Fort Lauderdale police officer involv...

Fort Lauderdale police officer involved in early morning shooting

There are 161 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Jun 6, 2009, titled Fort Lauderdale police officer involved in early morning shooting. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

According to a release from the Police Department, the unnamed officer is alright.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Al Sharpton

Miami, FL

#55 Jun 6, 2009
Eyem Not Free wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you speak spanglish.
Cuz thats it all I heard the last time I went to jury duty. Fidel Castro would be better than the Cuban Scum Diaz Balart maggots
Exterminate the Supreme Court
You know there's medicine now for this type of thing.
lets hope

Loxahatchee, FL

#56 Jun 6, 2009
that the wounds get infected
Kracker

Buffalo, NY

#57 Jun 6, 2009
WTF are you talking about?

Too bad the cop did not kill the Nucking Figger!
DAS wrote:
Oh thats Great,he Feared for his Life,So he Just Kills SOMEONE...Oh My Goodness..........Just like they Do Pitbulls ONLY
smoke these chumps

Lake Worth, FL

#58 Jun 6, 2009
Its sickening the amount of thugs out there looking to rob and hurt people. When will our loser judges and law makers hold these thugs accountable? This sheet is crazy! We need some street justice!
Al Sharpton

Lake Worth, FL

#59 Jun 6, 2009
They beed em and you feed em.!!!!!!!!!
Section 8

Lake Worth, FL

#60 Jun 6, 2009
And he will also get free medical care on your dime suckers! Free housing on the river (jail), lift some weights and be back out stronger in a couple months. How you like that?
unconcerned one

Lake Worth, FL

#61 Jun 6, 2009
Hey Sentinel, shouldn't you have said, the alleged fort lauderdale officer allegedly shot the alleged robbery suspect?
Eyem Not Free

Miami, FL

#63 Jun 6, 2009
Al Sharpton wrote:
They beed em and you feed em.!!!!!!!!!
Beed, bree, who cares? The government is watching, wear aluminum foil on your head so they can't read your thoughts.
Bama Breeze

Pompano Beach, FL

#65 Jun 6, 2009
unconcerned one wrote:
Hey Sentinel, shouldn't you have said, the alleged fort lauderdale officer allegedly shot the alleged robbery suspect?
It should read; Sun Sentinel-Alleged news paper.And thats being kind......
police supporter

West Palm Beach, FL

#66 Jun 6, 2009
Mr. Wyman,

Do you have to start the article off like that?'Ft Laud police officer shot & wounded 19 yr old....' with no mention of what the '19 yr old' was doing at the time in the 1st sentence. So biased as always. What a shame.
I say

Boca Raton, FL

#67 Jun 6, 2009
The suspect was in critical condition after the shooting but is expected to live.

DARN, these guys need more range time.
pSYcHo

United States

#68 Jun 6, 2009
Amazing, it's OK for the police to do undercover work and take out the low life scum that that come out like roaches at night... as long as they're not receiving overtime. SS can bite my white A5S
LEO

Boca Raton, FL

#69 Jun 6, 2009
Hey Scott,
Why do you use the word 'alleged' in both the headline of your story and in the story itself. I would think that the story would read" Police report the man tried to rob..." Your use of the word 'alleged' moves your poorly written story form the news category, to the lets stir up the community against the police category. Shame on you and the Sun Sentinel!
It be getting better

Lake Worth, FL

#71 Jun 6, 2009
Yes folks It do be getting better out dare.
THE MAN

Pompano Beach, FL

#72 Jun 6, 2009
next time officer shoot to kill but good job anyway
Bama Breeze

Pompano Beach, FL

#73 Jun 6, 2009
Hey Scotty.This is how ya write a column.....
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news...
pSYcHo

United States

#74 Jun 6, 2009
Young African American from single parent home shot by undercover cop while walking home from church.
When the 19 year old approached the cop and asked for a donation for his church's choir group, the cop pulled his service weapon and fired several shots into the victim. The cops ALLEGE that the 19 year old church deacon was reaching into his waist band to get a weapon. The boys grieving mother, when reached at their modest West Park home, told the Scum Sentinel that "the boy has never been in trouble with the police and was probably reaching for the Bible he always carries with him". Ft. Lauderdale Police investigators, who say they'll conduct a fair investigation (yeah, right) refused further comment.

Fernandina Beach, FL

#75 Jun 6, 2009
Obama is robbing the american public so jones wanted to do the same. Jones openly said that he tried to rob the cop. He said "it was the stupidist thig i've ever done", I almost peed myself while I was treating the patient next door.
I DIDNT VOTE FOR HIM

Covington, LA

#76 Jun 6, 2009
THE BLACKS ARE OUT OF CONTROL!!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!
Enough is Enough!!! stop acting like the animals that you are. Behave like a human being for once!! Blacks are the first to claim the race card for being discriminated against....but for the Love of God it is almost always the Blacks who are doing nothing but the wrong thing!!!!!!!!!!
I DIDNT VOTE FOR HIM

Covington, LA

#77 Jun 6, 2009
Section 8 wrote:
And he will also get free medical care on your dime suckers! Free housing on the river (jail), lift some weights and be back out stronger in a couple months. How you like that?
Sounds like you know how to work the system too....How long were you in for??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Lauderdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr Cheech the Conser... 1,509,132
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 2 hr zabach 313,662
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) Sat doG mnaDed lyHo p... 71,273
the outlaws motorcycle gang in south Florida is... (Feb '11) Fri jpk338 261
News Tenants turn up volume so Davie turns up heat Mar 22 gdavis 1

Fort Lauderdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Lauderdale Mortgages