Over policed in St. Lawrence County

Over policed in St. Lawrence County

There are 183 comments on the North Country Now story from May 2, 2013, titled Over policed in St. Lawrence County. In it, North Country Now reports that:

Do you believe that your friends, neighbors and surrounding community members are all criminals that should be constantly scrutinized by the police? If not, why is it acceptable for there to be a SLC Sheriff between Potsdam and Canton, a US Border Patrol agent in the village of Canton, and three NYS Troopers between the villages of Canton and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Country Now.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Boris

New York, NY

#196 Oct 10, 2013
juleifpc wrote:
are the roadblocks still in place as bad as they were this past summer?
No, they don't seem to be as prevalent as they once were. Not on the main roads like 11 and 37, at least. I did see them on 310 between Canton and Massena more than once this summer, though, and in other parts of northern St. Lawrence County. Massena seems to have been a major focus for LE this summer. Not really a big surprise, I guess, given the number of drug trafficking arrests in that area.

FTW Yall

“"Trust no one"”

Since: Jul 13

Drive it, like you stole it

#197 Nov 5, 2013
Diparian wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent people have no worries, i have been through several road blocks and have not had one issue. Scum bags deserve some headaches
Innocent people have no worries.
That is what totalitarianism and it,s supporters want you to believe. You clearly are the type sheep they call a model citizen.
no name

Tully, NY

#198 Nov 5, 2013
there are WAAAAY too many cops in this county, there is no doubt in my mind. they are corrupt, they lie non stop, and worst of all they are the ones that drink and drive ALL THE TIME! But its ok for them to do it because they are above the law. if police were to protect and serve like they are supposed to then it wouldn't be a problem but they don't protect and they sure as hell don't serve. they harass and do more illegal stuff than almost anyone I have ever known.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Becca Jaycox Tue Warning 1
News Photographer and firefighter joins passions to ... Jun 24 Nudes 4
News Traveling nurse cleared of stealing meds from W... (Dec '13) Jun 11 Smitty 4
News Watertown man sentenced to up to 3 years in pri... Jun 11 harold pearson 1
Judy McAllister Jun 10 Tonya 1
Fort Drum Hookups May '16 Horny 2
News Shawn Raymo Watched Wife, Jessica Raymo, Have O... (Oct '12) Mar '16 fuzzer 19

Fort Drum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages