Fort Gay Fire Department

Posted in the Fort Gay Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Demon

Spanishburg, WV

#1 Oct 28, 2009
What Does everyone think about it? I think they're all idiots to say the least.
Do Something

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Oct 29, 2009
If they're all such idiots why don't you go volunteer and show everyone how it's done. They volunteer their time to do the best they can to help people with limited equipment, on top of their daily jobs and running their households. So, go on out there, they have thier meetings on Tuesday evenings, go join!
tater salad

Zoe, KY

#3 Oct 29, 2009
TOO MANY PEOPLE SIT BACK AND CRITICIZE THE GOOD WORKS OF OTHERS. VOLUNTEER FIRE DEPARTMENTS ARE EXACTLY WHAT THEIR TITLE SAYS "VOLUNTEERS".MY ADVISE TO YOU "DEMON" IS IF YOU ARE SO CONCERNED ABOUT THE COMMUNITY AS MUCH AS YOU ARE ABOUT WHO VOLUNTEERS TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY THEN JOIN UP.APPARENTLY YOU HAVE THE FREE TIME OR YOU WOULDNT BE ON THE COMPUTER COMPLAINING.JUST THINK, IT COULD BE YOUR HOUSE OR PERSONAL EMERGENCY THEY RESPOND TO NEXT.JUST BE THANKFUL WE HAVE THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE UP THEIR FREE TIME TO VOLUNTEER.JUST A THOUGHT.
NEWS FLASH

Hilliard, OH

#4 Oct 29, 2009
Demon wrote:
What Does everyone think about it? I think they're all idiots to say the least.
I just bet if they saved your house and or family members then they would be HERO'S to you !!!!!!
news flash

Logan, WV

#5 Oct 30, 2009
they aren't Volunteers any more. Most all stations have paid employees now. besides fort gay is wayne now.
Do Something

Saint Albans, WV

#6 Oct 30, 2009
news flash wrote:
they aren't Volunteers any more. Most all stations have paid employees now. besides fort gay is wayne now.
You're wrong. Most stations are strictly volunteer in the fire service, just with paid EMS.
3kidsmom

Huntington, WV

#7 Oct 31, 2009
i have family that volunteer there and u are right fire service is volunteer. They see stuff that some of us couldn't handle. They do there best and they are good people.

Since: Nov 08

Fort Gay

#8 Nov 1, 2009
Fort Gay Volunteer Fire Dept is volunteer. The ambulance is paid and does it matter what name is on the side of the ambulance it is Fort Gay Fire Dept members that run that ambulance and the ambulance itself still belongs to Fort Gay Fire Dept. Wayne leases the ambulance.
he drives a truck

Milton, WV

#9 Nov 2, 2009
well not sure how they do their job but i do know fortgay has a guy on the fire dept. that is sexy as hell! stopped one night and helped me out on 37 brown headed guy.
Roanoke Mountaineer

Roanoke, VA

#10 Nov 2, 2009
Believe a little education is in order for "Mr. Demon". You don't just walk in the door and put on a uniform and sudden become a volunteer fireman or EMS. You will be facing several hundred hours of training, both book and hands on before you operate any equipment. This is supervised and control by State. The training doesn't end, you will be required additional continue Ed hours each month. Wonder how the equipment stays so clean, guess who ! 2:30 AM, snowing and cold, the good old drunk over the hill, guess who gets to go dig him out, transport him to the hospital, gets cussed out for the effort and still has to maintain
a professional effort knowing that regardless of how well he performs he still may be sued for his efforts. You know what, even after your comments,
they will still get out of a warm bed in the middle of the night and do everything in their power to aid you in you emergency. No, it's not turning the other cheek - it's giving to the community and trying to make life a little better for all. I suggest the next time you go by one of the departments you say a little thank you for those who are willing to give so much and to receive so little in return. Thank God for them !
WATCHING

Saint Albans, WV

#11 Nov 2, 2009
I could"nt have said it any better Roanoke, Demon, I would gues, by his comment,would probably be around 6 or 7 years old.
The truth

Logan, WV

#12 Nov 2, 2009
One thing I will say about some local Volunteer Fire Departments.

I can't speak for the Fort Gay Fire Department but I know of some in the area that abuse their power.

They use their flashing lights and go around traffic when their isn't even an emergency.

While I do appreciate what they do, they should realize that things such as this gives the public a bad image of them.

Don't take advantage of the authorities that have been bestowed upon you!
NEWS FLASH

Hilliard, OH

#13 Nov 2, 2009
WATCHING wrote:
I could"nt have said it any better Roanoke, Demon, I would gues, by his comment,would probably be around 6 or 7 years old.
He is not even there! Kids 6 or 7 years old are proud of our fire deptartment's, and also our emt's.
honestly

United States

#14 Nov 2, 2009
volunteer fire depts are in fact volunteers but on the other side of that you half to have good proper training to be able to do the job professionally and perfeciently, i cant remember any time soon any of the fire fighters have had any type of training and i can remember when a fire broke out in pauleys trailer court and the only one who showed up for a while was stuart wellman in a 1950s model fire truck and could not even get the pumps working on the truck to start pumping water out and if it were not for louisa they would never even put out a fire, yeah volunteers are what they are but if they dont know what they are doing or have up to date equipment to work with stay at home with thier families and i will take a chance with my water hose and fire extinguishers because i would have just as much of a chance as they would
rebel

United States

#15 Nov 2, 2009
to honestly ,you do not know what you are talking about the department along with louisa was on a previous call on lost creek and had to respond back to fortgay, remember what you say you may need the deprtment one of these days. they could set back and just watch your property burn then you would have something to talk about.if you would put your money were mouthis and come out volenteer and help and queit complaining .
Volunteer

Saint Albans, WV

#16 Nov 3, 2009
If more people would get off their butt and volunteer there would be enough to respond when there is more than one call at the same time. Or, perhaps even go to your local station and donate a few bucks to help them with equipment.
The Truth

Logan, WV

#17 Nov 3, 2009
Volunteer wrote:
If more people would get off their butt and volunteer there would be enough to respond when there is more than one call at the same time. Or, perhaps even go to your local station and donate a few bucks to help them with equipment.
If they would stop abusing their authority as I gave an example of before, maybe people would.
Roanoke Mountaineer

Roanoke, VA

#18 Nov 3, 2009
My comments are to "The Truth" and "honestly". I suggest you walk a mile in their boots - hold a six year old and watch the life leave him because of a hot rod driver, or the 17 year old just starting life but has given it to drugs. The wife who married for love yet is black and blue from the beating her husband gave her. Tell the husband that you're sorry but his wife didn't make it. Try saving the 23 year year old from killing himself.
Yes, the story could go on and on, you see, I've spent 31 years in the department as both a fire fighter and advance life support. Sure, you guys have hit a raw nerve, this I admit. I am sure there are times the authority is being abused, it's rather hard to have a bushel of apples and not have a bad one in it. For some reason it is only human nature to remember the bad apple and forget the good ones. "Honestly" is all set to do
his own thing with the water hose, just forget his neighbors, would love to see him doing CPR on himself. He needs the department and in all fairess, the department needs him. You see, we have always had a problem of getting good people to donate their time and money by joining. Sounds as if both of you are wanting to improve the service. I can not speak for the Fort Gay Department but am willing to bet money they have the need. This will give the both of you a chance to walk that mile - until then I suggest--------.
The Truth

Logan, WV

#19 Nov 3, 2009
They need to correct a lot of things first.

They need to crack down on people who abuse authority bestowed upon them by using their emergency lights when there is no emergency. If they don't get punished for it are they going to stop doing it?

Correct some of the problems and many more people would be willing to donate their money and/or time.

Make it seem professional, not just some good old boys that can do whatever they want.
Volunteer

Saint Albans, WV

#20 Nov 3, 2009
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
If they would stop abusing their authority as I gave an example of before, maybe people would.
Yeah, there are some that do abuse their authority but there are more of us that do not, you don't look at those people though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Gay Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I luv u Mike 45 min Mike 5
Tennille Gilkerson 57 min tennille 1
autumn osborne @ Wendy's 4 hr Zachswife 3
Patricia Cline 4 hr asdfg 2
Beth Sartin (May '10) Fri Steve 9
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) Thu knot 1,765
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Jul 21 Crowley 1,375

Fort Gay Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Gay Mortgages