Transexual teen has faith in self, ot...

Transexual teen has faith in self, others

There are 15 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 3, 2008, titled Transexual teen has faith in self, others. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The night I heard that a cross-dressing teen had been shot and killed on Sistrunk Boulevard in Fort Lauderdale , I immediately thought of Willie Litersky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

lilith

AOL

#1 Mar 4, 2008
Old ''*Papi" is at it again,writing about nothing.
DadofTwo

Arlington, VA

#2 Mar 4, 2008
Ralph,

Thank you for the wonderful story. I only wish the would had more people like you in it!! When I grow up, I want to be like Niki and YOU!
Audrey

Hillsdale, MI

#3 Mar 4, 2008
This is a wonderfully sensitive article. Fortunately, most people feel the way Mr. De La Cruz expresses so articulately. I really do believe that they are the silent majority and as we awaken them to the discrimination, violence, and hatred directed against transgender people by a small minoirty, Nikki's and others' future will become increasingly bright. Bravo!
Jennifer Marcus

AOL

#4 Mar 4, 2008
Thank you for writng this enlightened and comapssionate article about transgender young people. It is very encouraging that there are people like you who are willing to understand, stretch and grow to realize that we live in a very diverse universe that doesn't operate in a simplistic binary system of male and female ,black and white etc. Yes, we share commanalities in that we are all human beings but we are also very unique and different and that adds to the beauty and tapestry of life and the world. Many forget , that this is how the Creator created all of us and it apparently is what God planned. I do have one criticism however, in your article ,kindly avoid the terrms cross dresser its archaic and demeaning. Please refer to the person as being transgender or by the gender that they present, Thank You!
4therecord

United States

#5 Mar 5, 2008
I am saddened by this article and these responses. Yes, God loves everyone and is concerned about us all but please, Ms Marcus, if you are referring to the God of the Holy Bible, you are grossly misrepresenting Him. He did NOT plans this for this person's life. Please read from Romans Chapter 1 expecially verses 24-27. There is help for these folks who are challenged in their sexual identity but not this way. And for the record - violence against anyone is also condemned by God. I am totally against the violence done to these poor souls. They are also God's people. in ending "God loves the sinner but he hates the sin-every sin."
biblereader

United States

#6 Mar 6, 2008
If 4therecord really knew the Bible then s/he would know that the God of the Bible is of indeterminate sex/gender. In the original languages God is described in neutral sex/gender terms in Genesis 1-3. Not "man" but all humanity--male, female, and everyone in between--is created in the image of God. So, God's image not a man/male.

Further, one of God's names is Sophia, Sophia is translated as Wisdom in English but is clearly feminine and a manifestation of God in the Old (see esp. LXX and e.g. Prov. 9) and New Testaments (see e.g. Luke 7:35, 11:49).

4therecord reads the Bible like one still under the Law, which only enslaves and kills. But humanity has been liberated, the Law has been fulfilled, completed and we live under the infinite grace and mercy manifested Jesus the Christ. Throw off your shackles, 4therecord, the new law is love; let the Holy Spirit write it in your heart.

“dyssonance hotmail”

Since: Mar 07

Phoenix, AZ

#7 Mar 6, 2008
:D
Annaleigh

Roy, WA

#8 Mar 6, 2008
biblereader wrote:
If 4therecord really knew the Bible then s/he would know that the God of the Bible is of indeterminate sex/gender. In the original languages God is described in neutral sex/gender terms in Genesis 1-3. Not "man" but all humanity--male, female, and everyone in between--is created in the image of God. So, God's image not a man/male.
Further, one of God's names is Sophia, Sophia is translated as Wisdom in English but is clearly feminine and a manifestation of God in the Old (see esp. LXX and e.g. Prov. 9) and New Testaments (see e.g. Luke 7:35, 11:49).
4therecord reads the Bible like one still under the Law, which only enslaves and kills. But humanity has been liberated, the Law has been fulfilled, completed and we live under the infinite grace and mercy manifested Jesus the Christ. Throw off your shackles, 4therecord, the new law is love; let the Holy Spirit write it in your heart.
I totally agree with you about God being neither male or female. The idea that God is male would mean he has male genitals, I would rather think that God is a spiritual being far above human gender. Without looking up the verse I believe in gen:chapt 1 it says ,, and let us make man in our own image of God created HE them,,,, male and female created He them. This states the image of God is male and female.
-
A fact I had never thought of about the high murder rate among transsexuals Niki said well.(Gay bashers and bad people know where gay people hang out, so there's more of a chance that that's where crimes against gays happen,)
God bless her.
Anna
Mayor Jim Naugle

Columbia, SC

#9 Mar 15, 2008
It doesn't matter, that G.D. F***tt got what he deserved anyway. Thats my feelings on the matter and you know im always right. Now, if you'll excuse me, i need to use the public toilet on the beach, i really have to go "wink wink".
Robin

Seattle, WA

#10 Mar 24, 2008
Why is this article in the "lifestyle" section? Is being yourself a "lifestyle"?

And to those who think that you know what God thinks — why does most of the objection to gays, lesbians, trans people, etc. simply going about their lives come from religious people, especially Christians? You know, for those of us who don't take the Bible as the literal, infallible word of God (and, historically, most Christians have not taken it that way), citing Bible versions to support your personal opinions is meaningless, except perhaps to demonstrate that you have no rationale behind it.

Not long ago, it was common to use the Bible to support opinions on the superiority of whites, the innate corruption of black people, and the sinfulness of mixed race marriages. You should realize that, to many of us, Christians or otherwise, your use of the Bible against gender and sexual minorities appears as silly and narrow-minded as its previous use to enforce racist views does.

Why do you think that, just because your sense of your own gender is consistent with what's typical for people with your anatomy, you somehow have the right to pass judgment on other people and how they choose to deal with what life has given them? What's next, hellfire and damnation for people who receive cochlear implants? Or pacemakers, perhaps?
Robin

Seattle, WA

#11 Mar 24, 2008
great article, though, Ralph.
Alishia Massachusetts

United States

#12 Mar 29, 2008
Thank you Mr. De La Cruz for this beautiful and touching article. I work with GLBT youth and the things that they and the rest of the trans community have to endure are unbelievable at times. One can get an idea from some of the postings to your article. There are a lot of mindless hateful and self-righteous people out there. Don’t let those people get to you though as there are many more good thoughtful and caring people. Maybe someday we will live in a word of no violence and love. Until then all we can do is pray and work at making our selves better people.
In closing all I can say is Nikki YOU GO GIRL !!! Simmie we will remember you.
Alishia Ouellette
Trans Firefighter
Massachusetts
Laughing At ALBERT

Mansfield, MA

#13 May 5, 2008
Albert.....you are a MAN.....you will NEVER be a woman......
Alishia Massachusetts wrote:
Thank you Mr. De La Cruz for this beautiful and touching article. I work with GLBT youth and the things that they and the rest of the trans community have to endure are unbelievable at times. One can get an idea from some of the postings to your article. There are a lot of mindless hateful and self-righteous people out there. Don’t let those people get to you though as there are many more good thoughtful and caring people. Maybe someday we will live in a word of no violence and love. Until then all we can do is pray and work at making our selves better people.
In closing all I can say is Nikki YOU GO GIRL !!! Simmie we will remember you.
Alishia Ouellette
Trans Firefighter
Massachusetts
Jeffrey

United States

#14 May 11, 2008
4therecord wrote:
I am saddened by this article and these responses. Yes, God loves everyone and is concerned about us all but please, Ms Marcus, if you are referring to the God of the Holy Bible, you are grossly misrepresenting Him. He did NOT plans this for this person's life. Please read from Romans Chapter 1 expecially verses 24-27. There is help for these folks who are challenged in their sexual identity but not this way. And for the record - violence against anyone is also condemned by God. I am totally against the violence done to these poor souls. They are also God's people. in ending "God loves the sinner but he hates the sin-every sin."
Did you really say "expecially"? Were you kidding or was that a typo?
Jeffrey

United States

#15 May 11, 2008
Okay, now that I've gotten over "expecially" let me say this to anyone who reads the Bible the way you do; visit isna.org
and actually learn something BEFORE telling others how to live. Sincerely, take the time to learn.

Jeff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 49 min Copout 1,497,801
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Texxy the Selfie Cat 63,377
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 8,011
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,390
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 19 hr ThomasA 313,383
News Hialeah one of nation's least diverse cities, s... Thu trump bad for pre... 2
News Naked man rescued after getting stuck on Florid... (May '15) Wed andet1987 10

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages