The Dark Night (Batman) should be rated R

Posted in the Fort Lauderdale Forum

“I hate THE DO-GOODERS!!!!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Southfield michigan

#1 Jul 19, 2008
First of all I loved the movie! It is the best movie I have seen in years. But it should be rated R instead of PG 13! There is ten times the violence in Batman the in any of the Father movies! There is no way in hell that movie with wanton killing and torture scenes are anything remotely what I want to see kids under 16 to see. I mean the Joker not only murders people freely (I am ok with it, Joker is an sociopath *sshole!) But he goes back and finishes off defenseless people! I felt bad for the grandma who brought her 5,6,7 year old grand kids, who had to leave because it clearly upset her kids. Granted it is rated PG 13 and she should of known better, but still. She could have easily thought it would be like that 60ies Batman, or worse case scenario, that Batman forever garbage! I would like to see Warner Brothers adult up and change the rating to an R. Maybe even some movie houses do the same? Oh by the way I am going to see it again!

“I hate THE DO-GOODERS!!!!!!”

Since: Apr 08

Southfield michigan

#2 Jul 19, 2008
Batman haters lol
Ell

United States

#3 Jul 20, 2008
The film as it stands should not be R. I do think that they should have made it darker and grittier and given it an R rating. For all that violence there was not a single drop of blood in the entire movie.
Puppyluv

Sarasota, FL

#4 Jul 28, 2008
I think it should be R. I didn't see it but my dad's friends told him of the violence. Poor Joker though Heath Ledger died after the movie was shot.
concernedmoviego er

United States

#5 Aug 3, 2008
To be honest with you, I loved the Dark Night. But this does not mean it shouldn't have been rated R.
If I had been aware of the amount of violence that there was in the movie, I might not have even watched it. But the fact isn't that there was a lot of violence, it is about how realistic it all seems.
For example, one man in the movie is impaled by a pencil, and you could've fooled me into thinking it was real if I were in the shoot that day.
What I think everyone is trying to say is, nowadays, word of mouth is much better than what ratings tell you: do more research before you watch a movie.
the joker

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Sep 30, 2008
i feel that i the joker was not being that violent in the movie
random guy

Quitman, TX

#7 Nov 13, 2008
altraz the dark knight is my favorite movie and i have sen it 3 times and i am 13 i kno alt of other friends of mine the same age who fel the same and the impalement was not bad its just bam he falls down u dont see it shoved in and joke is way cooler than he is scary my 9 yearold sis saw basicly saw all the joker seens on yutube and says he didnt bother her at all it easily gets pg13 becase the darkness and the theme r to dramatic for kids to understand they just ee heros and villains but the teenagers get wats going on ad i enjoyed everybito it impalement and all infact the impalement or as i like to call it magic trickis one of my faves my older bro took me and to me violence isntbad if it isnt bloody and gory wich dark knight wsnt casclosed
IVEGOT14INCHES

Marina, CA

#8 Nov 13, 2008
if dey put me indat moovy as de blak nite deyd haafta rate it XXX
id make dat heeth legr skweel likapig
Zachary

Barnesville, OH

#9 Dec 3, 2008
I really enjoyed the movie. It was probably the best batman movie I have ever seen. Heath Ledger did a wonderful job playing the Joker. I can see the ratings either way, it didn't have any blood in it, it's how dark and dramatic the movie is. The amount of violance and him tricking insane people was kinda a little rough. I would have to say it is a hard pg-13.
jac

United States

#10 Mar 29, 2009
i HIGHLY disagree with the people who say it should be rated R and here is why: there is barelt any language at all in it if any and R rated movies usaully contain up to hundreds of uses of the F word. R rated movies usually contain blood and gore and neither were ever actually shown in this movie. R rated movies usually contain nudity and sex and nether were in this movie. I think parents were mad about this movie becasue they took their kids to see it and they expected a good hearted super hero movie but that isn't what "The Dark Knight" is at all. That is what "Batman" is and the "Batman" comic series and the "Dark Knight" comic series were two VERY different series.
Nikki

Augusta, ME

#11 Oct 13, 2011
Altraz wrote:
First of all I loved the movie! It is the best movie I have seen in years. But it should be rated R instead of PG 13! There is ten times the violence in Batman the in any of the Father movies! There is no way in hell that movie with wanton killing and torture scenes are anything remotely what I want to see kids under 16 to see. I mean the Joker not only murders people freely (I am ok with it, Joker is an sociopath *sshole!) But he goes back and finishes off defenseless people! I felt bad for the grandma who brought her 5,6,7 year old grand kids, who had to leave because it clearly upset her kids. Granted it is rated PG 13 and she should of known better, but still. She could have easily thought it would be like that 60ies Batman, or worse case scenario, that Batman forever garbage! I would like to see Warner Brothers adult up and change the rating to an R. Maybe even some movie houses do the same? Oh by the way I am going to see it again!
How dare you say that Batman Forever is garbage! You're a hater. I love Batman Forever because of Drew Barrymore and Nicole Kidman in it! I liked the funny Riddler and Two-Face parts.
Nikki

Augusta, ME

#12 Oct 13, 2011
And no I'm not from South Burlington. I'm from Barton in Vermont.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min shinningelectr0n 1,193,405
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 49 min RickJP 309,009
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr IB DaMann 51,594
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Cold Front 69,141
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro 5 hr Transparent 2
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 10 hr Anne 96,895
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 hr orange 71,562
Fort Lauderdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
How Can Dolphins Address Major Holes at CB?
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Browns Would Be Wise to Target Andre Johnson over Brian Hartline
NBC Sports 4:57 AM
Friday morning one-liners
NFL 7:35 AM
Could Ndamukong Suh land with Miami Dolphins?
Bleacher Report10:44 AM
Buzz: Agents Suspicious Dolphins Trying to Drive Up FA Prices