19 busted at Cheetah adult club, busi...

19 busted at Cheetah adult club, business shut down

There are 231 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 9, 2009, titled 19 busted at Cheetah adult club, business shut down. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities arrested 19 people at an adult nightclub over the weekend in a prostitution bust and suspended all entertainment at the venue, a Hallandale Beach police spokesman said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

a woman

Pompano Beach, FL

#70 Mar 10, 2009
so why don't all you yapping, whining men STAND up and DEMAND legalization. It is the MALE PENIS that drives the prostitution industry. So gather up your testicles or grow a pair, and team up with the sex workers, both male and female and DO SOMETHING...
why not make it healthy and safe for everyone???
Legalize, regulate, and ensure that no diseases are spread.... oh yeah, and we can then TAX it.

as for the idiot who suggested there is no victim?
Sexually transmitted diseases affect many more then the first two people to pass it from one to another.
Frank

United States

#71 Mar 10, 2009
I have people stealing UPS packages off of my front door mat and this is the type of crime that the police are wasting their time with?

Glad to know my tax dollars are being wasted on something that is legal in Nevada and many other countries.
Frank

United States

#72 Mar 10, 2009
You have to be kidding me.

They sent a SWAT team into the strip club?

Why would you need to send a SWAT team in to arrest a bunch of 98 pound girls?

Is this article a joke or something?
dragnet

New Orleans, LA

#74 Mar 10, 2009
I FEEL SO MUCH SAFER NOW THAT THESE SEXY CREATURES WERE BUSTED!!!!! GET A GRIP CITY LEADERS THIS IS WHY ARE TAXES ARE IN SUCH A MESS!!!! MONEY SPENT ON CRAP.
Agast One

Quepos, Costa Rica

#75 Mar 10, 2009
it's a damn shame the investigation couldn't have been stretched out to three years
I Want To Know

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#76 Mar 10, 2009
When is there ever going to be a positive story on Hallandale Beach? Between local politics and the strip club, the City is getting a terrible image.....
Harry M

United States

#77 Mar 10, 2009
What a waste of time and money! The police need to leave these girls alone and stop real crime.
Oy Vey

United States

#78 Mar 10, 2009
Frank wrote:
You have to be kidding me.
They sent a SWAT team into the strip club?
Why would you need to send a SWAT team in to arrest a bunch of 98 pound girls?
Is this article a joke or something?
No its no joke . The cops are are bunch of PANSIES !!!!
County

Miami, FL

#80 Mar 10, 2009
Dancer wrote:
Yes!!!!!Finally....now if they can raid Tootsies next. Brothels are illegal. It is ruining the strip club industry for DANCERS.
ICE needs to join them if they raid Tootsiea. Many of their women are illegal aliens. Also lots of drugs in that place. Can't wait to see them get raided.
County

Miami, FL

#81 Mar 10, 2009
For those who think this raid was a waste of time; I guess you have no problem with organized crime groups who run them. Many of the are run by the Russian mob and not all the women working there are necessarily doing it voluntarily.
Observer

United States

#82 Mar 10, 2009
I must admit that I do go to Tootsies only about once a year for a few beers and get a few lap dances from the girls for fun. Contrary to some posters, there really are some smoking hot model-type Russian and Czech girls in there! The lap dances have gone up in price and are now $25 per song. They always ask right away to go The Champagne Room for sex and charge anywhere from $250 to $400, although I've never actually done it. I know this because I always ask each one all about it just out of curiosity. Anyway, I just hope they don't shut down Tootsies, too; because I don't see anything wrong with it.

Since: Aug 08

West Palm Beach, FL

#83 Mar 10, 2009
County wrote:
For those who think this raid was a waste of time; I guess you have no problem with organized crime groups who run them. Many of the are run by the Russian mob and not all the women working there are necessarily doing it voluntarily.
Another great reason to legalize and regulate the industry.
What_Now

Miami, FL

#84 Mar 10, 2009
Good luck America...!

I guess your mother, ex-wife and daughter will all have to look somewhere else for subsistance work, or why not a government stimulous package for them...
mesohorny

Miami, FL

#85 Mar 10, 2009
County wrote:
Now I got a cool image of hot women being held in bondage. Thanks for the post.
Just My Opinion

Hollywood, FL

#86 Mar 10, 2009

You mean to tell me SEX IS THAT DANGEROUS

"Under state law, Casper said, authorities can suspend operations at any business that threatens the public's safety, health or welfare."
Tragic

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#87 Mar 10, 2009
Fed up with this garbage wrote:
In years past strip clubs were a fantasy. The women were a dream for the patrons and men paid for a short fantasy of being close to a woman whose looks were in another league.
In the last few years clubs like the one in Hallandale Beach and Tootsies up the street have turned into nothing but houses of prostitution.
Before you can even order a cold beer you are approached by the scanky looking women and solicited for sexual acts.
As a long time strip club consousier I have to admit that times have changed and most strip clubs that I have been to in South Florida recently are nothing but brothels with ugly chics.
Couldn't of said it better myself. These skanks aren't even attractive enough to be the house mom at a club years ago. Stretch marks, cellulite, c-section scars and ridiculous tattoos are all the rage these days.
Confused

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#88 Mar 10, 2009
I Want To Know wrote:
When is there ever going to be a positive story on Hallandale Beach? Between local politics and the strip club, the City is getting a terrible image.....
Getting????? When did it ever have a positive one?
lol idiots

AOL

#89 Mar 10, 2009
boy hallendale police dept must have spent LOTS of money going in there over 2 years????? give me a break this is an embarasing situation for that police dept,,they should be investigated,,,what a bunch of clowns,,, thier wifes must be proud of their hubbys going in for sex bring home the STD's boys theres a club that NEVER gave the city or, comunity a problem,, i'll bet never a call to the police dept,, write this up in your subsidized newspaper MAYOR
No party affiliation

Pine Grove, LA

#90 Mar 10, 2009
big daddy wrote:
As a former NYPD Vice cop I've said it numerous time and I will say it again... Its only illegal because the Gov't isn't getting their cut. Same with the Bolita(illegal lottery) I can play the pick 3 at the local bodega but thats illegal, so I have to go to a Publix where I can play the same number and thats ok...Why because if you win the Gov't gets a cut.
No but the Mob was getting their cut. But then you old time NYPD guys would know all about sharing proceeds with the mob.
lab-rat

Boca Raton, FL

#91 Mar 10, 2009
Ooo Rah wrote:
<quoted text>
You dumb jerk.You must of been that dumb to vote for this do nothing m,ig,g,er, loving B,a.s.t.ar.d
Your an idiot it was a joke moron duhhh
Buy GUNS
Please, for the sake of the reputation of us smarter Obama non-fans, please protest silently, you're not helping.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,562,802
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Susanm 315,150
News Ex-Israeli family says it was booted from plane... 1 hr Just Do Not Fly 1
News Fort Lauderdale mural opens doors for artist Fr... (Feb '08) 14 hr Red 12
News Missing 5-year-old Florida girl likely was abdu... (Feb '09) 23 hr zazz 98,443
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) Jul 13 John 63,930
News Southwest Airlines prepares for more growth wit... Jul 12 BScott 3

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages