Army Sergeant One Of Victims in Downt...

Army Sergeant One Of Victims in Downtown Shooting Spree

There are 79 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Jan 14, 2008, titled Army Sergeant One Of Victims in Downtown Shooting Spree. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

One of the victim's of Sunday's shooting spree outside a Buffalo nightclub is a 26-year-old Army Sergeant, and father of two.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

Linda

Arcade, NY

#21 Jan 15, 2008
Frosty wrote:
<quoted text>
I may have missed this, but where did it say the other people that were shot were his friends?
I'm not sure how his going out while visiting friends and family makes him a bad father, husband or friend? Was there more news about this on TV perhaps?
Did you not read the article. He came to Buffalo for the weekend to be with his friends. So did his friends leave him at the bar and he was standing with strangers? And lets see, he travels to Buffalo on the weekend leaving his wife and 2 children behind to be with friends. Not to go hunting or fishing but to go to a bar and till 4:00 A.M. If you can't see that as a bad father and husband, well if the shoe fits, wear it.
City of Good Neighbors

Tonawanda, NY

#23 Jan 15, 2008
Stay in Watertown - Jail or Service Let me see!!
AKJ

Atlanta, GA

#24 Jan 15, 2008
---------And what's even sadder, some of you commented on the white solider who was gunned down in Afganistan stated how sad it was etc...Please give this fallen soilder the same respect.-----Thanks.
James Z from Kaisertown

Buffalo, NY

#25 Jan 15, 2008
Buffalo is more dangerous than Iraq. lol

Liberals want to redeploy our police and citizens and say that there is a civil war going on in Buffalo.

Cut ad run. Surrender. Raise the white flag. COWARDLY WEENIES!

Osama and Obama in '09
Lions and tigers and bears...oh my!!!

Since: Dec 07

Wampsville, NY

#26 Jan 15, 2008
Linda wrote:
<quoted text> Did you not read the article. He came to Buffalo for the weekend to be with his friends. So did his friends leave him at the bar and he was standing with strangers? And lets see, he travels to Buffalo on the weekend leaving his wife and 2 children behind to be with friends. Not to go hunting or fishing but to go to a bar and till 4:00 A.M. If you can't see that as a bad father and husband, well if the shoe fits, wear it.
I did read the article, and just to be sure, I went back and re-read it again...

"Holmes grew up in Buffalo, but now lives in Watertown with his wife and children. His family says he was visiting for the weekend and went out Saturday night to the Chippewa district. After the clubs closed, around 4 AM, someone opened fire on a crowd of people on the 400 block of Pearl Street."

He grew up in Buffalo, and his "family" said he was visiting for the weekend. Could he possibly have been visiting his family in Buffalo? Nowhere in the article did it say the others in the crowd were his friends.
You can drink just as much beer with your friends hunting and fishing as you can at a bar. Can you explain to me why location makes you a better parent?

I think either you didn't read the article, or you are reading into it.
DAN Hamburg

AOL

#27 Jan 15, 2008
AKJ wrote:
---------And what's even sadder, some of you commented on the white solider who was gunned down in Afganistan stated how sad it was etc...Please give this fallen soilder the same respect.-----Thanks.
If any of you are like me and really dont want to be shot. Then dont go downtown to drink. support your local bussiness owners,and let THEM keep killing eachother. As for you AKJ i will go to church and ask the almighty one to show you the way to face reality
Come on people

Buffalo, NY

#28 Jan 15, 2008
For somebody to shoot in a crowd and hit innocent people, and my husband. It's a tragedy for everybody," says Serena Holmes.
2 On Your Side has also learned Charles Holmes was due to appear in a Watertown court on a drug charge. A bench warrant was issued Monday morning.
NUFF SAID!
In The Know

Buffalo, NY

#29 Jan 15, 2008
Ron T wrote:
It's to my understanding that the more serious victim was the target of the shooting and it was due to a retaliation. In addition, he has an arrest warrant (for drugs) pending in Watertown, NY. If this information is correct then the other victims are innocent bystanders to his intentional demise.
The people that retaliated knew about his whereabouts and waited for the opportunity to put him underground.
In response to security, bring back the Buffalo Special Police. The mayor and the police department needs to get their heads out of their asses and put the TRAINED volunteer police force back on the streets for a secure presence. I know, some knucklehead is going to write and comment about guns, wannabe cops etc; however these men and woman are trained (NYS Peace Officer training) and I have seen them patrolling Seneca Street. I am not suggesting that they return fire when shot at; however just the presence of a trained person in uniform will deter crime.
The Buffalo Police are swamped and each officer cannot be at multiple places at once!
Some are against this idea of the Buffalo Special Police; however are you against the idea of volunteer fireman and woman? Mmm!
Ron T
www.ipranked.com
the "specials" were out there acting as security, they turned tail and ran when the real cops showed up. they were working at Michalina's, with big fake badges hanging on chains around their necks. when the thugs started shooting, they took off. I was there, they took off when the real police showed up. they screwed up royally in riverside park 2 years ago, let the stabber go and "forgot" where they put the murder weapon. they are not cops, they are useless and run when the s88t hits the fan.
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#30 Jan 15, 2008
Frosty wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read the article, and just to be sure, I went back and re-read it again...
"Holmes grew up in Buffalo, but now lives in Watertown with his wife and children. His family says he was visiting for the weekend and went out Saturday night to the Chippewa district. After the clubs closed, around 4 AM, someone opened fire on a crowd of people on the 400 block of Pearl Street."
He grew up in Buffalo, and his "family" said he was visiting for the weekend. Could he possibly have been visiting his family in Buffalo? Nowhere in the article did it say the others in the crowd were his friends.
You can drink just as much beer with your friends hunting and fishing as you can at a bar. Can you explain to me why location makes you a better parent?
I think either you didn't read the article, or you are reading into it.
OK. The father of two was out partying till 4am without his wife. This does not sound like a good husband and/or father. At 4am he should be with his wife and family. Anyone out at that hour is looking for trouble. Please don't compare this with hunting or fishing. A family man doesn't do what he did and I'm sure the women on this board will agree. I'm sure his wife is pissed as well, but will not admit it. From the hospital to the doghouse....a much shorter trip than from Watertown to Buffalo.
Just Wondering

Buffalo, NY

#31 Jan 15, 2008
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Real intelligent response!
The music itself is not the cause for this type of behavior. Everyone knows that hip-hop music is most popular in nightclubs for the reasons of dancing. That's fine.
Nightclubs in the 'burbs play hip-hop music to draw in crowds. But, at the end of the night, when everyone is kicked out, you NEVER hear about shootings and extreme violence. These people have had just as many drinks as people in the city(probably as much drug use too), but you NEVER hear about the violence. Why? Because there aren't a bunch of ghetto thugs hanging around in these places.
Take Hertel Ave. in the city. The same thing applies.
Hip-hop is a big draw for the clubs, but at the end of the night, NO shootings. Why? Because there are no ghetto thugs in these places.
This isn't necessarily a race issue, because you can see black people in the clubs in the 'burbs, but they aren't ghetto thugs! They have a good time like everyone else, and at the end of the night, go home just like everyone else! The same thing applies at clubs on Hertel and anywhere else.
Seriously, why do you think even black nightclub owners on the East Side don't want this type of element in their bars? That is why they enforce dress codes and the 25 year age limit on their patrons, which just happen to be black.
I agree with you completely but you contradict yourself from your previous post saying that it is violence where hip hop music is the draw. Hip-hop is cross culture, and you note that. Its an issue of police knowing that is a trouble spot and for some reason them not doing anything to prevent the problems there. A lot of times thugs that start problems downtown DO NOT enter a bar the whole night, just wonder the streets. I really do not think you can blame music, or bar owners (cause after all it did not happen in the bar did it, could be a chance that the shooter targeted someone they knew was there and never even ENTERED the bar). The solution is impossible, but the best way to defend the problem the city has choosen not to. Put a Camera up there, add 4 extra cops there between 230 & 4am. Now with the bar shut down, the problem will disperse all over the district instead.
anonymous

Niagara Falls, NY

#32 Jan 15, 2008
Just heard on Chanel 7 news that this guy has been AWOL for over a year and has been classified as an army deserter. Nice. And I'm sure his 'FAMILY" knew nothing abut this. Yeah, right. What a disgrace and we as taxpayers will foot the bill for e.c.m.c. as well as any and all thugs that have been shot in this area. Working and having medical insurance is not part of the ghetto thug world. He couldn't cut it in the army. What a guy. What do you liberals have to say about this?
US citizen

United States

#33 Jan 15, 2008
Frosty I thought your earlier comment about the music and white people was hillarious. But honestly I dont think highly of parents who are out boozing and partying rather than taking care of their children. Then there are the drug charges.......To bad the military didnt square this young guy away. Maybe now he might wake up and do the right thing.
david of grace

AOL

#34 Jan 15, 2008
Ron T"]It's to my understanding that the more serious victim was the target of the shooting and it was due to a retaliation. In addition, he has an arrest warrant (for drugs) pending in Watertown, NY. If this information is correct then the other victims are innocent bystanders to his intentional demise.
The people that retaliated knew about his whereabouts and waited for the opportunity to put him underground.
In response to security, bring back the Buffalo Special Police. The mayor and the police department needs to get their heads out of their asses and put the TRAINED volunteer police force back on the streets for a secure presence. I know, some knucklehead is going to write and comment about guns, wannabe cops etc; however these men and woman are trained (NYS Peace Officer training) and I have seen them patrolling Seneca Street. I am not suggesting that they return fire when shot at; however just the presence of a trained person in uniform will deter crime.
The Buffalo Police are swamped and each officer cannot be at multiple places at once!
Some are against this idea of the Buffalo Special Police; however are you against the idea of volunteer fireman and woman? Mmm!
Ron T

OH MY GOD!, another one of dennis the menaces brennans brainchilds, didn't he just get fired as chief of police, he couldn't train a poodle to Pee, guys go buy your pretty uniforms and go to the parades and leave police work to the real cops, you do not belong anywhere near ghetto bangers or shooters, you will be a hinderance, help with the parade cleanup or the corn eating festival in the burbs.stay out of the city!
david of grace

AOL

#35 Jan 15, 2008
how come my quote from Ron T was't in quotes.......geez they sabotaged my web response even and In The Know from Holland......we speak the same dude, we know what flakes these boys are
david of grace

AOL

#36 Jan 15, 2008
this was response to Ron T on the specail police

"OH MY GOD!, another one of dennis the menaces brennans brainchilds, didn't he just get fired as chief of police, he couldn't train a poodle to Pee, guys go buy your pretty uniforms and go to the parades and leave police work to the real cops, you do not belong anywhere near ghetto bangers or shooters, you will be a hinderance, help with the parade cleanup or the corn eating festival in the burbs.stay out of the city! "
don white

Windham, ME

#37 Jan 15, 2008
HE IS NOW BUSTED FOR AWOL AND THE WARRANT FOR HIS DRUG CHARGE HAS BEEN SERVED HE IS IN DEEP DODO. HIS LIFE IS GOING DOWNHILL FAST..POOR FAMILY AND KIDS WHAT A PITY.....
James Z from Kaisertown

Buffalo, NY

#38 Jan 16, 2008
This guy was a deserter.
Tim

Lockport, NY

#39 Jan 16, 2008
James Z from Kaisertown wrote:
This guy was a deserter.
He should pay the full price for this.
Maybe he would have been luckier if the bullet would have done grave damage.
AKJ

Atlanta, GA

#40 Jan 16, 2008
DAN Hamburg wrote:
<quoted text> If any of you are like me and really dont want to be shot. Then dont go downtown to drink. support your local bussiness owners,and let THEM keep killing eachother. As for you AKJ i will go to church and ask the almighty one to show you the way to face reality
You are one sad person. I'll pary for you.
AKJ

Atlanta, GA

#41 Jan 16, 2008
DAN Hamburg wrote:
<quoted text> If any of you are like me and really dont want to be shot. Then dont go downtown to drink. support your local bussiness owners,and let THEM keep killing eachother. As for you AKJ i will go to church and ask the almighty one to show you the way to face reality
--------I meant pray.--------

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heated discussion held at Champion meeting over... May 18 Bull Dog 1
News Parishville Town Council opposes wind developme... Dec '17 judge it 1
News Elwin David Green (Oct '09) Jul '17 Reg 4
Poker game!! (Dec '16) Dec '16 MIKEtheSTEELHEADER 1
Were we awarded the CIB in Somalia??? (Feb '08) Nov '16 ArmyFireDept 2
News DWI charges lodged (Oct '16) Oct '16 ROFL 1
News Staff Sgt. Joshua D. Thomas (Aug '16) Aug '16 Close family friend 2

Fort Drum Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages