old timer

Carthage, NY

#62 Mar 21, 2014
it doesn't matter what happened last night as another election for chiefs is held on the first Thursday of April. That is when the final list of officers is sent. It's only two weeks and I am sure the department isn't going to have a special meeting to select someone to fill the position if the village didn't accept this selection.
Short

United States

#63 Mar 28, 2014
The door was opened for our village board to take control over certain activities with this fire dept. Now the board has proven that our community deserves better. Thank you for standing up for our community
bystander

Meriden, CT

#64 Mar 28, 2014
So now there probably going to put that mullet headed redneck in instead. I don't think it'll be much of an improvement.
Amazed

United States

#65 Mar 28, 2014
bystander wrote:
So now there probably going to put that mullet headed redneck in instead. I don't think it'll be much of an improvement.
Well bystander, he is a full time employed individual, never been arrested, hard working fire fighter. So he is already an improvement.
hwlops

Albany, NY

#66 Mar 28, 2014
Can't be any worse than a thief and a rapist!
Ethical

Carthage, NY

#67 Mar 28, 2014
How dare anyone ever compare that hard working young man to anyone with a criminal record?

He is an amazing kind hearted individual that comes from a long line of fire dept family members. His family, Aunts, Uncles and cousins have served and a few still do!

His Grandparents invite all dept members to their home and are also kind and wonderful people that still serve and volunteer right beside the people that choose to put down their grandson! They have remained non-bias and have not a bad word to say about anyone. So this is how you treat amazingly wonderful people?

Not one single thing that Pat has ever done warrants slander. Clearly the only thing you choose to target is the way he wears his hair? On here people choose to defend others and that's fine, each to their own...but targeting Pat, just like you choose to target all the others in the past is ridiculous. Sorry he doesn't have time or the interest to "Drill", he is to busy working and volunteering to do both.

Can't you see what you are doing to people that have a heart and passion for their community and fire service?

Meriden, CT

#68 Mar 28, 2014
Ethical wrote:
How dare anyone ever compare that hard working young man to anyone with a criminal record?
He is an amazing kind hearted individual that comes from a long line of fire dept family members. His family, Aunts, Uncles and cousins have served and a few still do!
His Grandparents invite all dept members to their home and are also kind and wonderful people that still serve and volunteer right beside the people that choose to put down their grandson! They have remained non-bias and have not a bad word to say about anyone. So this is how you treat amazingly wonderful people?
Not one single thing that Pat has ever done warrants slander. Clearly the only thing you choose to target is the way he wears his hair? On here people choose to defend others and that's fine, each to their own...but targeting Pat, just like you choose to target all the others in the past is ridiculous. Sorry he doesn't have time or the interest to "Drill", he is to busy working and volunteering to do both.
Can't you see what you are doing to people that have a heart and passion for their community and fire service?
I can't believe someone else has actually taken notice of what good he does. I have no idea how pat is still in the dept. Between Jim and Lynn they have done nearly everything they can to run him out of town. All because he has a different idea on how things should be, and associates with members who do not support the drill team.

How they are willing to do this to the grandson of a member who will be reciving his 50 year award at banquet this year, is currently a longtime official with the drill teams association, a past member of the drill team itself, and a long time friend of the entire henry family, it is just downright shameful. Jim and lynn have already lost all respect from pats grandmother, a 40+year member of the auxiliary, and are losing support every day from others in both the dept. And the aux.

The Copenhagen fire dept. Used to have two main family's associated with it, Henry and st.Louis, with nearly every member of each family a member of the dept. In the past 10 years all but three of the st.Louis family have resigned from the dept, all because of problems caused by the drill team. Many of those had been members of the drill team at one time as well.

An entire family that had dedicated themselves to the copenhagen fire dept, nearly run to extinction all because of two brothers who think they deserve it all.
old timer

Carthage, NY

#69 Mar 28, 2014
It's time to put this issue to bed and move on. What people are doing is hurting all involved.

Please note that there are those who know both families and are remaining silent. And have to read this material . Those of the department who know both families will weigh their votes when the time comes. Let all cool it and move on.

Meriden, CT

#70 Mar 29, 2014
old timer wrote:
It's time to put this issue to bed and move on. What people are doing is hurting all involved.
Please note that there are those who know both families and are remaining silent. And have to read this material . Those of the department who know both families will weigh their votes when the time comes. Let all cool it and move on.
Why the sudden cool down old timer? Are you finally realizing that people are taking a stand against you? Are mad because you see now the drill team is not the greatest thing on earth? Is it finally becoming apparent the damage that the drill team and people with your mentality have caused? Or is it a combination of all three? Maby now things can begin to change for the better.
old timer

Carthage, NY

#71 Mar 29, 2014
This is an insult and I am taking this personally, When someone can't express their opinion and take a position there is something the matter.All the tings I have said are true. Shame on you.
JOKE

Carthage, NY

#72 Mar 29, 2014
old timer wrote:
This is an insult and I am taking this personally, When someone can't express their opinion and take a position there is something the matter.All the tings I have said are true. Shame on you.
Ironically your taking it "personal" because you cant type your opinion?

I have read all this stuff and it s my understanding that people get slandered and ran through the rumor mill, threatened and harassed until they leave the dept...ALL because they have a difference of opinion. And clearly you appear to me to be a force that supports this behavior but when tables are turned, you take it personal?

You dont want to relive or rehash the past? Ok, No point in bringing up the many specific people that have been personally slandered and left but What about the young man and or all his family that have been recently attacked and this family has a great history of ethical dedication to the fire service? I wonder if they are taking it personal? Maybe it is about time someone did take it personal enough to change the corruption!

Guess What? I take it personal the Pat is put down. I happen to appreciate him and his loving family.
Rejected

Carthage, NY

#73 Mar 29, 2014
Well the title of the thread is pointless.

Is it to late to change it to LATEST REJECTED OFFICER?
old timer

Carthage, NY

#74 Mar 29, 2014
To Joke, I can spell and maybe my fingers hit the wrong keys, It is the fury that comes out. I think we all respect Patrick and what he has done.

Meriden, CT

#75 Mar 29, 2014
old timer wrote:
Maby now you know how the members feel when they voice their opinions and are imediatly attacked by the two brothers. How do you think pat felt last fall when he wanted to get rid of the ladder that failed testing? He was yelled at by Lynn and then told "learn your place you friggin idiot". Now you see how it is and you don't like it. It happens every meeting. Anytime pat, mark, Scott, pat m., or any other member who tries to better the dept, trys to bring up something good they are over spoken by the back of the room. They can't voice their opinions, so why should you?
Jerry Flanders

Carthage, NY

#76 Mar 29, 2014
While I don't often post on here I think as a past president of the fire department it is time to speak up. The rules read that there are qualifications for an office according to the village, those nominated and elected must meet those qualifications. Thursday members should look at the qualifications for an office see if the person meets those qualifications the elect the person. It is not a personality contest. Please note what other relatives have done for the auxiliary for fire department does count as well. It is the individual that is running for the office not the family or friends. I will be chastised for posting this but it is the truth. At least I am using a real name and not a false one and as a person in charge of the fire police I have to follow the qualifications for that position even though it may be appointed. I it is time to move on and see if the department along with its older members guiding it can get back to some normality. Finally after reading previous postings some people and families are no longer in the department as they were voted out for not meeting the qualifications of the of the department, they were given a chance to speak for themselves at that time some did and some did not Some also asked to be exempt as they had their five years in. Sorry to be so long winded but the truth needs to be known from some one who has held many offices in the department for nearly forty years.
Jerry Flanders

Carthage, NY

#77 Mar 29, 2014
Please note in the previous posting It should have been said that what families have done for the department and auxiliary should not count. My fingers got away from me.

Rocky Hill, CT

#78 Mar 29, 2014
Jerry Flanders wrote:
While I don't often post on here I think as a past president of the fire department it is time to speak up. The rules read that there are qualifications for an office according to the village, those nominated and elected must meet those qualifications. Thursday members should look at the qualifications for an office see if the person meets those qualifications the elect the person. It is not a personality contest. Please note what other relatives have done for the auxiliary for fire department does count as well. It is the individual that is running for the office not the family or friends. I will be chastised for posting this but it is the truth. At least I am using a real name and not a false one and as a person in charge of the fire police I have to follow the qualifications for that position even though it may be appointed. I it is time to move on and see if the department along with its older members guiding it can get back to some normality. Finally after reading previous postings some people and families are no longer in the department as they were voted out for not meeting the qualifications of the of the department, they were given a chance to speak for themselves at that time some did and some did not Some also asked to be exempt as they had their five years in. Sorry to be so long winded but the truth needs to be known from some one who has held many offices in the department for nearly forty years.
Problem is jerry, everyone knew Shane did/does not meet the qualifications, yet they still ran him. And guess what? Shawn did not pass his fire officer course, so I better not see him run next Thursday either, he should not have run the past few years either because he did not have fire officer. Yet he did, and he got voted in. Do you really think this department cares who the officers are? They just care about their damn racing team.
Jerry Flanders

Carthage, NY

#79 Mar 29, 2014
Please note that I am involved with the State Drill teams as well as our department and in both organizations I look out for both organizations, I am only one vote. I express my opinions and most of the support I get is from drill team members as those who are not involved don't want to give respect especially our younger members who are just joining and not members of the team. I don't know where the saying respect your elders have gone. This is not just me but other old time members as well. I didn't even get respect from department members not drill ream members when I was president.
Joke

Fayetteville, NY

#80 Mar 29, 2014
For some reason you think that posting your name makes some significant difference, it means nothing when I believe you just publicaly admitted to supporting the unethical behavior.

Congratulations for proving over the internet your morals or lack of. Opinion Of course all depending if you are within that little cult getting smaller or within the circle of reality.
Jerry Flanders

Carthage, NY

#81 Mar 29, 2014
Listen I speak for my self and not for others , when I vote for something it is what my heart and beliefs make me do. Apparently you must have the same values and also hiding under a false name doesn't prove anything. That is the problem with this forum it is great to take under a false name when they are afraid the face the music using their own. Whether I am in support of the drill team or not is my business and also I think we are forgetting what I am in the department for. It is to serve the community which I think you must not think I am doing. Think what you must my conscience is clear maybe you should do some soul thinking yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Copenhagen Fire Dept Rules Wed I Hate Fools 21
Harrisville haunted trail to continue this weekend Oct 15 fun times 1
Watertown man to fight charges from late-night ... Oct 15 A friend 2
Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) Oct 14 Zach 6
DEA agent's undercover Facebook page used suspe... Oct 13 timmac 1
Deputies: Lewis County men stole catalytic conv... Oct 13 welfare 14
Watertown man faces 10 years in prison for stab... Oct 11 Renegade Robinson 1
Fort Drum Dating
Find my Match

Fort Drum Jobs