U.S. Wants Base in Czech Republic

U.S. Wants Base in Czech Republic

There are 101 comments on the The Associated Press story from Jan 20, 2007, titled U.S. Wants Base in Czech Republic . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

The United States has asked the Czech Republic to host a radar base that would be part of a global missile defense system, the prime minister announced Saturday, drawing a warning from Russia of retaliatory ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Leven, UK

#101 Jun 4, 2007
Strangelove wrote:
<quoted text> Youy need to read your history. America bailed out Great Britain through the Lend Lease act. If America hadn't intervened when it did Russia would have been crushed. Germany had been confronted with a war on two fronts, and still they had very little problem overtaking a huge country as the Soviet Union. Stalin had killed off almost all of his generals during the great purges. He hadn't very many competent people left to fight a war. All of Western Europe had been controlled by Germany, except Great Britain. Its only saving grace was American generosity and the English Channel. What Germany didn't control, Japan did, namely China. Even though I don't agree with America involving itself in Iraq, I am very proud to be an American. We have a great history. We have helped nations when they couldn't help themselves like in WW1 and WWII. Over a hunded thousand American soldiers died, so people like you can be free. By the way, no one nation has paid the debt monetarily or otherwise. I could go on and on pointing out what America has done for you ungreatful sons of !@#$%^, but I think I've made my point.
I think you need to read your history before asserting that nobody repaid the US for the Lend Lease Act. Britain repaid totally its debts to America. Check it!!

I said that the US intervention in WWII was not benevolent, and I am right. The US only came in the war when it was attacked itself in 1941, and when it saw that if Britain collapsed it would loose all its investment.

The Americans only confronted the Germans from 1943 till 45. The delayed opening the second front against Germany and let the Soviet Union do most of the fighting against the NAZIs.

Of course they took all the glory and stayed in Europe, after having partitioned it. They constantly interfered in Europe politics - they still do.

The US helped themselves with German research work, took plans, drawings, scientists, project, etc... to America. The US poached the jet engine plans from the Germans. The US space programme was created by German scientists prisoners in America. Most of Germany's medical and pharmaceutical research work ended up in America, as well as chemical and fuel process, etc...

So, don't tell us about US generosity, please!!! Be a bit more modest (difficult for a Yank , I know) and acknowledge that you done quite well out of WWII. You ended up as the only country that hadn't suffer devastation, your industry was intact while everything in Europe was destroyed, and your main business competitors (Germany, Britain, France) were ruined. You became the world's banker and you know what that means!!

The US human cost was very low compared to other countries: Soviet Union lost 20 millions!! How many GIs died? The Soviets had Hitler on the run in 1944, when you finally set foot in Europe, just in time to claim the spoils!! Check it, they were already at Germany's door.

So, this ungrateful S.O.B. won't say thank you!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Greely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Delta Junction Music Thread (Oct '12) Oct 13 Musikologist 12
News Soldotna man's body recovered from Interior riv... Sep 23 Marie Baker Harmon 1
Open Your Free Gold Savings Account Today Sep '16 YMK THE ENTREPREN... 1
Jessica Parr (nee Fagan) Sep '16 Mrs Guido 2
Anyone stationed at Ft. Greely? (Oct '06) Sep '15 Gordon Goodermote 7
dating sites free online (Sep '13) Sep '13 Chas Karstens 1
News U.S. ramping up missile defense to meet North K... (Mar '13) Apr '13 truth always beat... 12

Fort Greely Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Greely Mortgages