Copenhagen Firemens Field Day
Sad but true

Pine Plains, NY

#22 Jul 29, 2013
I am a fire fighter also. And you right this is not the place but I do know as a male fire fighter I respect the women in my department and if I heard another guy bashing a dept brother, I would defend them. Doesn't matter gender. This dept is getting a bad rap because they are behaving like a fire fighters gone bad video. Arrests, death threats, a chief actually fighting at a dept functions and many other incidents going unanswered for. Copenhagen needs to pull it together, respect law that governs all of us and learn brotherhood code of ethics. Your dept and community will be better for it.
hoagsttoo

Carthage, NY

#23 Jul 29, 2013
fellowfirefighter wrote:
This page is completly and utterly uncalled for. As sad as it is shit happens and everyone on this page trying to act like they have never done anything wrong in their life. So the chief did something that may or may not have been a smart move unless you were standing right there listning to everything that went on and what not no one has room to judge. I belong to a diff department and you cant go to a department around and find a perfect person that has not made an uh oh. You guys just want to pick on him cuz he was drinking. Big woop he works hard and does things for anyone at the drop of a hat and is a great man so you people wanna lecture him cuz hes drinking the next time any of you get near a drop of alochol i hope with every sip you take you feel like shit cuz your drinking after making a big deal out of him and the other firemen drinking better yet choke on your first few sips do us all a favor. You wanna lecture that us firemen drink well ya know what go through the shit we do and the demanding hundreds of hours of training were required to and see the burnt bodies or horrible car accidents or all the smells that never leave your nose. pulling your dead friends or family out of cars hours after being with them. we go through alot and have a drink or few now and then so sue us. As for the female firefighter comment sorry to say it but every female that joins a dept any where knows that its gonna be a tough road it took me a while of bustin my ass to earn respect as a fellow firefighter this is nothing new this goes back as long as fire departments have existed i have taken tons of shit and several comments but ya brush it off and show em hey i can take your shit just like the guys im not a lil girl cuz lets face it when it comes to the fire service ya gotta have thick skin and be tough its part of life. i will end my rant now so people can start their pissing and moaning about my post i just wrote and picking me apart blah blah blah basically making me laugh is all your gonna achieve but hey who am i to stop ya. Grow up tomorrow is a new day someone else will screw up some where and everyone will jump on the bandwagon of picking that person apart im sure glad so many of us never left high school
Maybe you should have attended high school. Your posts shows your obvious lack of intelligence.

I think the problem everyone here has with the chief is that he used his fists to solve his problems.

Not only did he pick on someone 1/4 of his size, he did it at a public event on fire department property. Very unprofessional.

I agree we all make mistakes, that doesn't mean the chief should not pay for his.

If this young man chose to not involve the police, the chief should be kissing the kids feet. I can guarantee you that I would have had him arrested.

The female you are speaking of happens to be a valued member of Copenhagen fire dept. she is interior qualified and was one of the best in her class. Until you know her you should not run your mouth.

With the way you defend drinking, it sounds to me you make have a problem with alcohol. You should go to an AA meeting.
kanoslylan

Carthage, NY

#24 Jul 29, 2013
Sad but true wrote:
I am a fire fighter also. And you right this is not the place but I do know as a male fire fighter I respect the women in my department and if I heard another guy bashing a dept brother, I would defend them. Doesn't matter gender. This dept is getting a bad rap because they are behaving like a fire fighters gone bad video. Arrests, death threats, a chief actually fighting at a dept functions and many other incidents going unanswered for. Copenhagen needs to pull it together, respect law that governs all of us and learn brotherhood code of ethics. Your dept and community will be better for it.
The worst part is that most of the fuss, chaos, and bullshit would just end if they put an end to the drill team. All the Henry's would run away with their little tails between their legs and all the fighting would end.

Don't get me wrong watching the events are great. The drama and liability that comes with them are just too much.
fellowfirefighte r

Watertown, NY

#25 Jul 29, 2013
i do know her thanks grew up with her spent lots and lots of time with her. I am not running my mouth about her speciffically so you should prob learn to read a lil better before you do i am speaking for all females if you are not a female in the fire service then you dont know and maybe you shouldnt run your mouth. I need to go to an AA meeting ha ha ha your a funny person guess yo should know someone before you accuse them of being an alocholic cuz i am the farthest tg from it and cant tell you the last time i had a drink buty hey if bashing strangers is what helps you sleep at night please by all means continue on youy wont hurt my feelings any.
Back on track

Pine Plains, NY

#26 Jul 29, 2013
I was there, does anyone know how the kid is doing after getting pummeled? Has the chief stepped down? Has anything been done?
Bahahaha

Pine Plains, NY

#27 Jul 29, 2013
Henry/ Crouse train wreck! Good one!
Ronald Reagan

Theresa, NY

#28 Jul 29, 2013
No word on the boy. The chief has not stepped down. Nothing will happen because the drill team has a controlling interst in the department and anytime disaplinary action is voted on it fails.

You don't get elected into office unless you support the racing team and they support you. Jim frequently says he controls who gets what within the department, because he tells drill team members how to vote. Even meetings get put on hold so he can can call members in so they can vote the way HE wants them to
Growup

Carthage, NY

#29 Jul 29, 2013
I think they all need to grow up along with many of the people posting on this thread. I did personally attend the field day this year and yes it was a disgrace compared to years in the past. I believe it is directly caused from fire members who refuse to grow up and work together in a mature manner for the best interest of the department. There are good members but they do not receive the respect they deserve and the rest just don't give a damn about anything except drinking, racing and causing problems for the department and other members. Why not just focus on what the fire department is really there for...to save people's lives and their homes. We all can't be members but we would like to know that our donations and support are being used wisely. If the department cleaned up their act and respected each other, they may get more members. Hopefully everyone works together and brings back a good old fashion field day next year.
Disgusted

Massena, NY

#30 Jul 29, 2013
I believe topix is a place for people to come that have more than enough time on their hands to basically just bad mouth other humane beings. If food at the field day was raw and being served why were the tables filled in the hall with people eating the bbq when I walked through to use the restroom? Did you call the Department of Health immediately about the issues that you had with both the bbq and the potatoes? Pretty sure nothing is going to be done about it hiding behind a computer, on topix.com .

Sure, maybe Bill Henry and his family arent perfect. Are yours? Id gamble they are not. Everyone does make mistakes, I am sure that he resents doing what he did but tempers flair and "in the heat of the moment" it looks like he didnt make a good choice. So for this, you bash him? His family? His step daughter who is brave enough to stick up for him? C'mon.

Perhaps the time that you are putting into your topix posts you could be out volunteering with the community that you claim so much to love? Sit on the board to make some decisions? Step up and attempt to help cook and serve food at these events? Join the fire department?

I want to make it clear that Im not taking a side as I dont believe there is a side to take, however, I believe its downright mean and just rude to sign into a website online and just talk about other people. May you never wipe your ass the wrong way, because if so, it may end up on Topix.

Since: Jul 13

Springfield, MA

#31 Jul 29, 2013
This thread is a disgrace. Where is the Copenhagen pride?????

Since: Jul 13

Springfield, MA

#32 Jul 29, 2013
Can we all get along??!!!!?!
Senior lunch is b.s there about to crap the bed any ways we should be feeding the freaking people In need this crap is just outrageous!!!!!
The freaking chief should set an example too not get in fights he should pay he is not a chief leader!!! Any shape or form!!!!

Since: Jul 13

Springfield, MA

#33 Jul 29, 2013
waskelywabbit wrote:
Negative the chief was not arrested the kid refused to call cops.
the cops should of been called or the chief should of got some back!!! I think it's best we have a dry Feild days

Since: Jul 13

Springfield, MA

#34 Jul 29, 2013
Who is with me we should have a dry Feild days?????
residentofcop

Carthage, NY

#35 Jul 29, 2013
I fail to see why the police were not involved as well. With this altercation occurring on property belonging to the village, should the police have not been called even if charges were not to be pressed?

What if this individual decides to sue for his injures? Won't it be the village the lawsuit is filed against?

I agree with dry field days, however I do not ever foresee that occurring. The fire department simply makes too much money from the sales, and if there was not alcohol supplied there would also not be volunteers.
resident

Ashburn, VA

#36 Jul 30, 2013
Ed do what is right for the department and the village. You need to step down. Department stop passing the buck and make the board do your dirty work for you. You want them out of your business so step up. The good old boys club is not for everyone, set an example for our future. Is this the legacy you want to leave to our future members. Put on your BIG boy pants and do what's right.
Good people

Enfield, CT

#37 Jul 30, 2013
There still remains people in the fire dept that are truly good ethical people. These people choose to volunteer based on the principle of the fire service and what it was meant to stand for. There is a 1st assistant Chief that is morally and ethically sound. There is a treasurer that played two elected roles for over a year. You have dept members that sit as trustees of the village. You have new and young members that have passion for the fire service. There is corporate membership that serves as an example for younger members. There is a padre that is a blessing. There are women in an auxiliary that support this dept and community. The dept has a group that although they are slandered, threatened, yelled, swore at.....they remain because they serve our community and want different for our community. This group wants better.
Ronald Reagan

Theresa, NY

#38 Jul 30, 2013
Just want to point out a few things for Mrs Henry. Your daughter Brittney is the one opened the door and thru out the Henry name, prior to that the drill team was mentioned in general terms and there absolutely no mention of the Henry's, none. Why would she feel the need to spew forth the things that she did. Obviously everyone is to sensitive, maybe because there is some truth to what is happening. She has nothing to do with Copenhagen, she is not a resident, she doesnt pay taxes here. The only reason the drill was mentioed was because a house chose the tell people to stay home. The person that responded simply was pointing out if people stay home the drill team might not exit.

You talk about your family being attacked, how about the first asst chief. The drill team is spreading viscous rumors about, these rumors are because he told the truth. The members are saying he's having an affair. It wasn't enough to try and ruin his marriage, they went on to tell a member of the community they heard that she was having an affair with him as we'll. So now it's outside of Copenhagen and involving people from other Communities. Nice, so now others are learning amd laughing about the departments issues. It's a fact that the person who started that rumor was a family member. So who is lying?

Now remember that person is only being black balled because he told the truth. That's it, the truth. That's not what most of the members of the drill team are doing. I think it's time the department hold the drill accountable by making it park it's vehicles for the rest of the season. If the drill team can't up hold the ethics and morals expected from all department members, maybe they shouldn't exist. When we are being booed by the crowds it's obvious that we have a bad image outside the village of copenhagen.

This isn't a battle as you state on your other page. It's about what's right and wrong, this particular issue the drill team is wrong.
Just so You Know

Theresa, NY

#39 Jul 30, 2013
residentofcop wrote:
I fail to see why the police were not involved as well. With this altercation occurring on property belonging to the village, should the police have not been called even if charges were not to be pressed?
What if this individual decides to sue for his injures? Won't it be the village the lawsuit is filed against?
I agree with dry field days, however I do not ever foresee that occurring. The fire department simply makes too much money from the sales, and if there was not alcohol supplied there would also not be volunteers.
The village does not own the property or the trucks and equipment. The village does not pay department insurance. When the department buys something, they don't seek village approval. The members own everything, heck even a few years ago the village wanted to charge the department for water.
Resident

Theresa, NY

#40 Jul 30, 2013
residentofcop wrote:
I fail to see why the police were not involved as well. With this altercation occurring on property belonging to the village, should the police have not been called even if charges were not to be pressed?
What if this individual decides to sue for his injures? Won't it be the village the lawsuit is filed against?
I agree with dry field days, however I do not ever foresee that occurring. The fire department simply makes too much money from the sales, and if there was not alcohol supplied there would also not be volunteers.
Don't agree with dry field day, think department needs to stay off the booze for that day.
Governing body

Enfield, CT

#41 Jul 30, 2013
The Village Board remains the governing body. Doesn't matter if the dept is in incorporated status. If the current chief does not resign, and or the voting body, elected officers or dept board does not act, The Village Board can choose to consequence. The simplest solution is for the chief to resign. Out of respect for all of the above. Man up and resign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why no strip clubs in Watertown? (Mar '10) Jun 27 lovebug 34
Dpw Jun 24 Again 5
Debate: Marijuana - Watertown, NY (Aug '10) Jun 20 Thetruth 37
hook up Jun 18 Jack93 3
New officers Jun 16 Smith 22
Copenhagen field day 2015 Jun 15 bigDaddy 4
News Lowville attorney plans challenge of two-term L... Jun 12 Who Cares 11
More from around the web

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages