NASCAR track boss berates Barack Obam...

NASCAR track boss berates Barack Obama and 'God-forsaken area n...

There are 287 comments on the The Orlando Sentinel story from Mar 6, 2009, titled NASCAR track boss berates Barack Obama and 'God-forsaken area n.... In it, The Orlando Sentinel reports that:

By the time he was finished, Speedway Motorsports Inc. President Bruton Smith had taken on President Barack Obama , Homestead-Miami Speedway, which he said was in a "God forsaken" area, Auto Club Speedway, race ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Mar 6, 2009
Bruton Smith is my hero.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#2 Mar 6, 2009
Um Mr. Smith. I'm guessing you were trying to insult Miami with the "North of Cuba". North of Cuba?
Seriously?....Seriously? The ENTIRE UNITED STATES is "north of Cuba"

Did somebody drop out of 4th grade?

Fort Wayne, IN

#3 Mar 7, 2009
I'm not going to lose sleep over some corporations not buying huge blocks of tickets. They've been crowding out the regular fans for years and mostly with people who could not care less about watching a race. Cut the ridiculous prices and watch those seats fill up on race day.

Tallahassee, FL

#5 Mar 7, 2009
I love officials who speak there minds... more should!
law dawg

Knoxville, TN

#6 Mar 7, 2009
NASCAR needs to change it's name for there are no Fords, Chevys, Dodges, or Toyotas in the race. These are not stock cars and their fans are idiots if they do not recognize that. NASCAR better speak up about their outspoken track owner who must be a racist as well as a fascist.
Smith is a Hillbilly

Windermere, FL

#7 Mar 7, 2009
I guess he hasn't watched his beloved NASCAR lately. Watching big heavy sedans make left turns all day long while bouncing off each other like lottery balls - oh joy!

West Palm Beach, FL

#9 Mar 7, 2009
Bruton Smith is what happens when people in-breed

Lake Worth, FL

#10 Mar 7, 2009
NASCAR = REDNECK. Any half-idiot driver can play bumper cars in NASCAR. It takes serious skill to compete in Formula One, something no NASCAR driver has ever had. End of story.
Stating the Obvious

Hilo, HI

#12 Mar 7, 2009
And we care what the president of NASCAR has to say because...?

Has news reporting really gotten this desperate that it panders to NASCAR, the lowest common denominator?

Modesto, CA

#13 Mar 7, 2009
NASCAR = REDNECK..peter is right. I wont even buy products that are from company's that support nascar anymore.I keep hearing the same thing from other intelligent people. It is obvious any bubba can drive a car in circles. The formula One races are more interesting.

Delray Beach, FL

#15 Mar 7, 2009
just another miserable redneck goes on
Pago Pago Trojan

Toledo, OH

#16 Mar 7, 2009
Hero wrote:
Bruton Smith is my hero.
I think we all pretty much agree. For the next 8 years you'll NEVER hear/read anything negative about osama! Get use to it.
law dawg

Knoxville, TN

#17 Mar 7, 2009
I LOVE the posts on this subject. Kudos to most of you. I am leaving out HERO as the good book says, A fool is considered wise until he opens his mouth and his foolish heart is exposed.
Jed Clampett

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Mar 7, 2009
Boys...Another reason why inbreeding SUCKS!

Lake Worth, FL

#19 Mar 7, 2009
Bruton Smith An American Loser.
Gun Toter

Saint Cloud, FL

#20 Mar 7, 2009
Free talk

Bakersfield, CA

#21 Mar 7, 2009
The guy is entitled to his opinion. He can say what he wants.

Encourage everyone not to feel restricted to mouth an opinion.

If anyone is offended, they do what you please.

Freedom of speech, freedom of thought, freedom from government intervention.

Government starts in one place and grows like a cancer until you wake up one morning and find out you've died.
Whiteboy G

Oviedo, FL

#22 Mar 7, 2009
Just like the US AUTO industry...It's the end of an era of greed and corruption that they were the catalyst of and just like the retail auto business, NASCAR is on the down slide. Smith is just realizing that wasting gas and rubber and watching cars go round and round with fixed endings is all coming to an end. Baby Boobmers suck. You racist backwoods bastatrd.

Pompano Beach, FL

#23 Mar 7, 2009
Hepzibah wrote:
just another miserable redneck goes on
Calling this guy a redneck is insulting to rednecks.
Schweddy Balls

Pompano Beach, FL

#26 Mar 7, 2009
Did you notices how the inbreed, ignorant and narrow minded support and defend an ignorant bigot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,441,248
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Stop Climate Chan... 61,729
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 4 hr zazz 98,216
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr TRD 71,108
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 16 hr zef 312,174
trump likes talk about Oct 16 vote hillary 1
Review: Guys & Dolls Hairkuts -Voted Best Hair ... (Apr '13) Oct 15 Susan R 5

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages