Rangers, Canadiens knock out Panthers: David Booth scores late ...

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Panthers ' hope for the playoffs ended 30 minutes after they had won. They watched it shrivel away on a pair of laptop computers.
Comments
121 - 132 of 132 Comments Last updated Apr 14, 2009
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Potvin wrote:
<quoted text> At 41-41 they should feel every bit as much winners as "losers". And their best season in a long time. The team improvement is evident. GO PANTHERS!
All teams that miss the playoffs have the same fate. What do you get for being the best of the worst? NOTHING but the worst position in the draft rotation ... making it as hard as possible to improve on your lot the next season. And since we know we are losing our top talent from this season; and our prospects of picking up fresh talent are very small .... you will NOT see an improvement next year.
Potvin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Numbers_Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
All teams that miss the playoffs have the same fate. What do you get for being the best of the worst? NOTHING but the worst position in the draft rotation ... making it as hard as possible to improve on your lot the next season. And since we know we are losing our top talent from this season; and our prospects of picking up fresh talent are very small .... you will NOT see an improvement next year.
Uhh, you said that last year and you were dead wrong. I think its safe to say you'll be wrong again.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

I said last year, that they would not improve this year? Let's say I did.
I was right.
They still missed the playoffs, which is all that matters. And they didn't improve their draft position, either... They actually fell back quite a bit.
But I'll go ahead and state that even by your soul criteria for success (points or wins -vs- the prior year); this team will have fewer wins, and score fewer points next year.
Guaranteed.
Mark

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Numbers_Guy wrote:
I said last year, that they would not improve this year? Let's say I did.
I was right.
If you dont know that 93 pts is higher than 85 pts then maybe its time to change your name.
Louie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Mark wrote:
<quoted text> If you dont know that 93 pts is higher than 85 pts then maybe its time to change your name.
Panthers improved this season, there is no question about that. They had an exciting season and came very close to getting into the playoffs.
Now, where do they go from here? That's the real question.
Offense needs improvement. That must be the goal in the off season.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2009

Mark wrote:
<quoted text> If you dont know that 93 pts is higher than 85 pts then maybe its time to change your name.
Of course 93 is higher than 85 but what difference does it make? They overachieved, but still didn't make the playoffs, and their only prize for finishing 17th in the league is the worst possible draft position of non-playoff teams.

You can say that means they had a better season, but to most of us, that is the worst possible finish to a season a team can have.

After 8 straight seasons of missing the playoffs; and after 12 YEARS since they last won a single playoff game; the fact that some fans are still willing to accept and apologize for another year of futility totally blows my mind.

This team may have sucked less that last year's team, but it still sucked. Why's that such a hard concept to grasp?
Potvin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Numbers_Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course 93 is higher than 85 but what difference does it make? They overachieved, but still didn't make the playoffs, and their only prize for finishing 17th in the league is the worst possible draft position of non-playoff teams.
You can say that means they had a better season, but to most of us, that is the worst possible finish to a season a team can have.
After 8 straight seasons of missing the playoffs; and after 12 YEARS since they last won a single playoff game; the fact that some fans are still willing to accept and apologize for another year of futility totally blows my mind.
This team may have sucked less that last year's team, but it still sucked. Why's that such a hard concept to grasp?
25 wins sucks. 41 wins is far from it. Watching the team compete hard every night and being in the playoff run at game 81 provides plenty of excitement to real fans. Not to mention the BEST Panther team in years. I wish they made the playoffs also, but If you cant appreciate the improvement in the team I feel sorry for you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

If you can't appreciate this year was a fluke and next year will be much, much worse, I feel sorry for you.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Also, "best Panther team in years" is really saying much, is it?

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

^isn't
Potvin

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2009

Numbers_Guy wrote:
If you can't appreciate this year was a fluke and next year will be much, much worse, I feel sorry for you.
Uhh, you said that last year and you were dead wrong. I think its safe to say you'll be wrong again.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

I did NOT say that last year. You're a liar AND an idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Fort Lauderdale Forum right now

Search the Fort Lauderdale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 min litesong 45,890
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min shinningelectr0n 1,083,572
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min SamBee 68,439
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr heres gianni 68,056
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr STO 305,179
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 2 hr Arthur 2,403
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) 3 hr test tickle 2,931
•••
•••
•••
Fort Lauderdale Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••