Miami man killed in motorcycle accident in Broward

A Miami man was killed early this morning when he lost control of his 2008 Kawasaki motorcycle, slammed into a retaining wall and was ejected more than 30 feet onto Interstate 95, said Florida Highway Patrol ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Dick

United States

#1 Sep 11, 2008
So are we going to have 500 hundred posts bit~ching about bad drivers on go fast bikes on this story?

No matter how good you are, or how good your bike is, you can't beat the law of physics.
TamaracGuy

Memphis, TN

#5 Sep 11, 2008
Thank God he didn't take some innocent person(s) with him.
Grannies Puffy Wipples

United States

#9 Sep 11, 2008
Dick wrote:
So are we going to have 500 hundred posts bit~ching about bad drivers on go fast bikes on this story?
No matter how good you are, or how good your bike is, you can't beat the law of physics.
No Shcmitt Sherlock
Joe

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#10 Sep 11, 2008
What is with you morons automatically assuming that this guy was speeding and reckless. Accidents happen, in cars and on motorcycles. I used to have a Harley when I was younger but would never own another bike. I have seen too many friends hurt or killed. Motorcycles are just plain dangerous at almost any speed.
Burgerman

United States

#11 Sep 11, 2008
...and anyone with a few bucks can buy one of these useless toys. Someone should bring a lawsuit against the manufacturers for accessory after the fact. What is the point of a wheel standing 140 mph crotch rocket. Basic transportation???????? No one forces these morons to buy these things or ride these things, but considering the lack of common sense that runs through the crotch rocket pack, the temptation overwhelms them. Stop feeding the idiots.

I watched one flip off a cop sitting next to him as he decided he didn't need to sit at a red light. He just pulled the front wheel off the ground and and disappeared in a blur. The cop gave up after about a 100 yard chase. He didn't have a chance.
Idiot locater

United States

#13 Sep 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
What is with you morons automatically assuming that this guy was speeding and reckless. Accidents happen, in cars and on motorcycles. I used to have a Harley when I was younger but would never own another bike. I have seen too many friends hurt or killed. Motorcycles are just plain dangerous at almost any speed.
Joe, he lost control and slammed into the retaining wall. You don't need a traffic homicide investigator to tell you that speed was the major factor. Listen, ride up and down I-95 and watch these crotch rockets go...

“The Homies Have Spoken”

Since: Jul 08

Lighthouse Point, Florida

#15 Sep 11, 2008
Grannies Puffy Wipples wrote:
<quoted text>
No Shcmitt Sherlock
What's the matter? You don't feel like being "The Dude" today?

“The Homies Have Spoken”

Since: Jul 08

Lighthouse Point, Florida

#16 Sep 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
Well, genius, the investigators determined that he was unable to negotiate the curve in the road. That kind of tells you everything you need to know. If he wasn't speeding, then he must be a really crappy driver if he couldn't make the curve doing the speed limit. Right?
Governor Christ

Pompano Beach, FL

#17 Sep 11, 2008
How many more lives will it take, before they put a taller wall or fence to keep motorcyclist from going over the wall????

Whether it was a stupid miscalculation or a straight up accident, it should be the responsibility of the state to recognize this flaw in that wall.

One or more die every month, when they go over these walls after being ejected.

Do something about it!!!!!
Pepe

Miami, FL

#18 Sep 11, 2008
This kid was only 20 years old.
What kind of judgment did you people have at that age?
Sarah Palin Oozes Sex

Hollywood, FL

#19 Sep 11, 2008
I wouldn't lie about her sex appeal.
Trippette

United States

#20 Sep 11, 2008
Joe wrote:
Do you know the area? He's trying to make the southbound 95 lane, misses the curve(sharper than most) and end up in the northbound lanes. Unless he blew a tire, speed very well could be the factor. Guess we'll never know.
bobby-g

Lake Butler, FL

#21 Sep 11, 2008
Another senseless tragedy.

Since: May 07

<<<<--the right to bare

#22 Sep 11, 2008
Governor Christ wrote:
How many more lives will it take, before they put a taller wall or fence to keep motorcyclist from going over the wall????
Whether it was a stupid miscalculation or a straight up accident, it should be the responsibility of the state to recognize this flaw in that wall.
Darwin described what you are seeing in The Origin of Species.

We don't need a wall, we need to remove them to give evolution a chance to work faster.
A Firemans Sis

United States

#25 Sep 11, 2008
Condolences to his family and friends.
A horrible tragedy.
shutit

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#27 Sep 11, 2008
Oh yeah cause hitting a concete wall at 100 mph will help!! you are really really dumb hitting that wall at 40 mph will kill you too. get a clue!
Governor Christ wrote:
Jaybird

Pompano Beach, FL

#28 Sep 11, 2008
One culprit here is the marketing for these bikes, which is full of images of speed and knee-scraping cornering. The implication is that the bike will let anyone do it, when even professional racers crash all the time. They do so, however, with full protective gear on courses with nothing like a wall to ram into.

I ride and have always felt no one without a year of experience on a small bike (250 cc or less) should be allowed to buy or ride anything over 600 cc. The most dangerous time is the first 6 months to a year when new riders think they know it all and can do it all, especially with the marketing model before them.

Bikes can be riden safely. I've gone 40 years without a fall, but riders need to know their limits ... and then ride below them.
Danoman

Cedar Lake, IN

#36 Sep 11, 2008
Gods Speed Dude RIP
Hatchetman

Lake Worth, FL

#40 Sep 11, 2008
County wrote:
<quoted text>
They try to run from police like that on a regular basis. Giving some of those morons tickets is pointless. One guy got a ticket for reckless driving and next week he ran a red light, was run over by a car and that was the end of him. He never even had a chance to pay the ticket. I do feel sorry for the woman who ran him over. She got out of the car and saw him minus a few body parts and threw up.
...and with the new laws starting Oct.1,you will see a whole lot more running from the police.In case you were'nt aware,these 3 new laws will go into effect...
1)50 mph+ over posted speed limit,
2)1 tire leaving the paved surface,front"wheelie ",rear"indo"
and finally
3)obscured tag,hidden or not properly displayed..
all 3 offenses have same penalty
1st time)$1000 fine.
2nd time)$2500 fine,1 year lic.suspension.
3rd time)$5000 fine ,10 year lic.suspension.

“A half-truth is a whole lie”

Since: Jun 08

Orlando, FL

#41 Sep 11, 2008
Humans-0
Pavement 164740549746497

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 min Pearl Jam 307,093
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 25 min UnderstandPeople 1,156,051
Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 1 hr zazz 96,705
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 49,333
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 hr L Morales 71,257
vernelrogers@gmail.com Dec 23 ROGERSV 1
Fort Lauderdale Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Lauderdale News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Lauderdale

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:52 am PST