On leave, soldier's thoughts remain in Afghanistan

Full story: The York Daily Record

Bill Lawver Sr. hugs his son, Spc. Billy Lawver, seeing him for the first time since he was deployed to Afghanistan in January.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Just a Thought

Brogue, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2009

Judged:

To Spec. Lawver....THANK YOU for your service to our country.....and may GOD Bless you and keep you safe until you are home for good.
Just always remember, there ARE a LOT of us here, in the USA..that pray everyday for you and all of our military.
(From A Very Proud Navy family)
bigbullydogschic k

Barnegat, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

Each day I pray for all those serving our country, both in the military,civilian positions,even the press people who make it possible for information to reach us back here at home. I applaud your service and obvious dedication to a most difficult job. Whether or not people agree about our country being in the midst of these conflicts, I truly believe that ALL Americans are most proud of the people serving such as yourself. GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS. Be safe, kudos for caring about your comrades and your country, and to reiterate millions of other Americans--THANK YOU!!!!!
Michelle

Lancaster, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

Billy, we're so incredibly proud of you and so happy to have you home - for however long that is, we'll take it!
Thank you for all that you do every day. We love you!!
lost

Etters, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Bill go fishing man day and night it will reconnect you to the American way!
Judi

Nottingham, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Judged:

Welcome home to you!!! My son, Corey is 3rd brigade 10th mountain. I miss him dearly. Thanks for your sacrifices and know that we pray for all of you each and every day!!!
Happy

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Keep safe. xxx
Ken Childers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Interesting article. I want more. My daughter will be deployed there in November from Bamberg, Germany. Any news or info and how the comunication from home will be appreciated. Email me at Ke.Childers@yahoo.com Thanks
Just a Thought

Brogue, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2009

Sure is GREAT to read all POSITIVE comments on here......
GOD Bless America AND our MILITARY!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Drum Discussions

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr positronium 6,193
Josh bogart 19 hr Josh bogart 5
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 23 hr positronium 6,290
Copenhagen Fire's Newest Officer Apr 18 Anonymous 92
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Apr 18 YUP 16,736
tabor (Apr '12) Apr 17 lucky4uimme 3
Nine involved, one injured, in three-car accide... Apr 17 Resident 3
•••
•••
•••
Fort Drum Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
•••