Military travelers get room at New York airport

There are 4 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Military travelers get room at New York airport. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Weary soldiers traveling through Syracuse's airport will soon have a special room to pass the time while waiting for rides and flights - thanks to some local veterans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Proud Army Mom

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jul 15, 2008
It is about time! My son is a soldier with the 10th Mountain out of Fort Drum NY and I can't tell the hours that he has spent sitting around that airport! With no air flight service into Watertown NY any longer (the nearest airport to Fort Drum), soldiers are forced to wait for hours in Syracuse until a base shuttle can get down there to pick them up.

Military members and their familes are spoiled with the Mpls/St Paul airport and our Armed Forces Service Center here. I thought every airport had a Center like we do. My son learned quickly that our airport is the exception!

Thank you to these wonderful people for starting this there in Syracuse! And thank you to all those volunteers that run the Armed Forces Service Center at our Twin Cities airport! God Bless you all!
Native New Yorker

Plymouth, MN

#2 Jul 15, 2008
That's the spirit of New York for you!
peaches

Steinheim, Germany

#3 Jan 30, 2010
Get over it, Soldiers are taught to wait
Athlete

Mastic Beach, NY

#5 Feb 3, 2010
In my opinion, if you get shot at while wearing the flag of your country, then when you come home to that country someone had better get up off their civilian ass and show you some respect.

(I say this as a civilian who has never served in battle, before someone starts in...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Carthage, NY (Jan '12) Thu the truth 4
Kevin Sanderson May 20 I hate a thief 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Carthage, NY (Jan '12) May 19 Shawn ferguson 2
Frank D. LaVancha II popped again for possessio... May 19 Shawn ferguson 10
Life May 18 sunny 2
News Lowville attorney plans challenge of two-term L... May 18 joanne 5
you May 14 kimberly 1
More from around the web

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE