lewis county fair parade

lewis county fair parade

Posted in the Fort Drum Forum

village resident

Carthage, NY

#1 Jul 16, 2014
how come you did not put the new truck in the fair parade? you were the only department to not have a fire truck.
Drill Team

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2014
More Important to put the old rust bucket drill team rigs in. Nice representation of our department, don't ya think?
residentofcph

Carthage, NY

#3 Jul 16, 2014
Drill Team wrote:
More Important to put the old rust bucket drill team rigs in. Nice representation of our department, don't ya think?
Of course it is. That's the only part of the department that matters to them.
ashamed

Theresa, NY

#4 Jul 17, 2014
Forget the junk truck, any dept. Could have had a truck there that didn't look good. But they would have at least marched with class. I watched the man that was carrying the american flag, WHILE MARCHING, pick up a piece of candy off the road and eat it. Or what about their trip through town to line up? If they want to ride the trailer that's fine, but to be drinking beer, yelling to people in the crowd, That is downright disgraceful. And then they wonder why people talk down about them and do not come to their events. Maybe if they did things with a little dignity twords their dept, the community, or at least themselves maybe, just maybe there might be hope for them.
Ashamed too

United States

#5 Jul 17, 2014
That's not the only issue. Many responded from Jeff County Fair last week. While waiting out delays, they almost were all drinking when they left Watertown. The driver had been, so things have not changed, they are still a joke. Breaking the law, breaking the internal rules.

Oh well the village doesn't care. Mayors brother was kicked out of the engine going to tornado call, only to get into the rescue and respond with it. Know why he was kicked out? He'd been drinking and officers knew it.
Stupidcomment

Carthage, NY

#6 Jul 19, 2014
What does that have to do with the Mayor? Who cares who his brother is? And if the department handled it then what was the village suppose to do about it? Your comment makes no sense. Drinking should not be tolerated at any calls or events where you will be riding in department vehicles but blame the ones who are violating the rules, not the village and relatives of those accused.
More issues

United States

#7 Jul 19, 2014
I've seen several dozen pictures and several videos of fire department apparatus and fire dept members in the counties parade. There is only one that I've seen that show members drinking on their trucks, furthermore while they are on the road. Isn't that illegal?

Copenhagen!! Wasn't there a member killed a few years back that fell off a truck and had been drinking? Didn't this department learn anything from that incident? Firemen are supposed to be set the example and be looked up to. Not this crew, I know they get beat up on here a lot, but they make themselves such easy targets.

There's even a picture on the drill teams facebook page that shows these men and women raising a beer to passerby's. The village needs tighter controls on these folks. Today's day and age doesn't allow for such shananagens.

I hear there were more things taking place at the Jefferson County Fair. I wonder when those specifics will come out
I Think

United States

#8 Jul 19, 2014
Stupidcomment wrote:
What does that have to do with the Mayor? Who cares who his brother is? And if the department handled it then what was the village suppose to do about it? Your comment makes no sense. Drinking should not be tolerated at any calls or events where you will be riding in department vehicles but blame the ones who are violating the rules, not the village and relatives of those accused.
I think the point is the village is in control of this department. The individual is question gets a pass due to his brother being the mayor. The board picks and chooses who or what they want to address based on politics or name. If your name is Henry your scrutinized, if it's Doyle your scrutinized, if it's Russell you get a pass, if it's Clarke you get a pass, if it's Snyder you get a pass. That's what everyone has noticed in last few years. Look at the results lately.
Stupidcomment

Carthage, NY

#9 Jul 19, 2014
I thought the post stated that this certain individual was kicked out? If he was drinking, he should be suspended like everyone else. That is the responsibility of the fire department. It should not even have to go to the village. I'm sure that it had nothing to do with being the mayors brother. And was this matter even taken to the board since this all just happened? I THINK you may not have all the facts. I hardly doubt the mayor had any say in that matter.
Enough already

United States

#10 Jul 19, 2014
I have been months without being on this site and seeing all this BS posted on here. I agree that the village needs to have some control over the fire department and the actions associated with it. This is what the village has wanted since a certain individual got on the board. This individual could not control the department within so he found another means. So be it, the village wanted control they got it now they can deal with any issues that arise. This is what THEY wanted. I personally am still waiting for the village officers to get their commissioners training that they are supposed to have. Of course they are too worried about the training of the fire department members. Remember whats good for the goose is good for the gander. GET YOUR TRAINING VILLAGE BOARD!!!

So for who's name is good and who's is bad to the village, well that is just small town politics. IT WILL NEVER CHANGE!!! They suspend one individual for not having proper training, but leave another in after he fails the exams. Oh wait he has the training, he just doesn't test well. TO BAD, you fail you fail. This is almost like an Obama campaign no student left behind. Reward you for coming in last place.

I seem to remember not to long ago a couple people being suspended for going to a call drinking. Yet, the Mayors brother who has been warned and booted out of trucks more times than I can count is given a pass once again. COME ON BOARD YOU WANNA BE IN CHARGE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You cant pick and choose your battles anymore.

Believe me I am not saying that there is not issues with the fire department i know there is. Until people grow a back bone and start standing up to the situations nothing is going to change. It is just going to be bash here and bash there. People need to grow up but unfortunately if you are vocal against anything, be it drill team, fire department or Village each and every one of them will turn against you. Such is the world we live in. Glad I am out of this Fiasco.
residentofcph

Albany, NY

#11 Jul 19, 2014
I Think wrote:
<quoted text>I think the point is the village is in control of this department. The individual is question gets a pass due to his brother being the mayor. The board picks and chooses who or what they want to address based on politics or name. If your name is Henry your scrutinized, if it's Doyle your scrutinized, if it's Russell you get a pass, if it's Clarke you get a pass, if it's Snyder you get a pass. That's what everyone has noticed in last few years. Look at the results lately.
That would be because you don't see the names Doyle, Russell, and Clarke in the news for arrests for dui's, rape, theft and whatever else.
Social Sundae

Lowville, NY

#12 Jul 20, 2014
The Monday before the parade, I took a gianormous crap and they wouldn't allow that in the parade! Outrageous!
yupp

United States

#13 Jul 21, 2014
And so it continues....this dept is the laughing stockof the NNY fire service. Other departments that marched and took it seriously, honor, respect and tradition of the fire service, find this group insulting. We all get done marching and have a good laugh and share stories about..so...What did they do this time?

They have a new rig in the bay but choose to drive a run down hauler and drill rigs through a parade. Kinda tells the rest of us that this is clearly the only thing that matters.

And what good is OSHA and other training that the village inforced if they go to scenes under the influence. You cant teach, learn and perform honor, respect and traditions unless the person has it in their soul.

The rest of us watch from the sidelines and shake our heads and hope we arent forced to serve our communities beside these misfits when mutual ai is warrented. Not to say the enire dept but there is to many not to state the majority...Sad, just really really sad...
how about

Carthage, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2014
How about this, instead of badmouthing them here, you could

A) go to a village/dept meeting and air your concerns and comments

B) write a (signed) letter to the village/dept to convey your message

C) join and try to reform the dept from within

D) at least see a person of importance from the dept and see if they can do something about it.

I am in no way/shape/form saying what they did was right or saying that anyone posting here doesn't know what they are talking about or their opinion doesn't matter. But what I am saying is that they will not make a formidable decision based on what is said here. They will however take action when a valid argument is raised at a meeting. If you do not want to face the whiplash of certain members for voicing against them, speak to a village board member. They can take action without your name being known to the dept. I have done just that myself. With more people personally or via letter airing concerns they will have more of an understanding and will be more apt to take action. I hope this helps to bring change to this dept.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Davidson's 5 hr anonymous 1
wwny (Sep '13) Wed Anonymous 6
Why no strip clubs in Watertown? (Mar '10) Jun 27 lovebug 34
Dpw Jun 24 Again 5
Debate: Marijuana - Watertown, NY (Aug '10) Jun 20 Thetruth 37
hook up Jun 18 Jack93 3
New officers Jun 16 Smith 22
More from around the web

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE