Comments
1 - 20 of 109 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2014
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Disturbing

United States

#1 Mar 7, 2014
The members of the Copenhagen Fire Dept elected a New 2nd Asst Cheif last night. He has no fewer than 5 arrests since 2008.(I won't even go into each arrest) oh yes before it's questions, there are convictions for each....

It's sad that this is the type of leadership that we have to look forward to in our Community! It's sad that an organization would even think to propose for office someone with that kind of record.
bla bla bla

Fayetteville, NY

#2 Mar 7, 2014
Bla bla bla who cares what you think
Shane Henry

Manchester, CT

#3 Mar 7, 2014
yep, I have and I have paid the price for each one of those issues and done my fair share of repayment to each...I put my time in with this department, I am at every event, I am at nearly every call, I have all of the training necessary for the position and I will do my best to fulfill the duties assigned to me.
Oh please

Attica, NY

#4 Mar 7, 2014
Hope you never have any issues on your property that requires the fire service then because that 2nd assistant chief that was elected is the one that makes nearly every call!
Anonymous

United States

#5 Mar 7, 2014
I think everyone cares except the 12 people who cast a ballot for the convict.
Marcy Flanders

Penn Yan, NY

#6 Mar 7, 2014
What I find more disturbing is that the people of Copenhagen would rather sit behind their computers gossiping about people they donít truely know deep down, than get up themselves and volunteer or try to have a mature discussion about their ďconcernsĒ. The community has an opportunity to come together and support one another, especially involving such an important organization, yet you and others sit on your computer and act as if you are writing a soap opera for the television. Every other week someone feels compelled to plaster the internet with some type of slander. Just because you may know some part of a situation or a small fraction about the life of another person; it does not give you the right to judge them and constantly put them down. Most importantly, it does not mean that you know them or know the truth. Are you a perfect person? Can you look in the mirror and say that yourself and all your family members have made no mistakes? If yourself or your family member(s) got into some kind of pridcament or trouble, would you want others to go to the internet and talk about that, when they donít honestly know the details of what happened? Would you want people to go to the internet and treat you as if the person you are is only defined by your faults and mistakes, whenever you are a part of something? Donít act as if you have the right to decide whether another human being possesses the ability to mature and change.

Itís sad that you canít acknowledge and appreciate everything positive this person has done for the fire department and for the community, someone that acts selflessly and has devoted their life to volunteering. Instead of trying to stir up problems and degrade someone, why donít you go spend hours of your life training to become a volunteer firefighter like he has? Why donít you go to meetings and participate in classes learning how to become an officer or chief and make the decisions related to those positions?
Anonymous

United States

#7 Mar 7, 2014
Marcy Flanders wrote:
What I find more disturbing is that the people of Copenhagen would rather sit behind their computers gossiping about people they donít truely know deep down, than get up themselves and volunteer or try to have a mature discussion about their ďconcernsĒ. The community has an opportunity to come together and support one another, especially involving such an important organization, yet you and others sit on your computer and act as if you are writing a soap opera for the television. Every other week someone feels compelled to plaster the internet with some type of slander. Just because you may know some part of a situation or a small fraction about the life of another person; it does not give you the right to judge them and constantly put them down. Most importantly, it does not mean that you know them or know the truth. Are you a perfect person? Can you look in the mirror and say that yourself and all your family members have made no mistakes? If yourself or your family member(s) got into some kind of pridcament or trouble, would you want others to go to the internet and talk about that, when they donít honestly know the details of what happened? Would you want people to go to the internet and treat you as if the person you are is only defined by your faults and mistakes, whenever you are a part of something? Donít act as if you have the right to decide whether another human being possesses the ability to mature and change.
Itís sad that you canít acknowledge and appreciate everything positive this person has done for the fire department and for the community, someone that acts selflessly and has devoted their life to volunteering. Instead of trying to stir up problems and degrade someone, why donít you go spend hours of your life training to become a volunteer firefighter like he has? Why donít you go to meetings and participate in classes learning how to become an officer or chief and make the decisions related to those positions?
It's not Slander, it's Factual! Slander is lies, these are not lies, Mr. Henry acknowledges the facts, not slander!
Shane Henry

Manchester, CT

#8 Mar 7, 2014
Why not come talk to me instead putting carp on here, got a problem with it? Say something to me instead of hiding behind a computer screen.
Disturbing

United States

#9 Mar 7, 2014
I can list the facts according to police records if you'd like. Regardless of your training you have no right to be an officer in any organization. You know why too...
skeletons

Cobleskill, NY

#11 Mar 7, 2014
Why is that the people that get onto this site to bash someone,in particular the Henry family, have some skeleton's in their own closets themselves. If you have a problem with someone tell them instead of acting like high schoolers.
Marcy Flanders

Penn Yan, NY

#12 Mar 7, 2014
Disturbing, when did it become your place to tell another person what they have the right to do or not do? If you think you are such an authority on this, why aren't you in the department participating in writing the by-lows or following the regulations for this organization. You don't even have the guts to sign your name to the comments you're making about another person. Plenty of people work jobs that assist you and your life that may have a past or been in trouble with the law. They may even be managers or hold higher positions. Plenty of people hold positions within not only community organizations, but even government that have records. Get off your high horse, everyone makes mistakes and those mistakes do not define us as people.
Disturbing

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2014
How do you know I'm not Marcy. I'm also a village resident a taxpayer with daughters. The public has a right to know who thier elected officials are. Since you don't live why don't you butt out... You left this little Peyton Place cuz you couldn't get along here...
Oh Boy

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2014
What's it been, about three months since we had a good Copenhagen Fire Department Thread?

Here we go again...
Marcy Flanders

Penn Yan, NY

#15 Mar 7, 2014
If you are part of the department and you are coming to this website to call out another member and pass judgements regarding the organization as a whole, then that really proves a point about your own character. It was never stated that the public didnít have the right to know the outcomes of elections within the department. This was announced on a public Facebook page after all. You probably donít know as much as you think you do and being a flawed person yourself, you should be willingly to give people a chance.
Excuse me

Attica, NY

#16 Mar 7, 2014
Maybe I'm looking at this a different way, but I don't see anything anywhere on any site listing what the vote was for Mr. Henry, so the only way to know the outcome of the vote was to have been at the meeting; if so, the person who began the thread must be a member of the department themselves. Maybe the department should looking into its members and why they are bad mouthing each other outside of the department. That's the sad reality of this thread, not the elected official issue.
bla bla bla

Fayetteville, NY

#17 Mar 7, 2014
hey disturbing you sound like a f****** retard why don't you worry about your own s*** instead of worrying about the fire department s*** or next time and who are you to say who can be an officer and a Fire dept you may be a text layer but you are not a member of the organization you want to be a member get an application you don't want an application shut the f*** up
Excuse Me Too

United States

#18 Mar 7, 2014
Excuse me wrote:
Maybe I'm looking at this a different way, but I don't see anything anywhere on any site listing what the vote was for Mr. Henry, so the only way to know the outcome of the vote was to have been at the meeting; if so, the person who began the thread must be a member of the department themselves. Maybe the department should looking into its members and why they are bad mouthing each other outside of the department. That's the sad reality of this thread, not the elected official issue.
It's a shame your take away is the guy who started the thread rather than the questionable legal history of the individual of the person who will be representing the department and the village. I for one will be concerned anytime this individual enters my home, especially since I am turning over my possessions when I call for help. I can't help but wonder what might happen in my absence.

But maybe I'm looking at it as an outside observer instead of a member.
Underachievers

Watertown, NY

#19 Mar 7, 2014
Let's face it being the second assistant chief of the copenhagen criminals club is not a great life achievement. Why does he make so many calls, probably because when he isn't with underage girls or stealing things, he has nothing better to do. The last time I checked an officer was someone would could be looked up to as a role model. If this is best the department can do the residents are in serious trouble. What happens when the department gets called to someone's home and an item comes up missing. What's the departments response going to be then.
knock knock

Albany, NY

#20 Mar 7, 2014
The past is the past. I don't understand why people always bring up the negatives in life. I'm sure a few of you in this life time have done things you regret, its all a part of life you learn from your mistakes. Sometimes people should practice what they preach all the time. God wouldn't be impressed with the way you are treating other people and hiding behind a computer screen tormenting other human beings.
Excuse Me Too

United States

#21 Mar 7, 2014
I think the concern is not a mistake or two. It's a repeated behavior that has gone on time after time as recently as last fall. That's not very far in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) 19 hr Austrian Expat 439
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Mon Who are trying to... 6,413
end of season Mon bystander 3
MS tattoos Aug 30 Dan s 4
the pet zone watertown mall (Nov '12) Aug 30 Izzy 8
zach g Aug 30 Friend 4
Thomass kiernan (Nov '13) Aug 29 Tom Kiernan Decor 8
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••