Military identifies shooting victim a...

Military identifies shooting victim as Fort Drum soldier

There are 14 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Dec 8, 2009, titled Military identifies shooting victim as Fort Drum soldier. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

Military officials say one of two men fatally shot in Rhode Island last weekend was a soldier stationed at Fort Drum.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

Dewey

Rochester, NY

#1 Dec 8, 2009
Damn those boys are going crazy up there in the Mountain.
Can't blame PTSD on this one, he didn't have any deployments to blame it on. Or maybe it was a civilian who was angry that they were on their property.
Ensign M

Rochester, NY

#2 Dec 8, 2009
Dewey... wtf are you even talking about???

"Those Boys" voluntarily enlisted and chose to fight for YOUR freedom... so unless you can show some respect and compassion for these heroes with your posts, please shut the hell up and leave your comments to yourself.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2009
Ensign M wrote:
Dewey...**** are you even talking about???
"Those Boys" voluntarily enlisted and chose to fight for YOUR freedom... so unless you can show some respect and compassion for these heroes with your posts, please shut the hell up and leave your comments to yourself.
Those fellows are my comrades. I just came from there last year you dumb, ignorant, stupid asse. You do not know what I am talking about because you have no clue as to what it means to serve. Leave me the hell alone or meet me somewhere. Your descision.
Ensign M

Rochester, NY

#4 Dec 8, 2009
Hey douche bag... I'm prior service active Army enlisted and now an Officer in the reserves. I've been overseas on the front lines. Get your shitt straight...
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#5 Dec 8, 2009
Ensign M wrote:
Hey **** bag... I'm prior service active Army enlisted and now an Officer in the reserves. I've been overseas on the front lines. Get your shitt straight...
F U officer dirtbag. I could care less if you were an officer. I wan a Non- Commisioned Officer. A*hole. I know what I am talking about, cuz I LIVED AT FORT DRUM. Dkhead.
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#6 Dec 8, 2009
And if you are an officer in the reserves, you should be doing paperwork, not on here arguing with an old vet. Leave me the H alone or meet me somewhere. Point blank.
Relax

Rochester, NY

#7 Dec 8, 2009
Wow, why so reactionary? You two are insulting each other when both have served. Don't be so quick to judge-- each other AND the people this news article is actually about.
Ensign M

Rochester, NY

#8 Dec 8, 2009
lol... go put your MGIB benefits to good use and get yourself an education... your too quick to make assumptions when you have no idea about anything.

And as far as you living at FT Drum, that - along with every other comment you've made - is irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I was stationed at FT Hood...does that make me an expert on the FT Hood massacres that recently took place??? Dumb***

Square yourself away, soldier... your ignorance is making us vets look bad
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#9 Dec 8, 2009
Relax wrote:
Wow, why so reactionary? You two are insulting each other when both have served. Don't be so quick to judge-- each other AND the people this news article is actually about.
Yes. I know, but if you go to HIS first post you will see that he address me un-soldierly like. My first post wasn't in any form disrespect to any soldier. I simply stated that it's possible that they may have been on someone's property and may have angered that person. He then addressed me talking about how he was overseas and he's an Officer in the reserves. Some of this, and some of that. I was a Sergent in the Army for 8 years. I did my time and 3 1/2 was at Fort Drum. I do know what I'm talking about. I was there last year. I know how it is in NNY. Thanks for being that calming factor in between two agrivated idiots.
Horse Shoot

Rochester, NY

#10 Dec 8, 2009
From an old leatherneck.. We're all back home, so lets try and leave the fight on the battlefields. Thank you both for your service, Now lets get a beer and shake. Semper Fi
Twanker

Holden, MA

#11 Dec 8, 2009
And that concludes this weeks installment of; "Pi$$ing Contest at the VFW"
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#12 Dec 8, 2009
On a lighter note. You guys are funny especially Tawnker. That was a good one. Goes to show how much I HATE officers. I can't stand some officers for this particular reason. Screw Ensign M. I respect him as a soldier but as a person, he can bite a bullet for all I care. He wants to tell me that my hard earned opinion doesn't matter. This is an America that I have fought for to earn an opinion. If he wants my DD214 to show my WAR medels and deployment times(over 700 days to be exact) I'd be glad to show that I do know what it feels like to be up North Country.

On the other hand, it's sad that these two people were shot. I was not there and do not know the particulars. Stiil the surviving victim is in my prayers, and may GOD find it suficient to warrant an entrence into the Kindom of Heaven for the other young man.
Ensign M

Rochester, NY

#13 Dec 8, 2009
Dewey wrote:
On a lighter note. You guys are funny especially Tawnker. That was a good one. Goes to show how much I HATE officers. I can't stand some officers for this particular reason. Screw Ensign M. I respect him as a soldier but as a person, he can bite a bullet for all I care. He wants to tell me that my hard earned opinion doesn't matter. This is an America that I have fought for to earn an opinion. If he wants my DD214 to show my WAR medels and deployment times(over 700 days to be exact) I'd be glad to show that I do know what it feels like to be up North Country.
On the other hand, it's sad that these two people were shot. I was not there and do not know the particulars. Stiil the surviving victim is in my prayers, and may GOD find it suficient to warrant an entrence into the Kindom of Heaven for the other young man.
Dewey - that last paragraph was the first half-intelligent thing you've said all day. I couldn't agree with you more - the deaths of these soldiers is a very sad tragedy. God bless them and their families.

Likewise, I too respect you as a soldier and thank you for you service. But don't be thinking that we're all of a sudden buddies and sh**, cuz we ain't. I still think your a dumb***!!! hahaha

On another note... speaking of VFW, make sure you join your local post and/or American Legion. Also, enroll yourself at the local VA hospital - for your service, you've earned free health/eye coverage for life (unfortunately not dental though). Also, if you are a homeowner, take a copy of your DD214 to your local property tax assessors office - if you are a combat vet, you will get 25% off your property taxes (if your not a combat vet it's 15%). In regards to employment, take advantage of your veterans preference status for state and federal government jobs - good benefits, good pension, good retirement. Also, know that there are a number of retailers who give 10% discounts to veterans (ie... Lowes, Home Depot...)

Again, don't be thinking I'm all of a sudden your buddy. I'm just trying to square away a fellow comrade as a token of my appreciation. Merry X-mas... dumb***

Scouts out.
Don53

Gouverneur, NY

#14 Dec 9, 2009
Just my two cents worth. I have 21 years in the Army as an analyst and have seen a decline in the quality of soldiers we are producing. The mental and sometime physical makeup of these new kids leave much to desire. I'm not saying that every soldier who has entered the service in the past 8 years is sub-standard, but I do believe the Army has lowered its standards and are letting kids who have no business being in the military call themselves soldiers. Plus they baby the recruits in basic now, many of these soldiers are not being properly trained to face the horrors of war, or even being soldiers. Many of our soldiers come from bad backgrounds, broken homes, frail personalities, but they don't get weeded out like they used to.
I think this is part of the reason we have seen so many suicides in the military over the past 5-7 years. We need to train better....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heated discussion held at Champion meeting over... May 18 Bull Dog 1
News Parishville Town Council opposes wind developme... Dec '17 judge it 1
News Elwin David Green (Oct '09) Jul '17 Reg 4
Poker game!! (Dec '16) Dec '16 MIKEtheSTEELHEADER 1
Were we awarded the CIB in Somalia??? (Feb '08) Nov '16 ArmyFireDept 2
News DWI charges lodged (Oct '16) Oct '16 ROFL 1
News Staff Sgt. Joshua D. Thomas (Aug '16) Aug '16 Close family friend 2

Fort Drum Jobs

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages