N.Y. Police: Armed Soldier Escapes Military Custody

Sep 16, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox News

Police in central New York are searching for an armed 20-year-old soldier who escaped military custody at Fort Drum and led police on a multi-county car chase.

Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Jan 2, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Still on my High Horse

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

Send in Dog the Bounty Hunter or the guys from that show on History Channel - Top Shot to take him out with one bullet.
cicero

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

my advice is to home owners in the area or vicinity leave your keys in your car ? put some money and a change of clothing in your car ? and your home will never be invaded? the first thing he will do is check your car if no keys or a way of escape are in the car he will enter your home and your family might be injured or suffer from the mistakes of our justice system ? this is what i would do to avoided a confrontation and keep my family safe ?
dont

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

Still on my High Horse wrote:
Send in Dog the Bounty Hunter or the guys from that show on History Channel - Top Shot to take him out with one bullet.
Please don't kill this child. He's obviously disturbed! Prolly pts He's someone's child. I pray he comes out alive.
great idea

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

cicero wrote:
my advice is to home owners in the area or vicinity leave your keys in your car ? put some money and a change of clothing in your car ? and your home will never be invaded? the first thing he will do is check your car if no keys or a way of escape are in the car he will enter your home and your family might be injured or suffer from the mistakes of our justice system ? this is what i would do to avoided a confrontation and keep my family safe ?
This is a great idea!
east utica

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

Judged:

cicero wrote:
Its a period after a sentence Not a question mark!!!
cicero

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2011

I'm trying to make people think about their safety and make their own discussions. decide whats best for them i want them to question my opinions my ideas and come to their own conclusions regarding their own safety and evaluate the problem where to park the car under a light leave the keys in the ignition with window open on the seat who knows ,,carry a gun all night,, leave home completely ,,,,park your car under or near a light so the criminal can see it leave food in the car anything to keep your family safe my ideas are prob not 100% right but it gets people thinking ????
Jim Charles

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Look, this is my nephew. About two years ago he was all excited about going to some Christian summer camp. He likes cats and he likes to ride a dirtbike and four wheeler in the woods. Small animals come right up to him and adore him.
The press is trying to make him out to be Rambo. I worked as a police beat reporter for over ten years, I know how that goes.
The reality is that he spent three months in Afghanistan and he got shot at and he nearly got blown up. You know, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is not something that only affects Vietnam Vets.
Yes, he made a serious mistake. Yes he showed some poor judgement. 20 year olds are apt to do that. We, his family just hope and pray that he will realize how far out of hand this has gotten and will turn himself in, before he or somebody else gets seriously hurt.
This is a good young man. He served his country bravely and proudly in a COMBAT UNIT where it was 120 degrees in the daytime. He had bullet holes in one of his uniforms. NOT ONCE did he complain about the conditions or the danger.
When he was younger he did struggle with depression and it seems like after he got back to the US that what he went through in Afghanistan has caused that struggle to get the best of him.
I love him very much. Please remember he is my nephew and he is not some animal or mad dog. He is just a very young man, who was a very good combat unit soldier who has gotten into some trouble that has gotten out of hand. He could be your nephew or your brother or your son too. Please pray for him.
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
Ex Super Trooper

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Send in Tony and Kim
riiiight

Wilbraham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Jim Charles wrote:
Look, this is my nephew. About two years ago he was all excited about going to some Christian summer camp. He likes cats and he likes to ride a dirtbike and four wheeler in the woods. Small animals come right up to him and adore him.
The press is trying to make him out to be Rambo. I worked as a police beat reporter for over ten years, I know how that goes.
The reality is that he spent three months in Afghanistan and he got shot at and he nearly got blown up. You know, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder is not something that only affects Vietnam Vets.
Yes, he made a serious mistake. Yes he showed some poor judgement. 20 year olds are apt to do that. We, his family just hope and pray that he will realize how far out of hand this has gotten and will turn himself in, before he or somebody else gets seriously hurt.
This is a good young man. He served his country bravely and proudly in a COMBAT UNIT where it was 120 degrees in the daytime. He had bullet holes in one of his uniforms. NOT ONCE did he complain about the conditions or the danger.
When he was younger he did struggle with depression and it seems like after he got back to the US that what he went through in Afghanistan has caused that struggle to get the best of him.
I love him very much. Please remember he is my nephew and he is not some animal or mad dog. He is just a very young man, who was a very good combat unit soldier who has gotten into some trouble that has gotten out of hand. He could be your nephew or your brother or your son too. Please pray for him.
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
Hoping for the best outcome for him, Jim. Hang in there. Wherever he is, he needs friends.
truthfully

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Jim Charles wrote:
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
My heart aches for his family. I pray law enforcement don't shoot to kill him. He is not armed he escaped custody. If he wanted to die he would have hurt himself already Or taken hostages. I pray that They Our government gives him the help he needs and returns him back to his family. My prayers are with all of his family at this time!
Dont

Ithaca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Jim Charles wrote:
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
My prayers are all with you from the beginning. Pts is awful . And he is someone's child I pray God Brings him to you healed and whole.
kwd

Linden, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Bottom line is this man is a Hero. he was in the Affy and did his job there ..you know so the stupid fucks in Richfield can pretend they are tough guys with their"shoot him etc etc"I wish I could find him..I would go try and help him out with a good attorney,after i gave him a good dinner and a beer or two.How much money have the trigger happy cops wasted now trying to catch an escaped (allegedly)burgalar?? They stand at the road blocks laughn and bs'ing and meantime this Soilder could have walked 20 feet from them and they wouldn't even know it..Get his command or unit out here and bring him in safely.Something ain't right with this picture..all this for what he is accused of??something just isn't right when a man goes to war and does his job..sees what they seen over there and then we have stupid fucks wanting him harmed>>? It seems some peeps want him to do something bad??it would take just one proper man to get this kid in custody safely.again..he is a Hero of mine and he should be the same to every REAL AMERICAN!!..In my Prayers man...and the rest of you asses put your vengence into gettn the fn dope heads put in jail..
Ken Domion
KLK

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Police need to leave this kid alone. He has been through enough. All they are doing is pushing him more and more to break. Leave him be, let him come out on his own. Look how strong this boy is to have survived, kept moving and has not given up. We are all too quick to judge a person because of their actions but does anyone ever think that there's more than what meets the eye. He has not hurt anyone and he has had many chances to fo so and he hasn't. He has served our country in the most honorable way a person can. I pray that this young man receives the help he needs and deserved.

“When Irish Eyes are Smiling..”

Since: May 11

Watch Out!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

I hope that he keeps a clear head and realizes where this could go and just turns him self in and comes out without a tragedy happening.
You could help

Baldwinsville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Why don't you go and poop out acouple of quiffs....your dried up old love muffin stink will drive him in!
cicero

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

Jim Charles wrote:
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
i hope he gets away forever. because the NY state troopers are trigger happy..they resort to killing dogs they are so kill thrived
postaljpv

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

We can't even get rid of the Criminal in the White House, you expect this to go well.
riiiight

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Glad he has surrendered peacefully and is safe, no matter what charges he's facing. This could have ended tragically, but it didn't.
Concerned Citizen

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Thank you GOD for keeping this young man safe. It should be apparent to everyone that this is just a scared kid who has gotten in over his head. Who knows the demons he is fighting after being in Afganistan. I will continue to pray for his well being.
Amen

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Jim Charles wrote:
Jim Charles
Logan West Virginia
You have your boy back safe! Thank God. He's a hero And make certain you tell him he had all the locals support. Good luck I'm happy for the out come

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Motorcycle Club in Area (Apr '13) 16 hr Militiaman 4
Randy Huot of Brier Hill 21 hr Be Careful 1
carthage molly dealer 22 hr hidingmysht 1
Happy 23 hr Nobody 1
Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) Fri walkerwilliam91 3
Motorcycle Riding Club For Combat Veterans Fri Militiaman 1
Fort Drum solider arrested for criminal sex act... (Jul '12) Fri stupid 9

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Drum People Search