Federal cuts would affect thousands at Fort Knox

Feb 22, 2013 Full story: WHAS11 110

About 7,000 civilian workers at Fort Knox will be affected if federal cuts in defense spending take effect next Friday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
believe a cracker

Columbia, KY

#104 Mar 1, 2013
The Point wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not the world's leading expert on recessionay monetary policy or a Pinceton economist. Bernanke is. I'll leave it up to him to decide.
thats my problem with education(as you have pointed out in other post) bernanke can say that borrowing money at a self destructive rates is a good idea,and because of his education we take it as gospel even if it counters common sense! "he knows better than i do", thats the philosophy that is killing this country. are we not in control of our own destiny,or are we waiting for the next over educated prick to tell us what to do?
btw, i learned that in the champagne room you condescending prick!
WillHaveToGo

Elizabethtown, KY

#105 Mar 2, 2013
Anybody in Hardin County actually being affected by these cuts?We've known for over a year this could happen. Did people not prepare for it?
Fairchild

Vine Grove, KY

#106 Mar 2, 2013
I have been waiting for this day.

The Tea Party supporters who wanted cuts should be happy!

Or is it a case of "be careful what you wish for" that is now setting in on them?

When one side refuses to compromise and that one side is conrolled by a faction they fear and need for votes this is the outcome.

Sadly, the main supporters of the Tea Party are the same ones to be hurt by these cuts. How does it feel to be used!
in the know

Elizabethtown, KY

#107 Mar 2, 2013
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its civialian jobs being affected as they need to be. I know someone who works over there that makes $15 an hour for watching tv most of the day.
That is a bargin. I get $25 dollars an hour and do the same thing!
believe a cracker

Columbia, KY

#108 Mar 2, 2013
Fairchild wrote:
Or is it a case of "be careful what you wish for" that is now setting in on them?
When one side refuses to compromise and that one side is conrolled by a faction they fear and need for votes this is the outcome.
Sadly, the main supporters of the Tea Party are the same ones to be hurt by these cuts. How does it feel to be used!
most tea party folks realize that this cut is useless,as a matter of fact i cant understand why anyone would be talking much about it. its a small portion of what it should be.
believe a cracker

Columbia, KY

#109 Mar 2, 2013
Fairchild wrote:
when you send ALOT more than you earn,and decide to make cuts,everyone is going to feel the sting! its time to wake up and grow up!
WillHaveToGo

Campbellsville, KY

#110 Mar 3, 2013
They have 30 more days to prepare on top of the 18 months that have already passed. Everyone should have been prepared for this.Only problem I see is that anyone with a government job thought they were untouchable.
Sally Spurndoff

Louisville, KY

#111 Mar 3, 2013
Mandy wrote:
<quoted text>
Its civialian jobs being affected as they need to be. I know someone who works over there that makes $15 an hour for watching tv most of the day.
You're a non-argument-making idiot, Mandy! I love how you extrapolated from ONE (alleged, mind you) incident to the
entire group of workers.

And, yes, I am judging you, you hypocrite!
in the know

Elizabethtown, KY

#113 Apr 5, 2013
Listen up. There will be no furloughs. There never was going to be any. It was just a political game to get Congress and Senate to do something. It didn't work.
The Point

Elizabethtown, KY

#114 May 15, 2013
in the know wrote:
Listen up. There will be no furloughs. There never was going to be any. It was just a political game to get Congress and Senate to do something. It didn't work.
So, "in the know" how is that never going to happen working out for you? I can tell you it's not working out too well for the Fort Knox workers or the Hardin County economy. Thanks Mitch and Rand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Knox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
alicia malone 54 min yes 4
Altec girl (Apr '13) 1 hr Altec dude 22
Which "big box" store is coming with Meijer? 1 hr Sharkeisha 13
Starting pay for new employees at Akebono 3 hr Dave 6
Good Single Guys At Akebono 4 hr newatthis1234 1
abusive men in hardin co (Jul '10) 6 hr Soon to be an Edgell 95
tyler dane (Oct '13) 6 hr karma_lynn23 12
Fort Knox Dating
Find my Match

Fort Knox People Search