bus incident. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Two Sebastian River Middle School eighth-graders have been charged with two felony counts each, including attempted sexual battery on a child, in connection with an incident involving the school soccer team, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Since: Oct 07

Pompano Beach, FL

#46 Sep 24, 2008
Save Our County wrote:
Oh Please! sexual assault? This is what boys have been doing for years for laughs. I do not agree with their sense of fun, but sexual assault?
These kids need lots of community service and better parenting, that's all. They certainly do not need criminal charges for being boys. They should also have to pay the 6th grader for the embarrassment.
And finally, their mothers should pull out the belt and beat them on the behind and law enforcement should watch while they do it. This will bring home the idea that you will get punished in more ways than one if you ever do something like this again!
There were kids on the bus taking pictures with their cell phones, it most certainly is sexual assault! A 6th grader, what does that make him 11 or 12? The poor kid has pictures that you know are all over the internet of this happening to him. How humiliating.
Hmmmmm

Boynton Beach, FL

#47 Sep 24, 2008
RACE wrote:
How could you tell which kids were "mostly" white? Did you ever think a kid was "mostly" white, but it turned out they were only "partly" white? Is "kinda" white the same as "mostly" white?
Whats more white, "kinda" white or "sorta" white?
Is "kinda" dark more white than "slightly" white?
<quoted text>
you know what he meant. quit looking stupid
orlando native

United States

#48 Sep 24, 2008
RACE wrote:
How could you tell which kids were "mostly" white? Did you ever think a kid was "mostly" white, but it turned out they were only "partly" white? Is "kinda" white the same as "mostly" white?
Whats more white, "kinda" white or "sorta" white?
Is "kinda" dark more white than "slightly" white?
<quoted text>
They were talking about when they drove a bus. Not this bus.
john

Buffalo, NY

#50 Sep 24, 2008
Boys will be boys has got to STOP!.(period) Something like this happened in New York State in a small town and the community (to their shame) rallied around the coaches (supposedly mature adults) who were suppose to be in the front AND the back of the bus because of previous incidents, but both were in the front. Told me where I DON'T want to live! There is no excuse for this kind of behavior!

Gods warrior

Since: May 07

<<<<--the right to bare

#51 Sep 24, 2008
"The 15-year-old's mother had no comment, while the mother of the 14-year-old, speaking through a translator, said she was upset and didn't understand why the two boys are being held."

Ain't diversity grand?
what the

Miami, FL

#52 Sep 24, 2008
Bernice Fish wrote:
Oh, c'mon. I think the charges are excessive. Yes, they're bullies, but sexual assault?
How stupid are you? YES it is sexual assault! They pulled the kids pants down and shoved an apple pie box up his a-hole. Really.....HOW STUPID ARE YOU? Come on....really.....are you that stupid??????
max 25 characters here

San Josť, Costa Rica

#53 Sep 24, 2008
You can't get much more American than apple pie
Paula

Coral Gables, FL

#54 Sep 24, 2008
This is hillarious! If I was there I'd be laughing my butt off! come on, I've had worse things done to me during sports team hazing. These kids shouldn't be arrested for having a sense of humor!

“A half-truth is a whole lie”

Since: Jun 08

United States

#55 Sep 24, 2008
yeagators wrote:
<quoted text>
PS- why the translator?
Let's assume it is because she can't speak English.....geez...
I was being sarcastic. ;)
Xfloridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the translator? because Mrs. Hispanic doesn't want to learn English, she thinks she is ENTITLED to a translator. Why were the chaperones up front,and why all the yelling on the bus? Hispanics let their kids run WILD,they know how to pump out babies but they don't know how to PROPERLEY raise them. When I went and field trips and bus trips for team SPORTS we remained in our seats and spoke with our INDOOR voice the entire time. We knew it was wrong to talk loud in order to NOT distract the bus driver. We were respectful,we were white kids.
I may have you come back with some wiseass remark about my being latin but let me tell you not everyone is like that and I do share the frustrations you do. I feel more entitled to b1tch about it since my parents went through a heck of an ordeal to come into this country legally. My mother speaks english, so does my dad. They have a very successful business. When I came here I spoke only Spanish, took maybe a whopping year to learn full blown English. It annoys me when some Paco sees me and automatically speaks to me in Spanish, hello this is America! I don't like that someone who barely speaks Spanish or English knows where to go and become a leech. I work hard and and bust my butt to not be a burden on the system, since I do have this thing called pride. I pay my taxes. I have one child and you better believe he behaves in public and at home.

His father who is white, is a mess. He's the one that let's my son be a punk sometimes because he doesn't want to bother making the effort in keeping him in line.

Bad parenting is not a race thing, sadly though when you live in an area predominantly non-white, it's easy to come up with that assumption.
unfortunately

Hollywood, FL

#56 Sep 24, 2008
Save Our County wrote:
Oh Please! sexual assault? This is what boys have been doing for years for laughs. I do not agree with their sense of fun, but sexual assault?
These kids need lots of community service and better parenting, that's all. They certainly do not need criminal charges for being boys. They should also have to pay the 6th grader for the embarrassment.
And finally, their mothers should pull out the belt and beat them on the behind and law enforcement should watch while they do it. This will bring home the idea that you will get punished in more ways than one if you ever do something like this again!
i agree with you...sorta, however, the improved parenting will never happen. the mothers don't even understand the problem, not likely they will do anything at home but laugh. after all parents and kids are just buddies, right (sarcasm).

the problem is that parents expect the school to raise their kids, then want to step in when the punishment is "too harsh". you can't have it both ways.

the prank was mean and they need to be punished, too bad it has to involve the police. perhaps if the "adults" were actually paying attention on the bus, it would have not happened. isn't that why they are on the bus in the first place, to monitor? i have a cutting edge idea, the adults actually pay attention to the kids and maybe even sit in the back seats. that way they can see all.

pranks will never stop, but it's a bit brazen on the school bus with the coaches/adults on there. next it'll be during class.
Really Now

Marathon, FL

#57 Sep 24, 2008
woody hayes wrote:
Oh, enough already about this 'no bullying' policy. It's called part of growing up. The world is not full of nice people and you better learn how to deal with it. So he gets an apple pie, in the container no less, shoved down his pants. Christ, a wedgie, if done correctly, would cause more pain.
The kid is a crybaby if he is the one who told and the parents are morons for making it an issue out of it.
Now we know how you got your name. I figured you were only a racist prior to this statement, but now I've learned that you are also a pervert!
yeah right

Boca Raton, FL

#58 Sep 24, 2008
I'm assuming the driver has rear-view
mirrors he checks. Where you would
see kids out of their seats with heads against windows and apple pie
boxes being shoved in someones butt.
All this chaos and no one even glances back there.
The Truth Hurts

Lake Worth, FL

#59 Sep 24, 2008
This is the thanks we get for giving these illegals free education & health care, deport all of them please!
Hmmmmm

Boynton Beach, FL

#60 Sep 24, 2008
Cops suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Fuhucking pigs nave nothing better to do?
These are children!
I know it's difficult for most of the simple minded idiots in this society to realize that children CAN'T make the same rational decisions as adults.
The cops need to go out and do REAL police work.
Go after to dope dealers.
Go after the illegal gun dealers.
Go after the violent gangs.
Go after the street thugs.
These kids are just "SAFE" targets for these morons.
I look forward to reading about the next cop that has been killed!!!!!!!
I know that when we were 15, the first thing we did when we wanted to have some fun was strip a 6th grader. You idiot!
news flash

Hollywood, FL

#61 Sep 24, 2008
Xfloridian wrote:
<quoted text>
Why the translator? because Mrs. Hispanic doesn't want to learn English, she thinks she is ENTITLED to a translator. Why were the chaperones up front,and why all the yelling on the bus? Hispanics let their kids run WILD,they know how to pump out babies but they don't know how to PROPERLEY raise them. When I went and field trips and bus trips for team SPORTS we remained in our seats and spoke with our INDOOR voice the entire time. We knew it was wrong to talk loud in order to NOT distract the bus driver. We were respectful,we were white kids.
well isn't that a lovely racist story. do you now live in a cave on a deserted island? look around at these "white" kids you lovingly talk about. they are rude, lewd, disrespectful. it's not about race, it's about parenting.
nobama

Monomoy Island, MA

#62 Sep 24, 2008
the mother of one of the kids charged in the assault,,,,needed a translater.....and,,,she said ,,,whats the fuss about this???...try this ,,,, the whole family should be deported !!!!!!... another example as to why we need serious enforcement on illegals in florida and everywhere else they are hiding....pathetic.....
Local Guy

Coral Gables, FL

#63 Sep 24, 2008
The adults are to blame - the ones on the bus and the parents. Now, the 8th graders have to be treated as criminals (which they are) and the 6th grader probably has many years of trouble trying to deal with this. Some thing that was avoidable if adult supervision was present.
Fidel

Miami, FL

#64 Sep 24, 2008
woody hayes wrote:
The kid is 15 years old and still in middle school? He is going to make a great landscaper one day.
lol. 15 and still stupid.. 2 fegalas in the making. probably saw some family memebers have their way with some cattle.
Fidel

Miami, FL

#65 Sep 24, 2008
members
thehellwiththem

Miami, FL

#66 Sep 24, 2008
Paula wrote:
This is hillarious! If I was there I'd be laughing my butt off! come on, I've had worse things done to me during sports team hazing. These kids shouldn't be arrested for having a sense of humor!
Yeah...a real riot! Maybe they should have just used their penises instead......I am sure you would still be laughing.....sick stupid idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Canuk 1,602,377
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Bruddah Z 317,584
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,981
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 15 hr zazz 98,519
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) 21 hr tlclost57 264
News Federal agents raid Florida Career College (Oct '07) Sep 18 Victorr feliu 246
Research Centers of America (Jul '13) Sep 15 Susan 7

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages