Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#274350 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What grumpy and foo are saying is one thing. They are CLEARLY not practicing Jews,...hence my comment that ALL REAL JEWS DON'T. The Jews that he refers to-along with those that you quote above are not REAL/AUTHENTIC practicing Jews. They are merely JINO's.
No different then the CINO's who claim that they support abortion rights while being a Catholic.
Oh Skanky, get off your sanctimonioius high horse already. Seriously. You're as PHONY a catholic as it gets. Who the hell are you to say what kind of Jews Grumpy or I or anyone else is, when YOU dont practice your OWN faith?

You disrespect and befoul EVERYHING - and I do mean EVERYTHING that Catholicism and Jesus is supposed to stand for. You're a g-d damn POS who takes EVERY opportunity to cut down poeple of other faiths at EVERY opportunity, you LIE about other faiths even when you've REPEATEDLY been shown the FACTS about other faiths, you bear false witness and you have absoloutely NO remorse about your lies.

And you have to NERVE to criticise OTHERS?? You're a damn joke.

Location hidden

#274351 Jan 3, 2013
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Look it up, we don't go around and say a person was possessed publicly , but there are cases out there like the little boy from Iowa which the Exorcist movie was based on. My former Bishop talked about how on a very hot summer day, a man was walking on the walls and hissing while the temp inside the house read twenty below. There are legit books out there about exorcisms.
ROFLMAO

Yeah. The most famous one was written by William Peter Blatty. PBFA and I had lunch with him a few years ago when she came to Balitmore to visit. VERY cool guy.

@@

You're a moron Knutter.

Location hidden

#274352 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I have posted from many Jewish sites about Jewish teaching on abortion and nowhere does it say they agree with abortion on demand. I see that it is only allowed if the mother's live or health is in danger and only after consultation with family and Rabbi. It isn't taken lightly.
You haven't posted SHIT about Jewish teaching on abortion Inkstain, I however have.

Here is the site with the OFFICAL AMERICAN JEWISH VIEW on abortion, its history and its theology. I've posted this LITERALLY over 50 times, only to have you and your idiot friend IGNORE it and make shit up as you go along.

http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/search/node...

NOBODY HERE HAS EVER CLAIMED THEY SUPPORT OR AGREE WITH ABORTION ON DEMAND.

Why are you two idiots arguing about something NOT ONE PERSON HERE HAS EVER CLAIMED?

Location hidden

#274353 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
""""When I am speaking to someone for whom I have respect, someone that actually IS a Christian, I will show the respect the title of the faith is due"""" "
Your "wife" and your daughter are Christians and you continually show such disrespect for their religion. You mock their faith.
You simply cannot help but to put your foot in your mouth,can you?
No I dont. I mock YOUR version of faith and more importantly, I mock YOU.

You are NO christian OR catholic.

THEY are not Catholic.

Location hidden

#274354 Jan 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Exorcist was never a f'n documentary. It's based on a boy from the Maryland area. And there's a lot of info out there showing how the book and movie came to be made, how these were loosely based on real events. Loosely based does not mean it's a documentary.
Personally, I don't believe in demonic possession. I think people have mental illness left untreated and they're behavior gets bizarre. That's why I think it's important to study the brains of people during life and after their deaths. For too long, brain activity has been denied while external forces have gotten credit.
Actually, none of that is really true Katie. Pbfa and I really did have lunch with William Peter Blatty, and he talked about how he came up with it.

The 1949 case of a SUPPOSED boy in Cottage City Md was only the original inspiration. He wrote a letter to the priest involved in that case, and the priest would give him ABSOLUTELY NO information about the case because of the confidentiality of the priesthood, other than to say "it was the real thing", which gave him the confidence to write the story percolating in his mind.

He's always been fascinated how that remained his defining novel tho he's written many both before and since, and he was a writer with director Blake Edwards for a dozen-ish comedy hits of the 60's, and did you know he was a contestant on Groucho Marx "You Bet Your Life" where he won $10 grand and it allowed him to quit his job and write full time.

LOL I remember he joked that we owe the Exorcist to Grouco Marx!

Very strange man, but EXTREMELY cool!

Location hidden

#274355 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
If I say no, you will call me a liar. That's a no win question.
You certainly DO lie. You've lied here REPEATEDLY about me and other posters for one thing. You lie about lying.

Location hidden

#274356 Jan 3, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Judaism forbids abortion on demand. Catholism does too.
DIfference is, Judaism doesn't want to legislate that. Catholics do. Jews feel NO desire to force their religious view on others. Catholics do.
She is a fool to then claim to be a "practicing" Jew.

I dont claim to be, I AM a practicing Jew.
""""" Foo believes women should be free to make their own decisions""" """
I do too UNTIL that decision kills or hurts another.
Their medical decision doesn't hurt ANYONE.

It CERTAINLY doesn't affect YOU in ANY way.
As far as abortion,her religion FORBIDS that decision and foo doesn't care..hence,her stance.
My religion does NOT "forbid" that decision. In FACT it REQUIRES it sometimes.

It forbids ELECTIVE abortion. It does NOT forbid women of OTHER faiths making their own decisions.

THIS is the OFFICAL Jewish view:

"When faced with such conflicting values, individuals should be able
to turn to their own moral traditions or religious faith for guidance.
Government has no business preempting that very personal process,
leaving women trapped without a choice.
We do not propose that a particular religious view of abortion find
expression in legislation. That would be violating someone else's religious
freedom. And many people's moral choices regarding abortion are deeply
personal, and not determined by any particular religious tradition.
In the face of such great moral and religious diversity, the proper role
of government in a free society is to allow different traditions to advocate
their respective views, and to leave the decision to the woman, answering
to God and to her conscience."

http://www.violence.de/ajc/ajc.pdf
The Catholic Church thinks ALL life is sacred-Mom and child. BOTH are valuable. BOTH deserve respect. BOTH are equal.
THe Jewish faith does NOT agree with this.

"Judaism affirms that nascent life has great value.
But it is not the only value."

"In some religious traditions, if the fetus endangers the life of the
mother, abortion is not a matter of choice; it is mandatory!"

The woman's life is of MORE value than that of the embryo, zyoge or fetus.
Once again,you focus on the RARE cases of actually a mother dying while pregnant to justify over 55 MILLION abortion in this country alone. Who are you trying to play here? Me? Don't be silly.
Nobody is doing any such thing.

Nobody has to justfiy even ONE abortion to the likes of you.

YOU are meaningless.

Location hidden

#274357 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the Jews put down in writing all of the oral traditions and laws of their people. They believed in one God and He was very important to their existance as they saw it. As for the new testament it is comprised of the stories of Jesus' ministry. What He said and the way He said it was written from testamony of people who knew Him and people who knew someone who knew Him. Other parts of the new testament are letters from disciples to to the Greeks, Romans, Jews etc. There is historical refrence to Christ and Christians.
What would be the point for the Jews to write a work of fiction. Fiction wasn't popular back then.
There is no historical refrence to your jesus in the Talmud, in fact, there is no reference to your jesus in ANY Jewish liturgy, he was meaningless to the Jewish faith.

I will say that while I dont belive its a work of fiction, I dont (nor do most Jews) take the bulk of it literaly as many christians do regarding their version of the bible.

Location hidden

#274358 Jan 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>No, that's just when you entered the convo. There is life before Ink, believe it or not. The original point of discussion whether infants are born with "sin." Apparently, you Xtians here think that babies are born with, not the skill, but the raw, sinful nature that motivates them to do wrong... lying was an example.
Instain seems to think that all conversations have to begin when she enters the discussion, and anything said before no longer counts where she's concerned. That way, she can skew her view and dismiss anything anyone says as irrelevant to what she didn't bother to read to begin with.

Location hidden

#274359 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also go to wikipedia and other sites and find all the contributions to science made by Jesuits
The Jesuits in particular have made numerous significant contributions to the development of science. For example, the Jesuits have dedicated significant study to earthquakes, and seismology has been described as "the Jesuit science."[2][3] The Jesuits have been described as "the single most important contributor to experimental physics in the seventeenth century."[4] According to Jonathan Wright in his book God's Soldiers, by the eighteenth century the Jesuits had "contributed to the development of pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in some cases before anyone else, the colored bands on Jupiterís surface, the Andromeda nebula and Saturnís rings. They theorized about the circulation of the blood (independently of Harvey), the theoretical possibility of flight, the way the moon effected the tides, and the wave-like nature of light."[5]
Oh bigfucking deal @@. I can give you lists of great ancient Jewish, Chinese, Buddhist and many other culture/religious scientists.

You freaks act like you have a lock on science and technology in your religion when they were just a few of many.

Location hidden

#274360 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with him.
With "him" who?
They are famous and highly regarded in their scientific circles.
ROFLMAO No, most of them really are not famous even WITHIN their scientific circles.
You may not know their names but we all have benefitted from their discoveries and accomplishments.
ANd we've benifited from MILLIONS of scientific discoveries of people that weren't jesuits too. So what?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274361 Jan 3, 2013
Paul Bunyan is an oral tradition. So were virtually all religious stories and traditions. That's not proof of anything.

There is no reference to jesus written in the period he was supposed to have lived; everything written came decades later. Even the gospels weren't written down at the time, or by the authors they are attributed to.

Jewish writings of the time don't mention jesus, nor do roman records.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You know the Jews put down in writing all of the oral traditions and laws of their people. They believed in one God and He was very important to their existance as they saw it. As for the new testament it is comprised of the stories of Jesus' ministry. What He said and the way He said it was written from testamony of people who knew Him and people who knew someone who knew Him. Other parts of the new testament are letters from disciples to to the Greeks, Romans, Jews etc. There is historical refrence to Christ and Christians.
What would be the point for the Jews to write a work of fiction. Fiction wasn't popular back then.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#274362 Jan 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No it's not. It is a totally different thing but I can understand that you don't see the difference.
Ink! Bottom line is that I think you're full of crap. Nothing you say will convince me otherwise. It seems to me you're turning this into lies that involve real damage. And don't start blah blah blah about that's where it starts.... because include you in that then. BECAUSE YOU LIE TOO!

I lie. I'm a good hearted person. I don't like to see people hurt. I have a general care/respect for people, and the law, as do my kids.

I'm sorry if I think being honest isn't as important as sparing feelings and such. Chalk it up to a difference of opinion, but I taught/am teaching my children 'reality' of life, and sometimes.. again... wait for it... here it comes.....sometimes to get by, you have to lie.... lol

You can turn it into pre-felonies if you want, but ya, go there, that would be just like you.... hahahhaha

I've never been to jail, and realistically (outside of the norm), I've never broken the law. And by norm, I mean j-walking, speeding, that kind of stuff)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#274363 Jan 3, 2013
It's impressive until one realizes that the RCC controlled science (or their version of it) for centuries. The advancements made by other groups were ignored--wiccans and their pagan comrades were ahead of the christians in terms of astrology, herbalism, and medicine. Let's also remember the impediments the church threw into the advancement of science; Leonardo's suppression by the church is a legendary example of that.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You can also go to wikipedia and other sites and find all the contributions to science made by Jesuits
The Jesuits in particular have made numerous significant contributions to the development of science. For example, the Jesuits have dedicated significant study to earthquakes, and seismology has been described as "the Jesuit science."[2][3] The Jesuits have been described as "the single most important contributor to experimental physics in the seventeenth century."[4] According to Jonathan Wright in his book God's Soldiers, by the eighteenth century the Jesuits had "contributed to the development of pendulum clocks, pantographs, barometers, reflecting telescopes and microscopes, to scientific fields as various as magnetism, optics and electricity. They observed, in some cases before anyone else, the colored bands on Jupiterís surface, the Andromeda nebula and Saturnís rings. They theorized about the circulation of the blood (independently of Harvey), the theoretical possibility of flight, the way the moon effected the tides, and the wave-like nature of light."[5]
Tom Tom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#274364 Jan 3, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't posted SHIT about Jewish teaching on abortion Inkstain, I however have.
Here is the site with the OFFICAL AMERICAN JEWISH VIEW on abortion, its history and its theology. I've posted this LITERALLY over 50 times, only to have you and your idiot friend IGNORE it and make shit up as you go along.
http://www.rabbinicalassembly.org/search/node...
NOBODY HERE HAS EVER CLAIMED THEY SUPPORT OR AGREE WITH ABORTION ON DEMAND.
Why are you two idiots arguing about something NOT ONE PERSON HERE HAS EVER CLAIMED?
"NOBODY HERE HAS EVER CLAIMED THEY SUPPORT OR AGREE WITH ABORTION ON DEMAND."

So then you do not support a womans right to make her own choice.

Location hidden

#274365 Jan 4, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't? You NEVER told us that you might be applying for food stamps? Really ;)?
Jealous of your success? I am not jealous of anyone. If you are successful in your dreams,then good for you. I mean that sincerely. All I wish is for you to be honest with yourself about what you did. My post to you was to let you know that God will forgive you and make you whole again. It is VERY clear that you are still living in denial. I don't for a second believe that you are "okay" with paying to have your childs life ended. YOU yourself even admitted to abortion killing a life. So stop attacking me for repeating what YOU are admitting already.
Look Sassy,, obviously she doesn't have the "feelings" about what she did like you wish she did. She's in denial? Yeah,,, no, she's not, and you need to find peace with that. So really, the problem is yours, and not hers. Why don't you just get that and move on? Your obsession with her is bordering on embarrassing. And if you're not jealous of her, you sure as heck fooled me! I mean this 'success in her dreams' crap? Ya,, reads jealous, and obsessive.

K, maybe at one time she needed food stamps,, so what? She doesn't anymore, and she's doing just find, so don't worry your little head too much over it!

So stop attacking her for something she's obviously admitted to and is okay with. Deal with it, and move on OR you can keep proving me right,,, your call! But I'm hoping you don't.

Have an obsessive free night Sassy! lol

Location hidden

#274366 Jan 4, 2013
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>What grumpy and foo are saying is one thing. They are CLEARLY not practicing Jews,...hence my comment that ALL REAL JEWS DON'T. The Jews that he refers to-along with those that you quote above are not REAL/AUTHENTIC practicing Jews. They are merely JINO's.
No different then the CINO's who claim that they support abortion rights while being a Catholic.
I can see that you're throwing stones again.

Location hidden

#274367 Jan 4, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You could tell the truth.
Everybody lies, including you.
To say they don't, would be lying!
Ocean56

AOL

#274369 Jan 4, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
You just don't want anyone to tell you what you can or can't do. its likely you are a control freak and you control freaks don't make good Christians because being humble is a foreign concept to them.
I bet you are the kind of person who won't take 'no' for an answer, yes?
I certainly don't want some nosy religious cleric telling me what I can and cannot do, so you're correct on THAT point at least. I have confidence in my 0OWN ability to make personal decisions, especially those concerning sex, marriage, and reproduction, so I don't need a cleric trying to make those decisions FOR me.

That's exactly why I kicked the toxic baggage of gods, religions and churches to the curb over 20 years ago and haven't regretted that decision for a minute. As far as I'M concerned, secularism = FREEDOM, no slavery required.
Ocean56

AOL

#274371 Jan 4, 2013
No Relativism wrote:
SweetSassy is a faithful Catholic and values human life.
You are envious and filled with ire that she is an authenic woman, and you have steadily become baby-hating trailer trash.
You hate yourself, so you cope by transferring that hate outward toward others....including most innocent among us -> the preborn.
You're spiritually dead and a confused sociopath.
Oh PLEASE. You can defend sASSy all you want, it makes no difference to me. As far as I'M concerned, she's an anti-choice, religious EXTREMIST, just like you.

It seems to me that extremists like YOU are the envious ones, but thankfully I don't have to join your misery loves company club.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min RoxLo 1,224,301
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 43 min ritedownthemiddle 53,050
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cold Front 69,821
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 16 hr vic 97,186
Review: Moving Forward Inc (Jul '14) Mon kim k 9
Review: Fashion Wardrobe Stylist (Feb '14) Sun Me too 2
Review: Law Offices Of George Castrataro Sat SoutheastPBJT 39
More from around the web

Fort Lauderdale People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]