11 Arrested On Welfare Fraud Charges

Oct 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WWNY-TV Watertown

The Lewis County Sheriff's Department has arrested 11 people in connection with alleged welfare fraud.

Comments
581 - 591 of 591 Comments Last updated Mar 29, 2013
First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Quiet

Chazy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Who is quiet?
port leyden

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2009

Whats Up Folks wrote:
maybe you folks would like to know how it is to be forced to take thirteen pills in the am three at noon and five at supper oh and dont forget two at bed time! Oh I thought not
sellor taken that many
confussed

Westmoreland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2010

most cheating comes from health care offices They will bill and rebill
I went to dr. once paid cash did not owe any thing a few weeks later got a letter from tenncare said they were not going to pay it I did not have tenncare What reason did the dr. office even try to get paid again?
Dam

Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Y name calling? Grow up. And yes there is cheating but how about stop bitching and do something about it. Like if have proof then fix it. Make calls
xxx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Judged:

SSI and unemployment sell scrap metal, too. Why work when you can live on same income as a working person ? If everybody was like these scumbags who would foot the bill? Talk about fraud all the time while they don`t police it. Only time they get caught is when a private workin citzen turns them in, then lots of times theres no follow up anyway. Lets go back to olden days and put these frauds in the poor house where they can be watched and can`t cheat on all the freebees. Need drug testing on them , too.
Dam

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2012

Agree. Mandated drug testing. And yes they need to b turned in and there needs to b follow up. Lewis county has a very bad drug problem and fraud issues. So let's hope that there is enough people out there to stand up and help put amend to it.
haha

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2012

as i was reading this mess on here it came to my attention that the guy calling himself "jayman" on here is none other than Gene Stanford himself...now you may understand why he got so defensive.he is living off the system and what he doesnt get there he gets from his mommy.and to the lady on here that said something about what he does being illegal your right he does and gets away with it.He takes "13" pills cause he is a nut case.
iasca

Carthage, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are on Supplimental Security Income, then what is that? I would consider that on the "system", I would consider that you have a disability of some sort and that you can't work for some reason - physical, mental, etc., so yes, you are on the "system". Be careful of who you are judging, because some day it may come back to bite you. I don't agree at all with people cheating the welfare system at all - there have been generations of families on the system for years because they are too lazy to work, and then there are people like the ones who have gotten caught stealing thousands of dollars from the welfare system, it needs to stop. If you truly need the help then fine, but if people are too lazy to work, then no, go get a job and support yourself and you family and quit depending on the system to do for you what you should do for yourself.
Sorry if I defending anyone, but that is the way that I was taught by my parents, and yes I work full time and have for the past 24 years and will continue until I retire and I don't know when that will be.
Being on SSI is not being on any system. If you work it is taken out of your checks in case you every become disabled. Know what your saying. To get SSI is not as easy as social services , You have to have much proof and many doctors. and you dont get it in a week. maybe years?So in the long run your fighting to get your own money back.. For the purpose its taken. You cant just get SS its not that easy..
frompl

Hudson, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 26, 2012

haha wrote:
as i was reading this mess on here it came to my attention that the guy calling himself "jayman" on here is none other than Gene Stanford himself...now you may understand why he got so defensive.he is living off the system and what he doesnt get there he gets from his mommy.and to the lady on here that said something about what he does being illegal your right he does and gets away with it.He takes "13" pills cause he is a nut case.
The thing with gene is he can work. He scraps all the time and steal from people so if he can do that he can work.
McIntyre

Boonville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2012

Judged:

she will get it her time is coming!you wait and see!she thinks shes pretty wait untill she really gets hammered!they might not do anything to her now,but they will when they catch her and when they do shes ging to have to payback every sent!then we will see what people really look when they are on welfare looks like she dont get anything now cause she gets verything "free"
Anonymous

Vernon, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2013

Proud Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are on Supplimental Security Income, then what is that? I would consider that on the "system", I would consider that you have a disability of some sort and that you can't work for some reason - physical, mental, etc., so yes, you are on the "system". Be careful of who you are judging, because some day it may come back to bite you. I don't agree at all with people cheating the welfare system at all - there have been generations of families on the system for years because they are too lazy to work, and then there are people like the ones who have gotten caught stealing thousands of dollars from the welfare system, it needs to stop. If you truly need the help then fine, but if people are too lazy to work, then no, go get a job and support yourself and you family and quit depending on the system to do for you what you should do for yourself.
Sorry if I defending anyone, but that is the way that I was taught by my parents, and yes I work full time and have for the past 24 years and will continue until I retire and I don't know when that will be.
I agree, SSI is Supplimental security insurance, it suppliments your household income because of a disability u or someone has in yours household, so YES YOU R ON THE SYSTEM, so what I say to u is this: He who lives in a glass house, should never cast stones!!!! Get the point, Mr Or Miss im not on the system.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 30
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Fort Drum Forum right now

Search the Fort Drum Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Copenhagen Firemen's Field Day 2 hr School 31
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Adam Wolff 6,371
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Mon sdd 755
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Mon trs 16,778
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Mon land of the slaves 6,371
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fort Drum Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••