Copenhagen Firemens Field Day

Posted in the Fort Drum Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of75
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Unbelievable

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Jul 30, 2013
 
just so you know.....I've heard from many people including board members that the village does pay the comp insurance for the department. and its far from cheap. And I asked about the village charging water and they dont. But they put an end to all the personal usage like washing cars. They dont even charge for the events you hold there.. And you say the village does not pay for equipment? What about the money they give you along with the other municipalities. It sounds like it is about time the village board got involved. So stop bashing the village and get your act together in the department.
makeamove

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Members of the fire department are ready to act on the issue at hand. From what i have been able to grasp of the situation the hold up seems to be on calling a board meeting for them. The president is reluctant to call a meeting, because everyone wants to complain about it but no one wants to put thison paper so they have something to act on. So here everyone sits complaining about them not acting and yet no one is willing to put it on paper. So i say MAN UP and start blowing up the mailbox for the fire department. Maybe that will motivate the president to make a move before it has to be put off for another month.

Remember the fire department board can only make recommendations, its the body that votes to approve or not. So the next firemens meeting is this thursday. If the board has not met by then, well you get the point it will be another month before they can act on recommendations.

Quit complaining on here and put it on paper to the president of the department. END RANT!!!
Past Member

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Jul 30, 2013
 
Disgusted wrote:
I believe topix is a place for people to come that have more than enough time on their hands to basically just bad mouth other humane beings. If food at the field day was raw and being served why were the tables filled in the hall with people eating the bbq when I walked through to use the restroom? Did you call the Department of Health immediately about the issues that you had with both the bbq and the potatoes? Pretty sure nothing is going to be done about it hiding behind a computer, on topix.com .
Sure, maybe Bill Henry and his family arent perfect. Are yours? Id gamble they are not. Everyone does make mistakes, I am sure that he resents doing what he did but tempers flair and "in the heat of the moment" it looks like he didnt make a good choice. So for this, you bash him? His family? His step daughter who is brave enough to stick up for him? C'mon.
Perhaps the time that you are putting into your topix posts you could be out volunteering with the community that you claim so much to love? Sit on the board to make some decisions? Step up and attempt to help cook and serve food at these events? Join the fire department?
I want to make it clear that Im not taking a side as I dont believe there is a side to take, however, I believe its downright mean and just rude to sign into a website online and just talk about other people. May you never wipe your ass the wrong way, because if so, it may end up on Topix.
Why the hell would I want to join this department and become a member of the laughing stock of the community and neighboring fire departments. Lets alone become the punching bag for Terry Henry & Brittney Crouse. The latest victims.of the Henry's.
just a thought

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

most of you are going after the Chief, it was not right what he did also what was not right was the 20 year old that was drunk and was asked to leave 3 times so ya the boy that everyone is thinking he is so wonderful isnt. Just a thought
Noclue

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Jul 30, 2013
 
Unbelievable wrote:
just so you know.....I've heard from many people including board members that the village does pay the comp insurance for the department. and its far from cheap. And I asked about the village charging water and they dont. But they put an end to all the personal usage like washing cars. They dont even charge for the events you hold there.. And you say the village does not pay for equipment? What about the money they give you along with the other municipalities. It sounds like it is about time the village board got involved. So stop bashing the village and get your act together in the department.
I'd love for the village to take over, they could make the truck payments so I could spend nights and weekends with my family like you do. I'd love to just fight fires instead of subsidizing our budget thousands of dollars a year. We wouldn't have to rent the hall, we wouldn't have to mop every Sunday. We wouldn't have to beg the community for support, the taxpayers would have to pay more so be careful what you wish for.

Also the departments personnel would actually be held to a higher standard.
makeamove

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Unbelievable wrote:
just so you know.....I've heard from many people including board members that the village does pay the comp insurance for the department. and its far from cheap. And I asked about the village charging water and they dont. But they put an end to all the personal usage like washing cars. They dont even charge for the events you hold there.. And you say the village does not pay for equipment? What about the money they give you along with the other municipalities. It sounds like it is about time the village board got involved. So stop bashing the village and get your act together in the department.
Get your facts straight please, yes the village does pay the compensation insurance which the covers the fire department members in case they get hurt. The fire department pays insurance to cover the vehicles and injuries of people that get injured on the property. As for the water the village was going to charge for water because members were washing their POV there. However, stop and think about what these VOLUNTEERS get for the headaches they have to deal with. NOTHING THAT IS WHAT. Like washing their cars at the Firehall is hurting anything. It would be the one thing that they get out of this community for putting their lives at endless risk for you unappreciative population. Yet it is ok for there to be endless car washes for sports teams from the school to be held at the firehall. Come on people you expect these guys to do it all for you, but you dont think they deserve a little in return. How about some support? How many of the Village residents have shown up for a chicken bbq, pancake breakfast in the last year. NOT MANY i can tell you, how is that for support. You want Taxes in the village and other municipalities to stay low, then you need to support the department at the fundraisers. Because guess what the department makes up for the short fall from the fire protection contracts with its fundraisers. If the fundraisers start to go away then your taxes will go up to make up the difference.

Yes they do receive money from the village and other municipalities for FIRE PROTECTION. This money also goes to paying bills such as heat, electric, fuel and truck payments etc...

Use your heads and get your facts straight before you open your mouths about financials in the department.
Noclue

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Jul 30, 2013
 
just a thought wrote:
most of you are going after the Chief, it was not right what he did also what was not right was the 20 year old that was drunk and was asked to leave 3 times so ya the boy that everyone is thinking he is so wonderful isnt. Just a thought
Doesn't matter, chief has no right to physically touch anyone, it's assault by every definition of the law. Call the cops have him trespassed, he comes back he's arrested. End of story!
Thanks make above

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Jul 30, 2013
 
makeamove wrote:
<quoted text>
Get your facts straight please, yes the village does pay the compensation insurance which the covers the fire department members in case they get hurt. The fire department pays insurance to cover the vehicles and injuries of people that get injured on the property. As for the water the village was going to charge for water because members were washing their POV there. However, stop and think about what these VOLUNTEERS get for the headaches they have to deal with. NOTHING THAT IS WHAT. Like washing their cars at the Firehall is hurting anything. It would be the one thing that they get out of this community for putting their lives at endless risk for you unappreciative population. Yet it is ok for there to be endless car washes for sports teams from the school to be held at the firehall. Come on people you expect these guys to do it all for you, but you dont think they deserve a little in return. How about some support? How many of the Village residents have shown up for a chicken bbq, pancake breakfast in the last year. NOT MANY i can tell you, how is that for support. You want Taxes in the village and other municipalities to stay low, then you need to support the department at the fundraisers. Because guess what the department makes up for the short fall from the fire protection contracts with its fundraisers. If the fundraisers start to go away then your taxes will go up to make up the difference.
Yes they do receive money from the village and other municipalities for FIRE PROTECTION. This money also goes to paying bills such as heat, electric, fuel and truck payments etc...
Use your heads and get your facts straight before you open your mouths about financials in the department.
Thanks for your support and input, finally someone that knows something. Please don't quit doing what your doing
makeamove

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Jul 30, 2013
 
Noclue wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter, chief has no right to physically touch anyone, it's assault by every definition of the law. Call the cops have him trespassed, he comes back he's arrested. End of story!
Your correct that it was assault, i agree 100% with you on that i witnessed it myself. I also know that the kid was told to call the cops and have hiim arrested by several members of the department. Its not their fault that the kid (loosely put) did not want to call the cops. He instead wanted to turn around and fight with the chief again.

You can lead a horse to water, but you cant make it drink!!!
Unbelievable

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

The facts were straight. The village DOES pay comp insurance. Over $20,000 a year because of drill team. I never said anything about vehicle coverage. They do NOT charge for water. And they DO help pay bills and for equipment. That is what the fire coverage contracts are for. So which of these facts were not true? Also, three of the village board members are firemen and one is the wife of a fireman and the mayor has been seen supporting the fire department many times. I believe he was spotted flipping burgers all day. If you want to be a fire fighter, that's wonderful. Just stop whining and putting the village down. I'm sure they really don't want your problems. And did you ever stop to think that maybe the village has rules that they actually want to act by and cannot legally allow to give water away to every fire fighter in the department to wash their vehicle. I'm sure you get your perks in other ways. First should be the gratification of just being a volunteer. So don't judge my post unless you actually have facts to discredit it. Which you haven't so far.
kanoslylan

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

just a thought wrote:
most of you are going after the Chief, it was not right what he did also what was not right was the 20 year old that was drunk and was asked to leave 3 times so ya the boy that everyone is thinking he is so wonderful isnt. Just a thought
So you call the police to have him removed not piss kind him.
meee

Medford, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

The kid needs his ass kicked..obviously he never got it at home...an old fashion attention getter never hurt anyone..the kid deals drugs..smokes pot..drinks underage anywhere he see fit...its a good thing he didn't mouth off to me like that cause he would have got...if john Wayne or Clint Eastwood did it..it would be OK!
kanoslylan

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Jim, Jim, Jim......... Why not just retire? We all know how much you hate the work you do at the department. All you do is complain about it and sit on your fat ass. Your wife is the biggest black eye in the entire department and she's NOT even a member. She is just simply a pain in the ass to everyone she comes in contact with.
Scott Doyle

Theresa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Jul 30, 2013
 
There are comments on here I agree with, comments I don't agree with. I support everyone's freedom of speech. However, when you start accusing and mentioning names, you better be able to back up your facts. If you can back up those facts, this is probably not the avenue you should be using. If you can't back them up, your committing slander. You probably should stop...
kanosly

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Jul 30, 2013
 
Scott Doyle wrote:
There are comments on here I agree with, comments I don't agree with. I support everyone's freedom of speech. However, when you start accusing and mentioning names, you better be able to back up your facts. If you can back up those facts, this is probably not the avenue you should be using. If you can't back them up, your committing slander. You probably should stop...
No one was accused of anything as you can see I wrote that he found the items. It's not my fault he has a guilty conscious and already cried to the police.
amazedbyallofu

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Jul 30, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I can't believe how incredibly low some of you have gone to say such terrible nasty vicious lies. First, Brittany was sticking up for her step father and you have the gall to say terrible things about her personally and even her beautiful daughter. I was at the wedding...Andy was not trapped...they have a beautiful family and should not have to read such terrible things on here.

Second. The fire dept. needs to regroup and reload. The newest female member has a VERY long history of embedding herself into a group and/or family. She then has to be the center of attention. Once that wears off, she starts telling lies, back stabbing, and any other thing she can do to get the attention back on her. Please founding members look beyond what is happening right now and see what started this dramatic downslide.

As for being old men...there is an 86 year old man in that dept that is still active and I'll bet if your house was burning, you were trapped in a car, or any other emergency you would be damn happy to see that face!

Also, I live in the village, am a tax payer, and never received a letter begging for money. These men and women put in many hours not only raising money, but staying up on training, being active in the community, etc. When your cellar is flooding and it's 20 degrees out, who will be there with the sump pump every few hours? Who opens the hall and feeds the people that get stranded when Rt. 12 is closed? Who were the ones that helped up during the microburst and the two ice storms? I'm thinking the people being the most critical are too young to see the big picture of what a volunteer dept is all about.

Are they perfect? Nope. They are human. And everyone has an opinion. But , I'm damn proud of our little dept and know that if I need help I will get it! I think that's what we need to focus on.
amazedbyallofu

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Jul 30, 2013
 
Scott Doyle wrote:
There are comments on here I agree with, comments I don't agree with. I support everyone's freedom of speech. However, when you start accusing and mentioning names, you better be able to back up your facts. If you can back up those facts, this is probably not the avenue you should be using. If you can't back them up, your committing slander. You probably should stop...
Amen!
just a thought

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Jul 30, 2013
 
amazed, you tell people that they are low and you do the same thing runnin her into the ground real sound advice. NOT
residentodnu

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Jul 30, 2013
 
amazedbyallofu wrote:
I can't believe how incredibly low some of you have gone to say such terrible nasty vicious lies. First, Brittany was sticking up for her step father and you have the gall to say terrible things about her personally and even her beautiful daughter. I was at the wedding...Andy was not trapped...they have a beautiful family and should not have to read such terrible things on here.

Second. The fire dept. needs to regroup and reload. The newest female member has a VERY long history of embedding herself into a group and/or family. She then has to be the center of attention. Once that wears off, she starts telling lies, back stabbing, and any other thing she can do to get the attention back on her. Please founding members look beyond what is happening right now and see what started this dramatic downslide.

As for being old men...there is an 86 year old man in that dept that is still active and I'll bet if your house was burning, you were trapped in a car, or any other emergency you would be damn happy to see that face!

Also, I live in the village, am a tax payer, and never received a letter begging for money. These men and women put in many hours not only raising money, but staying up on training, being active in the community, etc. When your cellar is flooding and it's 20 degrees out, who will be there with the sump pump every few hours? Who opens the hall and feeds the people that get stranded when Rt. 12 is closed? Who were the ones that helped up during the microburst and the two ice storms? I'm thinking the people being the most critical are too young to see the big picture of what a volunteer dept is all about.

Are they perfect? Nope. They are human. And everyone has an opinion. But , I'm damn proud of our little dept and know that if I need help I will get it! I think that's what we need to focus on.
And who is this member. Seems to me the newest female member is dating one of the Henry clan is she not. She is also a married woman with lots of issues. Your dept is the dumb asses that let her in.
Embedding

Berlin, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Jul 30, 2013
 
A few ethical people tried to stop her membership but majority won. Your right embedding is the issue.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of75
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Drum Discussions

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 17 hr marvinstevens 16,761
Pate's Trash Removal (May '10) Sat need garbage pick up 5
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Fri positronium 6,324
Judd Barker aka Judd Bensol (Aug '11) Jul 10 ur hero 6
next ride auto (Apr '13) Jul 9 Got Stiffed 4
Thomass kiernan (Nov '13) Jul 7 Carol 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Fort Drum News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Drum
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••