U.S. Wants Base in Czech Republic

The United States has asked the Czech Republic to host a radar base that would be part of a global missile defense system, the prime minister announced Saturday, drawing a warning from Russia of retaliatory ... Read more
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Yada

Clovis, NM

#1 Jan 20, 2007
The Czechs are not as clever as India. They should be careful not to get caught in a cold war again.

As far they're telling, only Israel has the military capability to lauch missiles from the mid-east and she has no reason to lauch at Europe. Iran also has too many ties to France, Germany and Russia to be launching at Europe had they the military capability.

This seems to me to be prep for a world wide conflict expected to be staged in North Africa and the mid-east.
Guenter

Honokaa, HI

#2 Jan 21, 2007
Bush wants a new arms race. Too bad, but Russia doesn't respond.
Russia has already the advanced weapons America thinks it has.
Stealth bombers can be easily detected by Russian radar. Cruise missiles can be taken out with 95% accuracy.
Any questions.
Yada

Clovis, NM

#3 Jan 21, 2007
Guenter wrote:
Bush wants a new arms race. Too bad, but Russia doesn't respond.
Russia has already the advanced weapons America thinks it has.
Stealth bombers can be easily detected by Russian radar. Cruise missiles can be taken out with 95% accuracy.
Any questions.
A very male response.

I reckon you figure it's not in our interest to go about provoking hostilities around the world. Maybe, you figure we could work on business closer to home?
pesky

Slovakia

#4 Jan 21, 2007
provoking hostilities...? your government of war cronnies already had created civil war in iraq ! this world needs less weapons, but more food for the starving instead...why bushky wants to place radar in czechia, guard against whom ? the usamas that he created not too long ago ?
richard

United States

#5 Jan 21, 2007
Bush should put a radar up his ass,so when he goes to prison,he can detect the in coming.
pesky

Slovakia

#6 Jan 21, 2007
yes. heīs got one between his ears, but had not detected anything worth while..have you noticed he walks like heīs got a broomstick up his ass, perhaps it needs some iraqīs oil as a lubricant..? no wonder he went to liberate.. to implement usa democracy...
william

UK

#7 Jan 21, 2007
The Czech Republic and Poland will soon realise that there is also a price to pay to be part of NATO.

If the US have set their mind on having radar installations in Czech Republic and missiles bases in Poland, I'll bet you that after initial reluctance, both countries will accept.
pesky

Slovakia

#8 Jan 21, 2007
..thatīs because the politicians in respected countries will sell it as a financial benefit for...basically, these equipments are useless these days, it employs people who otherwise would be collecting poggy..
Forest Gump

Gilberts, IL

#9 Jan 21, 2007
The "military industrial complex" will be pleased. More money spent for war, less for the many other needs of the American people.
david ricardo

South Burlington, VT

#10 Jan 21, 2007
"U.S. Wants Base in Czech Republic"

Why is that news exactly?

Real news would be:

"U.S. Does NOT Want Base in Republic of Anywhere"

That would be analogous to the old "Man Bites Dog" headline. LOL
david ricardo

South Burlington, VT

#11 Jan 21, 2007
william wrote:
If the US have set their mind on having radar installations in Czech Republic and missiles bases in Poland, I'll bet you that after initial reluctance, both countries will accept.
A sacrificial lamb born every minute.

Who in their right mind would volunteer to be the first target in a war that the U.S. would likely provoke to begin with?

Now, I ask you - is that rational thinking?

Since: Jan 07

Schenectady, NY

#12 Jan 21, 2007
Russia is restructuring its military industrial complex continuing Putinís anti-capitalist state lead economic approach. This "Democratic State" has created a natural gas supply to old Warsaw Pact nations including the Ukraine. Very similar to oil exports of the 1970's and 80's which led to huge economic growth for the USSR. Now this gas is becoming blackmail for any nation under supply who may have western tendencies. It would be a scary thought for Russia if the Ukraine were accepted into NATO. When the US declared that it was going to go full fledged into an anti ballistic missile defense shield Putin told the world that they were building a missile that could beat this system. Lastly Russia continues exports to terrorist supporting nations such as Iran and even worse, China. China continues to be the biggest customer of the Russian arms industry.

China recently shot down an aging satellite sending a signal to the rest of the world that it is going to be an active military power on every front. A confrontational move against the United States who highly relies on satellites for every aspect of electronic life including military operation and navigation. As China grows it is going to need more and more of the greatest commodity on the planet earth, OIL! Chinas need for oil may easily start conflict militarily in the Pacific. Japan continuously trains their defense forces for amphibious assault as they worry for small oil rich islands under territorial dispute. Taiwan continues to be disputed over. This is not to include the shooting down and holding of an American AWAC aircraft.

Both nations refuse to sanction heavily enemies of the US. Enemies such as Iran, Syria and most importantly North Korea.

Things are becoming pretty grim and Iím only barley touching the situation.

Lets get realistic here. We have and continue to protect the western world from these nations bent on dominance. And for any European nation who is in arms against the US for its display of force I'm going to say it again: We fought and died over your WORLD WARS twice. We have intervened where you have failed. We assisted you politically and monetarily when communism lurked at your doors. And most importantly we protected and continue to protect your under funded and ever shrinking military powers from world treats. I guarantee that if the cold war went hot, Americans would have once again died on your soil.

Schenectady, NY

#13 Jan 21, 2007
david ricardo wrote:
<quoted text>
A sacrificial lamb born every minute.
Who in their right mind would volunteer to be the first target in a war that the U.S. would likely provoke to begin with?
Now, I ask you - is that rational thinking?
So what do suggest? We donít build the system? That we as Americans stay under a threat of ICBM's? What side are you on?

Schenectady, NY

#14 Jan 21, 2007
pesky wrote:
yes. heīs got one between his ears, but had not detected anything worth while..have you noticed he walks like heīs got a broomstick up his ass, perhaps it needs some iraqīs oil as a lubricant..? no wonder he went to liberate.. to implement usa democracy...
Your from half of a country that quickly fell under Hitler. Before the Allies even declared war. Russia isnít much better. I figured you learned that in the Cold War. Donít think Russia would hesitate at your doorstep.
reality_check

Hayward, CA

#15 Jan 22, 2007
"Now this gas is becoming blackmail for any nation under supply who may have western tendencies"

What a load of crap.

How about "Russia is finally casting off the burdensom energy subsidies it has been extending to its neighbors, a relic of its Soviet past."

That is far closer to reality than the "Pravda" style propaganda you're parroting.
reality_check

Hayward, CA

#16 Jan 22, 2007
justinpny wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do suggest? We donít build the system? That we as Americans stay under a threat of ICBM's? What side are you on?
I suggest you pack a cot, year's worth of lunches and head for the Watervliet Armory.

;-)
reality_check

Saint Johnsbury, VT

#17 Jan 22, 2007
Oh, my goodness. I almost forgot.

Be sure to put on your stars and stripes hat and go picket RPI before they train too many Chinese engineers to shoot down our satellites.
reality_check

Saint Johnsbury, VT

#18 Jan 22, 2007
PS: who was the first to issue a manifesto over the exclusive weaponization of space as a God-given national right?

These sorts of shenanigans tend to start chain reactions around the world, in case you haven't noticed.
pesky

Slovakia

#19 Jan 22, 2007
justinpny wrote:
<quoted text>
Your from half of a country that quickly fell under Hitler. Before the Allies even declared war. Russia isnít much better. I figured you learned that in the Cold War. Donít think Russia would hesitate at your doorstep.
if, you canīt beat them ..join them ! have you ever heard of that one ? russians didnīt hesitate already at our doorstep..twice already..what did we get ? who needs more, whether russians or yankees ?

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jan 22, 2007
pesky wrote:
provoking hostilities...? your government of war cronnies already had created civil war in iraq ! this world needs less weapons, but more food for the starving instead...why bushky wants to place radar in czechia, guard against whom ? the usamas that he created not too long ago ?
You think the world need less weapons, but what did bush do to make 9/11 happen?...no comment. He took action against the osama(is how it's spelled by the way...usama are u 10). Now iraqs different, we really didn't have a reason, but answer this. If you were in iraq would u rather live under the tyranny of a ruthless leader (Hussein) or strangers with lethal weapons (US army). That may not seem like a good comparison to you but that is what it is in iraq i won't make it look any better than it is. But i will tell you this. I would take strangers with weapons over that psychotic ruler any day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Greely Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will Alaska's weird winter be followed by equal... 11 hr Sneaky Pete 43
News TV bounty hunter Duane 'Dog' Chapman weds (May '06) Mar 23 Lisa 214
News Man with Hells Angels ties gets 15 years - KTVA (Feb '09) Mar 10 gerald girl 14
News Geologic guidebook commemorates 50th anniversar... Mar 4 4 years ago 1
News Interview with an Alaska pilot: Keith Manternac... Feb '15 Mush 1
Anyone stationed at Ft. Greely? (Oct '06) Dec '13 Grdon Goodermote 6
dating sites free online (Sep '13) Sep '13 Chas Karstens 1
Fort Greely Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Fort Greely People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]