Upstate New York Officials 'Concerned' About GODSMACK Concert

Jul 20, 2011 Full story: BlabberMouth.net

According to WatertownDailyTimes.com , city officials in Watertown, New York - located approximately 70 miles north of Syracuse and 30 miles south of Canada - are concerned that GODSMACK 's upcoming performance on the city-owned Alex T. Duffy Fairgrounds could cause some of the same problems encountered during last month's TRAGICALLY HIP concert.

Full Story
Mike Flynn

Wimberley, TX

#1 Jul 25, 2011
Progressive? The Mayor attacks musical forms in Watertown, as morally wrong and that isn't progressive. Screw Censorship and Let’s Rock:

Candidate Jeff Smith fights for your adulthood and the right to hear your music played in a live venue. Mayor Graham, who censors your music, now censors me on his Blob,‘The Mayor’s View’ so I can’t fight for our right to hear our music played at the ‘Fairgrounds.’ So here I am. Councilman Smith, who attended the Tragically Hip concert, said “concerts are important for the community. They improve the quality of life, are a cultural resource and bring people from outside the area to spend money at restaurants and hotels, he said, noting that the planned improvements to parks and recreation will help.”“We need to take the steps to make it safer and correct the mistakes,” Mr. Smith said.

Lets keep Mayor Jeffrey Graham and the City Manager stealing your right to music of your choice? Go to a ‘Council meeting and let the Mayor and City Manager know you won’t take the heavy hand of Government interfering with our God given right to hear the music of our choice. Yes, there was sniping from Jeff Graham towards Councilman Jeff Smith about the ‘Fairground Concert’ issue. The Mayor should learn from it (arguing with a Councilman) and move on and act more civil towards colleagues. You shouldn't try to bully an opponent, but instead you should try to persuade them with logic. You chose the route of disrespect and inflaming the Fairgrounds Concert venue issue. You made it into,'Them versus Us' argument, where you and the City Manager advocate for suppression of an entire musical form of proven social and philosophical worth. An Art form Mayor that will be here long after you are voted out of office.

You and your City Manager said the people attending the ‘Tragically Hip concert were a low-brow crowd. They drank too much and it’s the type of music that those types of people like that has to be kept out of the fair grounds. You’re lying, and almost any form of music can be readily attacked by politicians who come and go. Let me set you straight Mayor Graham, Hard Rock or Heavy Metal are musical forms that are here to stay. Those people who like it, are my brothers and sisters, and they are hard working Citizens of the ‘City of Watertown’ who don't need a pontificating political hack like you jumping ugly to them.

Councilman Smith, who attended the Tragically Hip concert, said “concerts are important for the community. They improve the quality of life, are a cultural resource and bring people from outside the area to spend money at restaurants and hotels, he said, noting that the planned improvements to parks and recreation will help.”“We need to take the steps to make it safer and correct the mistakes,” Mr. Smith said. I couldn’t agree more with his take on it and he was there. Were you or the City Manager there Mayor? No!

Mike Flynn ‘Middle Class Mike’

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Joe Voter 6,473
Gouverneur woman charged with issuing bad checks Tue blazer 4
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 6,391
does anyone know joe rezendes? Mon Beth love 1
MS tattoos Sep 29 mizz nosey 7
County attorney says school chief is presumed o... Sep 29 mizz nosey 1
Fort Drum Dating
Find my Match

Fort Drum Jobs

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Drum News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Drum

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]