Town Of Pinckney Elections Process

Town Of Pinckney Elections Process

Posted in the Fort Drum Forum

so concerned

Saranac Lake, NY

#1 Oct 24, 2013
Just wanted to throw a BEWARE out there to the Town of Pinckney residents... YOU ARE BEING SMOKESCREENED. There was an elaborate plan conceived by your town board to replace your current highway superintendent with a write in opponent that was hand selected by the town board, bc they know that the selected individual will not question their motives, as the current elected highway superintendent has. Please understand that the statement you received from the write in opponent is intended to confuse you and distract you on election day. The written in opponent has NO EXPERIENCE and will basically be a pawn and a face for the position so the town board can let the highways and roads go to S***, as they were up until the current TRULY ELECTED official took office. Think about it...how many roads were rebuilt this summer? how many roads have much better maintenance? my last question, if one person can do it, why couldn't the predecessors? the answer is they were pawns also.

THE CURRENT HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT IS NOT, THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE HAD BETTER ROADS AND MAINTENANCE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS... HE HAS WORKED FOR THE TAXPAYERS....NOT THE TOWN BOARD. THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE VOTING!!
Concerned

Redwood, NY

#2 Oct 26, 2013
There is no elaborate scheme. Job performance speaks for itself. Cory road had money spent on it that would not have been necessary if the ditches were dug properly in the first place. Cornell local roads program has guidelines in place. But the current superintendent choose not to attend any of the educational courses to enhance his job performance. Pinckney road is more than likely unpassable since the bad spots were not addressed. Tontarski road has such large rocks put in the wet areas that the farm wagons were damaged. The list goes on. Personnel issues! An employee being told not to take problems to the board!Maybe next time they should just go directly to civil service.
The people of Pinckney are being given a choice, vote for who is on the ballot or write in a name. That is our constitutional right!
Don Cook PINCKNEY

Ashburn, VA

#3 Oct 26, 2013
Typical internet.
People throwing stones at all involved without owning up to their writings.
Put your statements to the truth test by posting your name!
Sandi Dunn Board Member

West Hartford, CT

#4 Oct 26, 2013
so concerned wrote:
Just wanted to throw a BEWARE out there to the Town of Pinckney residents... YOU ARE BEING SMOKESCREENED. There was an elaborate plan conceived by your town board to replace your current highway superintendent with a write in opponent that was hand selected by the town board, bc they know that the selected individual will not question their motives, as the current elected highway superintendent has. Please understand that the statement you received from the write in opponent is intended to confuse you and distract you on election day. The written in opponent has NO EXPERIENCE and will basically be a pawn and a face for the position so the town board can let the highways and roads go to S***, as they were up until the current TRULY ELECTED official took office. Think about it...how many roads were rebuilt this summer? how many roads have much better maintenance? my last question, if one person can do it, why couldn't the predecessors? the answer is they were pawns also.
THE CURRENT HIGHWAY SUPERINTENDENT IS NOT, THAT IS WHY YOU HAVE HAD BETTER ROADS AND MAINTENANCE FOR THE PAST TWO YEARS... HE HAS WORKED FOR THE TAXPAYERS....NOT THE TOWN BOARD. THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE VOTING!!
As a board member, I can assure the town of Pinckney that the boards has NOT hand picked any person to run for the Superintendent position. We have been made aware of the interest expressed by Another individual. I am appalled at this accusation and invite anyone to the board meetings and present any valid questions you may have concerning the town.
Sandi Dunn Board Member

West Hartford, CT

#5 Oct 26, 2013
As a board member, I can assure the town of Pinckney that the boards has NOT hand picked any person to run for the Superintendent position. We have been made aware of the interest expressed by Another individual. I am appalled at this accusation and invite anyone to the board meetings and present any valid questions you may have concerning the town.
Voter Town of Pinckney

Ashburn, VA

#6 Oct 30, 2013
Are you kidding me!!!
The present Highway guy is a joke. His campaign letter surly was written by someone other then him.
What an arrogant, ignorant man.
Completely incompetent on engendering road work. Just a trip around our town will show this to anyone. He has subject town's people to safety issues and his fix to water holes is a big load of cobble stone, hey how about drainage.
You would think a town full of construction workers and farmer's could come up with someone reasonable highway superintendent.
neighboring concern

Saranac Lake, NY

#7 Nov 14, 2013
What a good ole boy club, it,s a bitch when you have someone that's not a pushover, or relation like the last who knows how many superintendants where. All it takes is a bitchfest in the local dump bar, to make this happen. Time will tell about how the agenda works out!!!!!!!!!!
neighboring concern

Saranac Lake, NY

#8 Nov 15, 2013
one f you ignorant pricks mention "what about drinage" he dug ditches to drain things off , you Idiots make him fill them with stone , then bitch because he did what he was told, anybody that knows what's going on really knows that Don, Pierson and the gay man are calling most of the shots. Maybe I should have stood outside the poles and told some of the voters the truth like the other"fella" did with his lies.
Worth resident

Newington, CT

#9 Nov 16, 2013
Living in Worth I drive through Barnes Corners everyday to Eastern Watertown.
I heard about what was going on in the town and the issues with the election. So I thought I would check into this message board.
Like I said I travel the Whitesville road every day and found the town's winter maintenance poor at best. Other town's roads were plowed and Barnes Corners equipment was in the barn making for us to plow our own way home on many occasions. Another thing that always made us question their plan was the plow was off plowing the dirt roads leaving a lane unplowed on Whitesville Rd.
That's all I know and the voters voted very loudly so there must have been other issues. And to resort to name calling in the matter of your last note indicates the moron you really are.
You surly showed your true personality.
Give it up and go away!!!!!!!
Concerned

Cicero, NY

#10 Nov 18, 2013
Sandi Dunn Board Member wrote:
As a board member, I can assure the town of Pinckney that the boards has NOT hand picked any person to run for the Superintendent position. We have been made aware of the interest expressed by Another individual. I am appalled at this accusation and invite anyone to the board meetings and present any valid questions you may have concerning the town.
Apalled, really? maybe you should stop and think about the timing and the fact that your vote counted to bring in the Mysterious "write in candidate". You can say how appalled you are,, but, my dear, birds of a feather flock together, and you are one of the brightest feathers pointing the direction for the others.
Concerned

Cicero, NY

#11 Nov 18, 2013
"Worth resident", Living in Worth I drive through Barnes Corners everyday to Eastern Watertown.
I heard about what was going on in the town and the issues with the election. So I thought I would check into this message board.
Like I said I travel the Whitesville road every day and found the town's winter maintenance poor at best.
Living in Worth... why bother going thru Barnes Corners? logical thinking tells me to take 177. Must be someone was looking for a reason to bitch?!?
Sandi Dunn Board Member

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Nov 18, 2013
Concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
Apalled, really? maybe you should stop and think about the timing and the fact that your vote counted to bring in the Mysterious "write in candidate". You can say how appalled you are,, but, my dear, birds of a feather flock together, and you are one of the brightest feathers pointing the direction for the others.
As a matter of fact "appalled" is right...if it bothers you that I stand for what the people of Pinckney have express than I have no apologies. Carl gave his best, but it is obvious the voters felt it wasn't what they wanted...also no one needs to have anything voted on if they choose to be a write in. Please deal with facts or better yet come to a meeting and express your concerns. By the way, there is a meeting Monday evening at 6:30 come and let us hear your concerns.
Concerned

Cicero, NY

#13 Nov 18, 2013
Sandi Dunn Board Member wrote:
<quoted text>
As a matter of fact "appalled" is right...if it bothers you that I stand for what the people of Pinckney have express than I have no apologies. Carl gave his best, but it is obvious the voters felt it wasn't what they wanted...also no one needs to have anything voted on if they choose to be a write in. Please deal with facts or better yet come to a meeting and express your concerns. By the way, there is a meeting Monday evening at 6:30 come and let us hear your concerns.
Thats right, backpaddle Sandi, keep bringing the true colors out...for the good of Pinckney. You say how you are looking out for the voters, if that is the case, keep showing them true colors.
Sandi Dunn Board Member

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Nov 18, 2013
Come to a meeting and express your concerns
WOW - Really

Cicero, NY

#15 Nov 18, 2013
Voter Town of Pinckney wrote:
Are you kidding me!!!
The present Highway guy is a joke. His campaign letter surly was written by someone other then him.
What an arrogant, ignorant man.
Completely incompetent on engendering road work. Just a trip around our town will show this to anyone. He has subject town's people to safety issues and his fix to water holes is a big load of cobble stone, hey how about drainage.
You would think a town full of construction workers and farmer's could come up with someone reasonable highway superintendent.
Yeah... spelling, grammar, formatting, and punctuation, need I say more? Arrogant and ignorant (looking in a mirror are you?)? Endangering or Engineering? I am sure that en-GENDER-ing doesn't really fit the context of the statement. He has subject or has subjected? Hey how about drainage, that sounds like a question to me, not a statement. Farmer's is possessive and should be a plural. Your post says all we need to know and it sounds to me like you are speaking "good ole boys" club language. Thanks for the insight and the laugh.

Have you ever listened to a speech delivered by a United States President? Or Vice President for that matter? Not to mention every other political figure out there that has ever competed for an office? 90% of their speeches are written for them. Sounds to me that you may be a bit jealous of an opponent that had the brains to dictate his concerns to a professional, in order to have them properly translated and conveyed, not just hammered out in "good ole boys" club language.
Amazed

West Hartford, CT

#16 Nov 18, 2013
Sounds to me like someone sucked at there job and now is a sore loser. Town of Pinckney just move on. Put that mistake behind you.
wondering why

Ithaca, NY

#17 Nov 25, 2013
just sayin... first little bit of snow this year and there was NOT an ounce of sand on the whitesville rd hill... causing an accident... I don't reacall there being any accidents the last two years... Just saying, Maybe Don dosen't realise that he signed himself up for a 24 hour a day job... or maybe the beer just got in the way... who knows. But I GUESS THATS WHAT THE VOTERS WANTED!!
Don Cook

Hartford, CT

#18 Nov 26, 2013
wondering why wrote:
just sayin... first little bit of snow this year and there was NOT an ounce of sand on the whitesville rd hill... causing an accident... I don't reacall there being any accidents the last two years... Just saying, Maybe Don dosen't realise that he signed himself up for a 24 hour a day job... or maybe the beer just got in the way... who knows. But I GUESS THATS WHAT THE VOTERS WANTED!!
Carl, grow up!
Find something better to do. Facts are, was not on the hill, driver saw stop sign to late and reacted with a quick downshift and spun out into the trees. Corner was sanded during the road maintenance that morning. Same driver did maintenance on road that has been on job for several years.
Untrue statement about accidents on that road.
These are the facts.
Find something more constructive to do with your time.
l,
Not Positive

Redwood, NY

#19 Nov 26, 2013
Don Cook you have no way of knowing who is posting what. I listened top all of the talks and have to assume your hands are not totally clean. Obviously nerves have been struck when board members are speaking out and now you. People who deny are usually covering up something, study people it's true.

I've known Carl for years, he comes from a family who worked construction thier entire lives. Carl also doesn't bow to public pleasure. I'm sure town fathers didn't like the fact that he did things the way they should have been done.

If you'd have been above board through the entire process you'd have filed your paperwork to run on time instead of the last minute write in campaign. I agree with the fact you were hand picked by the fathers.... Now just do your job!
Sad but true

United States

#20 Apr 7, 2014
Election season is over, there's always next time

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News City Hall court expansion to cost $2 million 22 hr Canker Sore 1
joe meeks and the meeks family (Nov '11) Apr 30 Gregory joemeeks 13
Do people in Watertown eat their own offspring? (Jul '15) Apr 30 F--ck you 3
Bernie Sander for president (Sep '15) Apr 30 Riparian 3
News Large, Neolithic Flint Axes Discovered in Denmark Apr 28 Canker Sore 1
george stevens Apr 26 MEME 1
News Shawn Raymo Watched Wife, Jessica Raymo, Have O... (Oct '12) Mar '16 fuzzer 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fort Drum Mortgages