Drum soldier from Maine died crossing I81 in Watertown

Nov 3, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Watertown Daily Times

Justin J. Kennie, 21, a Fort Drum soldier from Cornish, Maine died last night after being struck by a car driven by another soldier, Travis D. Johnson, 24, of Gardnerville, Nev.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 7, 2008
R Drake

Pawling, NY

#1 Nov 4, 2008
Justin Kennie was a great friend and a better student that attended Penobscot Job Corps Academy from Sept 2007 until he graduated in April 2008 completing his CNA course he had taken while at PJCA. Justin was known by many at the Acadmey and his loss has affected those who remember him and his time while with our PJCA family.
He will be remembered in our hearts and our thoughts.
God Bless you and your family
PVT Vose

Herndon, VA

#2 Nov 4, 2008
Justin was a great friend and fun to be around. I am from Maine and joined the army the same day kennie did. We went to meps together then basic training at Fort Benning, GA (Fox 2/58 hoah) and by luck got to be stationed at Fort Drum together. Unfortunately we didn't attend Penobscot Job Corps at the same time so we could have had more time to hang out as civilians. He always had a smile on his face and a love for life and duty. He was a great soldier and an even better friend. He will never be forgotten.
Repects to his family through this trail and best wishes to make it through.
Amanda Churchill- Ricci

Mechanic Falls, ME

#3 Nov 7, 2008
Justin was my cousin. I was shocked to hear the news. He was such a good kid/young man. Repects to his family. I know how hard it is to loose a loved one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
end of season 8 hr boss 2
MS tattoos 12 hr Dan s 4
the pet zone watertown mall (Nov '12) 15 hr Izzy 8
zach g 19 hr Friend 4
Thomass kiernan (Nov '13) Fri Tom Kiernan Decor 8
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Fri Lol 16,781
Buffalo, Rochester ranked among 10 largest East... (Aug '12) Aug 27 Jazz minded 3
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Drum News, Events & Info