Over policed in St. Lawrence County

Over policed in St. Lawrence County

There are 183 comments on the North Country Now story from May 2, 2013, titled Over policed in St. Lawrence County. In it, North Country Now reports that:

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

Riparian the one and only

New York, NY

#132 May 20, 2013
Riparians fart box wrote:
<quoted text>We have too much law round here. I cant bees doing illegals things if I might get caught. Me and my cool frends all have too much fun being dbags and running activities to support my welfares check. Vote for me, Riparians Fart box for topix presydent!!!!
ROTFLMAO
Get Real

Gouverneur, NY

#133 May 20, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
If you want to find out. How dangerous. Law enforcement jobs are. You can look it up. Look up fatalities per 100,000 employed. You will find the truth. I won't tell you the truth. That way we won't have to argue about it. Post your findings if you want.
Did you have a point?
Riparian the one and only

New York, NY

#134 May 20, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
If you want to find out. How dangerous. Law enforcement jobs are. You can look it up. Look up fatalities per 100,000 employed. You will find the truth. I won't tell you the truth. That way we won't have to argue about it. Post your findings if you want.
Ok I found that in 2010 for instance 160 police officers of any kind were killed nationally.

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/1228/...

While nationally in the private construction sector in 2010
774 people were killed.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

Being a cop is safer than swinging a hammer. Just sayin.
Problem with statistics

New York, NY

#135 May 20, 2013
Riparian the one and only wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I found that in 2010 for instance 160 police officers of any kind were killed nationally.

http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/1228/...

While nationally in the private construction sector in 2010
774 people were killed.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf

Being a cop is safer than swinging a hammer. Just sayin.
And 21 people died in 2010 sky diving. So jumping out of a plane is the safest thing going.

And 32,885 people died in car crashes. Driving vehicles is more dangerous than sky diving, swinging a hammer, and being a cop. That means I am the most bad ass person you'll come across since I drive everyday. I'm HARDCORE!

Note the sarcasm. You're and idiot and stop posting because people including myself are becoming dumber by reading your uneducated bullshit you keep posting.
Riparian the one and only

New York, NY

#137 May 21, 2013
Problem with statistics wrote:
<quoted text>And 21 people died in 2010 sky diving. So jumping out of a plane is the safest thing going.

And 32,885 people died in car crashes. Driving vehicles is more dangerous than sky diving, swinging a hammer, and being a cop. That means I am the most bad ass person you'll come across since I drive everyday. I'm HARDCORE!

Note the sarcasm. You're and idiot and stop posting because people including myself are becoming dumber by reading your uneducated bullshit you keep posting.
Ill post all I want. Put your phone down and order your drink its last call. Fkn drunk looser post shit from your barstool in the middle of the night. Im at work making sure your welfare comes next month or I'ld spend more time educating you.
Riparian the one and only

New York, NY

#138 May 21, 2013
Problem with statistics wrote:
<quoted text>And 21 people died in 2010 sky diving. So jumping out of a plane is the safest thing going.

And 32,885 people died in car crashes. Driving vehicles is more dangerous than sky diving, swinging a hammer, and being a cop. That means I am the most bad ass person you'll come across since I drive everyday. I'm HARDCORE!

Note the sarcasm. You're and idiot and stop posting because people including myself are becoming dumber by reading your uneducated bullshit you keep posting.
Spencer said to look up the statistics and post them I did.
Funny

Durhamville, NY

#139 May 21, 2013
said wrote:
<quoted text>
I drive 500 miles a week all over between Gouverneur and Malone for years and have never been stopped by any cop, let alone get searched by Border Patrol. Maybe you are doing something wrong.
My husband drives to work from Gouverneur to Watertown and stopped using Rt. 11 because he got stopped by border patrol between 2-3 times a week by the County Line. It's ridiculous. So no, I don't think it's about doing something wrong. I think they're looking for something but why that often is beyond me.
Same Here

Gouverneur, NY

#140 May 21, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband drives to work from Gouverneur to Watertown and stopped using Rt. 11 because he got stopped by border patrol between 2-3 times a week by the County Line. It's ridiculous. So no, I don't think it's about doing something wrong. I think they're looking for something but why that often is beyond me.
What they are looking for is a way to justify their existence.
it

New York, NY

#141 May 21, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>My husband drives to work from Gouverneur to Watertown and stopped using Rt. 11 because he got stopped by border patrol between 2-3 times a week by the County Line. It's ridiculous. So no, I don't think it's about doing something wrong. I think they're looking for something but why that often is beyond me.
Did they find "it"with your husband???
Riparians Fart Box

Orlando, FL

#142 May 21, 2013
Funny wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband drives to work from Gouverneur to Watertown and stopped using Rt. 11 because he got stopped by border patrol between 2-3 times a week by the County Line. It's ridiculous. So no, I don't think it's about doing something wrong. I think they're looking for something but why that often is beyond me.
They are looking for something I lost a long time ago. Do you know what it is?

Riparians Fart Box for Topix President
Funny

Durhamville, NY

#143 May 21, 2013
Riparians Fart Box wrote:
<quoted text>
They are looking for something I lost a long time ago. Do you know what it is?
Riparians Fart Box for Topix President
Your intelligence or the ability to come up with a witty comeback?

Funny needs money for Topix President campaign
roger spencer

Danielson, CT

#144 May 22, 2013
Get Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you have a point?
if anyone says anything negative about the police. Someone else says that they have a dangerous job. they say that we shouldn't question them about anything. their job does have dangers. My point is many jobs do have dangers. some much more than others. a police job in NNY and Detroit or LA or NYC have very different levels of danger.
roger spencer

Danielson, CT

#145 May 22, 2013
Problem with statistics wrote:
<quoted text>
And 21 people died in 2010 sky diving. So jumping out of a plane is the safest thing going.
And 32,885 people died in car crashes. Driving vehicles is more dangerous than sky diving, swinging a hammer, and being a cop. That means I am the most bad ass person you'll come across since I drive everyday. I'm HARDCORE!
Note the sarcasm. You're and idiot and stop posting because people including myself are becoming dumber by reading your uneducated bullshit you keep posting.
i looked up job related deaths. deaths per 100,000 workers. sky diving is a hobby. most car accidents happen during personal transportation. all jobs have dangers. some more than others. i would rather face the dangers of some jobs over others. some are very well paid compared to others. i have been to a war so i know what danger is. i also know what is not all that dangerous. no disrespect meant to anyone. the truth is just the truth.
Funnys fart box

Hammond, NY

#146 May 22, 2013
roger spencer wrote:
<quoted text>if anyone says anything negative about the police. Someone else says that they have a dangerous job. they say that we shouldn't question them about anything. their job does have dangers. My point is many jobs do have dangers. some much more than others. a police job in NNY and Detroit or LA or NYC have very different levels of danger.
What is so funny about funny? I see nothing humorous or funny with any of funny's posts. Riparian, Riparian the one and only, and even Riparians fart box are more humorous.
Riparians Fart Box for topix president!!
Wake Up

Gouverneur, NY

#147 May 22, 2013
The most dangerous things gouv cops have to worry about is getting caught by a STATE COP for DUI, get snagged by a drug task force that isn't made up of these area assholes or having there wives finally wake up!
The girl cop is the only one who ever seems to be able to get out of the car and do something unless your Steve and get out of the car at the fire department when you aren't suppose to be there.
dui

Gouverneur, NY

#148 May 22, 2013
Wake Up wrote:
The most dangerous things gouv cops have to worry about is getting caught by a STATE COP for DUI, get snagged by a drug task force that isn't made up of these area assholes or having there wives finally wake up!
The girl cop is the only one who ever seems to be able to get out of the car and do something unless your Steve and get out of the car at the fire department when you aren't suppose to be there.
What is DUI?
Funny

Durhamville, NY

#149 May 22, 2013
dui wrote:
<quoted text>
What is DUI?
Really? lol Driving under the influence, also known as a DWI, driving while intoxicated. Alcohol. Drugs. Really?
Reallly

Albuquerque, NM

#150 May 24, 2013
Riparian the one and only wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok I found that in 2010 for instance 160 police officers of any kind were killed nationally.
http://m.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2010/1228/...
While nationally in the private construction sector in 2010
774 people were killed.
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/cfoi.pdf
Being a cop is safer than swinging a hammer. Just sayin.
Not in JUAREZ ,MEXICO, especially if you are a US citizen ,US soldiers are banned for crossing the Border from ElPaso,Texas to Juarez Mexico,the young ones used to go to the clubs to drink because you have to be 21 in Tx to drink not in Juarez 18 ,Im sure US Border patrol wont go in to Juarez ,dont blame them ! People who live in EP wont even visit there own families that live there ,all the killings of civilians that are being murdered ,a while back you could go over have your teeth capped etc. even had american people that worked in dentists feild,paid for half of what you would US side ,those days are gone.
Riparian

Bronx, NY

#151 May 24, 2013
Funnys fart box wrote:
<quoted text>What is so funny about funny? I see nothing humorous or funny with any of funny's posts. Riparian, Riparian the one and only, and even Riparians fart box are more humorous.
Riparians Fart Box for topix president!!
I and the one and only are the same the other tools add the sexual, bodily and feminine hygene names to confuse, irritate and make me laugh.
So back to the topic, down with the punk ass traffic cops.
Those who investigate real crime,I understand the need. Smiling sunglasses standing in the road with attitude piss me off. Waste of time and money.
Riparian

Bronx, NY

#152 May 24, 2013
Reallly wrote:
<quoted text>Not in JUAREZ ,MEXICO, especially if you are a US citizen ,US soldiers are banned for crossing the Border from ElPaso,Texas to Juarez Mexico,the young ones used to go to the clubs to drink because you have to be 21 in Tx to drink not in Juarez 18 ,Im sure US Border patrol wont go in to Juarez ,dont blame them ! People who live in EP wont even visit there own families that live there ,all the killings of civilians that are being murdered ,a while back you could go over have your teeth capped etc. even had american people that worked in dentists feild,paid for half of what you would US side ,those days are gone.
The mexicans produce drugs.
The US gives money and manpower to the mexican government to combat
the production of drugs.The US has also stepped up border security.
This is makes the drugdealers job so hard its easier just to kill everyone than to keep sneaking around. Some of the killings are even retribution, as opposed to killing to get away with whatever they are doing at the time.
I hope you arent suggesting we need a police state like the Texas towns that border mexico.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Frank D. LaVancha II popped again for possessio... 8 hr tessa 26
News 7 things didn't know about the Miss New York Pa... 12 hr dog groomer 1
News Lowville attorney plans challenge of two-term L... Mon joanne lowville ny 7
News Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) May 30 KsJohn 10
being evicted after being told he can stay man ... May 30 crushed 2
Town of Wilna May 28 IDK 1
jeff marcum (Mar '11) May 24 Crystal WC 5
More from around the web

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]