Army Sergeant One Of Victims in Downtown Shooting Spree

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

One of the victim's of Sunday's shooting spree outside a Buffalo nightclub is a 26-year-old Army Sergeant, and father of two.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Some CEO

Hamburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

How can Buffalo ever bring its downtown back to life when people can not feel safe down there. This issue is not about race, it is not about music but it is all about police presence and police presence targeting high crime areas.
grasshopper

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Judged:

FIRST OF ALL THE MAN A EXCELLENT FATHER I NO HIM, HE WAS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT BECAUSE HE NEW HE HAD TO GO TO JAIL ON MONDAY NOT BECAUSE HIS SON NEEDED HIS DIAPER CHANGED,HE WAS NOT THE INTENDED TARGET HE HASNT BEEN AROUND IN BUFFALO TO START TROUBLE ASSHOLES HE WAS IN IRAQ AND WHEN HE WASNT HE WAS IN WATERTOWN WITH HIS FAMILY DONT JUDGE THIS MAN CUZ HE GOT SHOT,WOULD IF 1 OF YALL KIDS GOT SHOT FOR HAVING FUN,WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE BRINGIN UP HIS PAST.SHUT YALL MOUTHS AND HOPE IT DONT HAPPEN TO YALL, YOU PEOPLE TALK AND COMMENT GOD JUDGES,HE JUST CAME FROM IRAQ FIGHTIN FOR YALL, NOT TO AVOID NO JAIL TIME CUZ HE WANTED TO,THEY SHOULD OF GAVE HIM ENOUGH MONEY MABEY HE WOULDNT OF HAD TO SELL DRUGS.YALL AINT GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE WHITE GIRL THAT GOT SHOT OH MY BAD SHE AINT GOT NO DRUG CHARGES OR KIDS OR DOIN SHIT ELSE FOR SOMEONE TO JUDGE OR MABEY SHE JUST WHITE SO BEING OUT AT 4 IS ALLRIGHT
Tim

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
FIRST OF ALL THE MAN A EXCELLENT FATHER I NO HIM, HE WAS IN THE ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT BECAUSE HE NEW HE HAD TO GO TO JAIL ON MONDAY NOT BECAUSE HIS SON NEEDED HIS DIAPER CHANGED,HE WAS NOT THE INTENDED TARGET HE HASNT BEEN AROUND IN BUFFALO TO START TROUBLE ASSHOLES HE WAS IN IRAQ AND WHEN HE WASNT HE WAS IN WATERTOWN WITH HIS FAMILY DONT JUDGE THIS MAN CUZ HE GOT SHOT,WOULD IF 1 OF YALL KIDS GOT SHOT FOR HAVING FUN,WOULD YOU WANT PEOPLE BRINGIN UP HIS PAST.SHUT YALL MOUTHS AND HOPE IT DONT HAPPEN TO YALL, YOU PEOPLE TALK AND COMMENT GOD JUDGES,HE JUST CAME FROM IRAQ FIGHTIN FOR YALL, NOT TO AVOID NO JAIL TIME CUZ HE WANTED TO,THEY SHOULD OF GAVE HIM ENOUGH MONEY MABEY HE WOULDNT OF HAD TO SELL DRUGS.YALL AINT GOT SHIT TO SAY ABOUT THE WHITE GIRL THAT GOT SHOT OH MY BAD SHE AINT GOT NO DRUG CHARGES OR KIDS OR DOIN SHIT ELSE FOR SOMEONE TO JUDGE OR MABEY SHE JUST WHITE SO BEING OUT AT 4 IS ALLRIGHT
Did you wear a hockey helmet to school? Ride the short bus?
GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!
Dino

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Frosty wrote:
<quoted text>
snip:

The reason white people aren't shooting people at the clubs is that they are too busy killing their family members at home or shooting random people in schools or malls.
I laughed when I saw this Frosty, but then, sad to say, you are correct.
O J Simpson

York, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
And an Army deserter to top it all off....what a class act, just like me
Dino

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
ahh, grasshopper, you have much grammer and spelling learning to do.

as for "they" needed to give him more money-
are you for real? When he signed up for the military, he knew what the pay was, so your excuse was he needed money to buy diapers, and the army didn't give him enough money, so he turned to drugs and the drug lifestyle.. and this is what killed him.
grow up and get real. If he needed money, he should have done what the rest of the LAW ABIDING AND MORAL PEOPLE DO: get a JOB and stay the heck out of this lifestyle.
bad lifestyles = bad results
This is the lifestyle he choose. This is what he got. sorry for the loss of life, but he should have stayed out of the drug culture. Nothing good ever comes out of it.
Dino

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

anonymous wrote:
Just heard on Chanel 7 news that this guy has been AWOL for over a year and has been classified as an army deserter. Nice. And I'm sure his 'FAMILY" knew nothing abut this. Yeah, right. What a disgrace and we as taxpayers will foot the bill for e.c.m.c. as well as any and all thugs that have been shot in this area. Working and having medical insurance is not part of the ghetto thug world. He couldn't cut it in the army. What a guy. What do you liberals have to say about this?
grasshopper:
what do you have to say on this? No wonder the army didn't pay him his salary: no show for work, no get paycheck! This applies in the military as well as private sector jobs.
sara

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Some CEO wrote:
How can Buffalo ever bring its downtown back to life when people can not feel safe down there. This issue is not about race, it is not about music but it is all about police presence and police presence targeting high crime areas.
WELL THE SPACE COMPLEX IS CLOSED, OPIUM, GROOVE AND SERENITY, SO WE SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM ANYMORE, ITS UP TO THE STATE LIQUIOR AUTHORITY TO STOP GIVING THESES HIP HOP BAR OWNERS LIECENSES, ATLEAST NOT NEVER SHEA's and FROM TALK AROUND DOWNTOWN YOU WONT SEE ANYMORE HIP HOP CLUBS NEAR CHIPEAWA FOR ALONG LONG TIME!!
sara

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Some CEO wrote:
I know but the high crime area was 4 bars that are now closed, it was the same area, each time, the same bar, with new names, SPACE, OPUIM, GROOVE, SERITNTY ALL CLOSED, ALL THE SAME BAR, ALL BLACK HIP HOP BARS!!! WHY DO THEY LET SOMEONE KEEP OPENING THE SAME BARS WITH NEW NAMES IS THE REAL QUESTION, BUT FROM THE NEWS SPACE WILL NEVER BE OPENED AGAIN!!!
ann

Depew, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
latasha?!?!? latasha?!?!?!? is that you?!?!?!? they took my fake id away you sold to me at the DMV!!!! you think you could pull some strings from behind bars to get me a new one?!?!!?!?!?

LMAO!!!
MIKMAKMOM

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
In the same paragraph you called him an excellent father, criminal, and drug dealer...if your mentality allows you to believe an awol, criminal, drug dealer can even be an excellent father, I wonder where your parents went wrong.

They needed to pay him more so he sold drugs? People who think like you make the trash of this city...maybe my boss should pay me more, but since he wont I think I'll steal a car and sell it...wiser option THEN GETTING ANOTHER JOB OR STOP HAVING KIDS YOU CANNOT AFFORD.
Tim

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

Judged:

grasshopper wrote:
The pay that the Gov't issues service members is MORE than enough to get by on. Being a vet myself, I know this first hand.
As a man with a family, he would receive;
1.Housing stipend if he decided to live off of the military installation. This would include additional stipends for the # of children, and to pay for utilities. If he decided to live on the installation, he wouldn't have to pay ONE SINGLE NICKLE for rent or utilities.
2.Com missary stipend. This stipend is strictly for shopping at the base supermarket. This is based upon his family size. Basically, ALL of his food and household necessities are paid for.
3.At least 75% of college tuition paid if he so desired(which obviously he didn't).
4.Com plete and total health and dental benefits.
5.Guaranteed employment for life, without the fear of layoff.
6.Guaranteed pension after retirement.
The ONLY thing he was responsible to pay for, are vanity and luxury items. Otherwise, he was completely and utterly taken care of.
If he couldn't live on the items I have just listed, that is his stupidity.
It is unfortunate, but no one's fault but his own, that he was unable to leave the ghetto thug life behind!!!
Just Wondering

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

sara wrote:
<quoted text>WELL THE SPACE COMPLEX IS CLOSED, OPIUM, GROOVE AND SERENITY, SO WE SHOULDNT HAVE A PROBLEM ANYMORE, ITS UP TO THE STATE LIQUIOR AUTHORITY TO STOP GIVING THESES HIP HOP BAR OWNERS LIECENSES, ATLEAST NOT NEVER SHEA's and FROM TALK AROUND DOWNTOWN YOU WONT SEE ANYMORE HIP HOP CLUBS NEAR CHIPEAWA FOR ALONG LONG TIME!!
There are a lot of clubs downtown that are can be classified in to the cattegory of being a hip-hop club already. I can name atleast 4, used to be 5, right on Chippewa. Yes these bars all have dress codes, and might mix in other music over the night but the music played their is predominantly hip-hop. These bars are some of the busiest, so I doubt they will totally revamp their style... maybe more strict, tighter security, but to say no hip-hop bars you are taking it a step far. Maybe no more bars that have no dress code, or no more bars being advertised by WBLK, but no hip-hop bar is a fantasy. Look at the billboard charts... dominated by hip-hop, if a bar does not play those songs, expect slower business then.
grasshopper

Scarborough, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2008

AHH GRASSHOPPER THINKS YOU GUYS WORRY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES LIVES TO MUCH LOL
Tim

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
Why are you so worried about this thugs life?
It appears to me that no one on here is too worried about his life, than they are about the lives of the innocent bystanders who may become victims of violence, due to thugs like him!
MIKMAKMOM

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

grasshopper wrote:
3 other people were shot possibly because of his drug problem, should we not worry? I see you have no defense or justification for his actions, obviously part of you agrees with us.
more blight

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

Dino wrote:
<quoted text>
I laughed when I saw this Frosty, but then, sad to say, you are correct.
the reason it even makes national news when a white kid shoots up a school is because it is sensational and hard too believe black violent crime does not make national news because in every major city it is predominant and expected so much so that white people dont even realize it that is how bad the double standard has become their is no level of alarm when blacks shoot each other the only reason white people hear about it locally is because we are waiting through it for the sports and weather
Dino

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

more blight wrote:
<quoted text>the reason it even makes national news when a white kid shoots up a school is because it is sensational and hard too believe black violent crime does not make national news because in every major city it is predominant and expected so much so that white people dont even realize it that is how bad the double standard has become their is no level of alarm when blacks shoot each other the only reason white people hear about it locally is because we are waiting through it for the sports and weather
I don't think it is a double standard. It just seems that white people seem to slant towards serial killing and mass shootings. These things, while the death toll is high, happens infrequently.
Blacks seem to slant towards everyday violence. That is to say, there seems to be black-committed shootings nearly everyday.
This results in just about EVERY news reports contains a black-committed shooting. And after awhile, you tune it out. Shootings on a mass scale stands out. But since these nutcases seem to be on the rise,(Virginia Tech, and that last one, the shooting in the mall, where the kid WANTED attention), these cases too seem to be getting tuned out.
I'm getting sick of these little punks, black and white who want attention so badly they kill people. There, you got my attention and I think you're a butthole. Nice way to be remembered!
Just Wondering

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2008

more blight wrote:
<quoted text>the reason it even makes national news when a white kid shoots up a school is because it is sensational and hard too believe black violent crime does not make national news because in every major city it is predominant and expected so much so that white people dont even realize it that is how bad the double standard has become their is no level of alarm when blacks shoot each other the only reason white people hear about it locally is because we are waiting through it for the sports and weather
The mass killings commited by white people usually draw more attention because they are random, and usually imply people losing their life doing everyday things (school, work, shopping, etc). In other words these random deaths are truely innocent, and usually imply more than 1 person. When it is "black" violence there is not much media attention cause it is usually 1 person getting shot at and over 80% of the time it is not an innocent victim. I am not saying anyone deserves to be shot, but I use "not an innocent victim" because somehow the victim knows the shooter. I do not think it is a double standard at all. I have always told people as long as you dont't start problems with anyone, white boys or "thugs" chances are you will not be a part of the violence. Innocence is the reason why these mass killings get attention cause the victims didn't know their attacker, and usually were not "looking for trouble."
MIKMAKMOM

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2008

Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
The mass killings commited by white people usually draw more attention because they are random, and usually imply people losing their life doing everyday things (school, work, shopping, etc). In other words these random deaths are truely innocent, and usually imply more than 1 person. When it is "black" violence there is not much media attention cause it is usually 1 person getting shot at and over 80% of the time it is not an innocent victim. I am not saying anyone deserves to be shot, but I use "not an innocent victim" because somehow the victim knows the shooter. I do not think it is a double standard at all. I have always told people as long as you dont't start problems with anyone, white boys or "thugs" chances are you will not be a part of the violence. Innocence is the reason why these mass killings get attention cause the victims didn't know their attacker, and usually were not "looking for trouble."
Well said, I dont think any one can argue that a story about some school kids being shot would make more headlines then say, a drug dealer killing another drug dealer. Just my opinion

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of79
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Drum Discussions

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 4 hr positronium 6,323
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr positronium 6,324
Judd Barker aka Judd Bensol (Aug '11) Thu ur hero 6
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Habanero Harv 16,760
next ride auto (Apr '13) Wed Got Stiffed 4
Thomass kiernan (Nov '13) Jul 7 Carol 7
Debate: Marijuana - Watertown, NY (Aug '10) Jul 7 Lis 36
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••