Copenhagen Fire's Newest Officer
Real problem

Chicago, IL

#22 Mar 7, 2014
This is just symbolic of what the dept has become. Sad. a past highly respected organization has been brought to disgrace within the fire service and what it was truly meant to be.

Yes people make mistakes, not everyone is perfect but honestly...This arrest record? and now an officer of a fire dept.?
But hang, maybe that family was a little rushed to have him elected before judicial law forbids it.

Ya over and over agian, we have all read the argument...this doesn't happen in oter departments. Well IT DOESN"T!

There is more respect then this.

He put his name on here...well google it and read his history. As a tax payer become informed. Now and learn what your tax dollars are going to.
cobbwebs

Harpursville, NY

#23 Mar 7, 2014
Its still the past. He will do great and committed to the fire department just like his family. He will die a fireman like the rest, it runs in his blood. He has a heart of gold and drop anything for anyone to help.
Underachievers

Syracuse, NY

#24 Mar 7, 2014
I learned my lesson when I was 5 years old at Jon Dixons store. My mother saw me steal a pack of gum. I was told to tell Jon what I had done and return the gum. Never stole again.. That is the kind of mistakes people learn from. The criminal actions of Mr. Henry prove that he has not learned his lesson.
HIstory

United States

#25 Mar 7, 2014
Past history is a predictor for future behavior. So far it rings true

The main reason thousands were spent on a security system. The pink elephant in the room, everyone knows it know won talks bout it

Under achiever, your going back in history for John Dixon. Used to love that store
Brittany Crouse

Harpursville, NY

#26 Mar 7, 2014
You can argue until you are blue in the face. You can't go back and change the past. Its time that people moved on instead of bashing people. No one has the right to bash any one. The only person that has the right to judge is the "big guy". I admit in my younger I made some bad choices and I learned from them and I am the person I am today because of it. So stop judging everyone on here. If you have problem with someone say it to their face not behind there back or sit behind a computer screen and deface someone's name just to get rocks off.
Deface

United States

#27 Mar 7, 2014
Really, he defaced his own name, we didn't do it!
Brittany Crouse

Harpursville, NY

#28 Mar 7, 2014
Doesn't mean you have to go on and continue the torture.
Underachievers

Syracuse, NY

#29 Mar 7, 2014
Well I have said it to his face. I have also voiced my concerns at meetings. When nothing was done I decided I did not need to be involved with group anymore. You people sticking up for him are just mad that the departments secrets are now being brought to light. This forum seems to have enlightened the community on the behaviors of the department. The so called people that hide behind a screen are concerned about the quality of people that are entrusted with public money. We would like to have a department that could be trusted. Unfortunately that thought is not a concern of the fire department.
What about the victims

Saranac Lake, NY

#30 Mar 7, 2014
I wonder how his victims feel?

The person that owns the construction company he stole from?

The taxpayer he steals from?

A community that he put at risk with DWI?

The young women that have had their lives changed?

We have law to protect the innocent.

We have positions within these communities that are meant to up hold the law and protect the innocent.

Firemen are part of this protective shield.

This man is only granted the privilege through corruption.

Clearly it will only end when the wrong innocent person gets harmed.

The people on here that think they are some want honest by writing their names...Birds of a feather...keep flying...
Underachievers

Saranac Lake, NY

#31 Mar 7, 2014
We'll put
Chevy Iron Head

United States

#32 Mar 7, 2014
What about the victims wrote:
I wonder how his victims feel?
The person that owns the construction company he stole from?
The taxpayer he steals from?
A community that he put at risk with DWI?
The young women that have had their lives changed?
We have law to protect the innocent.
We have positions within these communities that are meant to up hold the law and protect the innocent.
Firemen are part of this protective shield.
This man is only granted the privilege through corruption.
Clearly it will only end when the wrong innocent person gets harmed.
The people on here that think they are some want honest by writing their names...Birds of a feather...keep flying...
Thanks for sharing this POV! It should make even the most ignorant person think.
Jim Henry

Saranac Lake, NY

#33 Mar 7, 2014
i don't very often read this rag bag but here I am. Bunch of low lifes that can't even have balls enough to put their own names on their post. Guess that keeps you from ever being liable! If you have the time to post here maybe you should donate your time to volunteer to be a fireman take the classes do the work and then have a reason to post shit. If you are not a member you really should keep your comments to yourself. You have no balls to even say anything to someones face as I see very few names here. Shane may have been in trouble from time to time but he devotes more time and energy to the Copenhagen Fire Department then any of you devote. From what I see a lot of back biting asses here. VOLUNTEER and have a voice!
JIM HENRY
Underachievers

Saranac Lake, NY

#34 Mar 7, 2014
Every other fire department post you have comment on Jim. So you are already not telling the truth. What would any body be liable for? Everything said so far is the truth. According to your comments you should be able to do what ever you want and as long as you put your time in at the station it's alright. Being a firefighter is more than just hanging out at the station. It's about being trustworthy, caring about the community, and loyalty. It's not about stealing , drinking, and underage girls. You are a prime example of what a firefighter is not. You post comments on how great you criminal nephew is, call names, and swear. What part of this fire department would anyone want to be involved in?
Been there

Saranac Lake, NY

#35 Mar 7, 2014
I can remember when the drill used to meet and there would be new hand tools or radio batteries, and some other things. When Jim was asked where these tools came from, his favorite response was fort drum will never miss them.
mad member

New York, NY

#36 Mar 7, 2014
not even 15 minutes before Shame was elected, Jim proposed a by law change stating that any member running for an office must be fully qualified for that position prior to the election. Well one of the biggest parts of being a chief is to take care of the trucks, which includes being able to DRIVE them. Well the insurance company won't allow the department to let Shane drive the trucks because he doesn't have a drivers license. Don't forget training requirements, he has most of them, but not all of them. But hey, he's a Henry. He can do whatever he wants and get away with it.
Been there

Saranac Lake, NY

#37 Mar 7, 2014
That's the way it's always been. When ever anyone has an opposing opinion all any of the Henry's would is scream, yell, and threaten. Real class acts. They drove out many good members over the years.
nuts

Saranac Lake, NY

#38 Mar 7, 2014
must be the wife let his jewels out of her vice long enough to type. the scream that was just heard in the village was them being put back in.
oh plz

East Hartford, CT

#39 Mar 7, 2014
Can we all just get drunk and be happy :)
Shane Henry

Hartford, CT

#40 Mar 7, 2014
Hey mad member......, look in the by laws, I dont need a license to get on a creeper and run a grease gun on them trucks, and ill bet I wouldn't miss a single grease fitting, lets see you do that..... oh wait the last time they were serviced, I did it, and the time before that, Me and aanother chief did it.......
Been there

Saranac Lake, NY

#41 Mar 7, 2014
You might be able to run a grease gun, but you aren't allowed to drive the truck to a call. A chief should be able to do all of a firefighters duties plus the additional duties of a chief. You aren't chief material son.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Music News Meek Mill denied bail hearing as jud... 14 hr insomniacat 21
Future Mayor Nov 20 Taz 1
News Former 801 complexes faltering (Apr '08) Jul '17 normal citizen 26
News Elwin David Green (Oct '09) Jul '17 Reg 4
Know Any 100% Absolutely Free Adult Dating Sites? (Feb '17) Mar '17 Dick Gozinya 5
Poker game!! (Dec '16) Dec '16 MIKEtheSTEELHEADER 1
Were we awarded the CIB in Somalia??? (Feb '08) Nov '16 ArmyFireDept 2

Fort Drum Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages