Soldier arrested in Ohio for NY stabbing deaths | The Columbus ...

A Fort Drum soldier was arrested at a hotel in southern Ohio early today on a warrant charging him in the stabbing deaths of two fellow servicemen at an apartment near the military post in northern New York. Full Story
Michael W

Pickerington, OH

#1 Dec 2, 2009
I think it's just about time that EVERYONE (companies and the military) invest in hiring MANY people whose only job is to research people and check into their social web site acitivities and comments. It's also tme for Facebook and the like to quit making the "private" option available to anyone - if you have something to say and it's not threatening to anyone ... what do you have to hide? It's not like you're too worried about privacy when your posting pictures of yourself and making insane comments! Social web sites could be the authorities best friend and stop crimes before they happen!
Neighbor to Fort Drum

New York, NY

#2 Dec 2, 2009
We have lost three young men who had made a commitment to serve their country. Three young men that were friends and comrades in arms. Let's pray that all the families can find some comfort during this horribly trying time. It is very unfortunate that whatever was troubling this Soldier went undetected or unnoticed by his friends, his family and the Army.

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#3 Dec 2, 2009
while i pray for the victims and allthe families involved,when are we going to realize that our sevice members are fried out and that they need time to decompress between what seem like endless rotations?if the war is so righteous where is the draft?i know the military keeps hitting quotas but look how they are doing it,by accepting people who would have never been taken before.they are taking older,out of shape recruits,they have even lowered the criminal record stndard just to make the goals.it is time to wake up and realize that our military is stretched to it's breaking point.
lawyers

Bellefontaine, OH

#4 Dec 2, 2009
When I was in the service in the 60's, young men were given the choice of going to jail or join the Army. We didn't have mass murders then, so what has changed?
mosholder

Netherlands

#5 Dec 2, 2009
It's probably better for these soldiers. If they couldn't defend themselves, they have no business defending our country.
WhatThe

Columbus, OH

#6 Dec 2, 2009
mosholder wrote:
It's probably better for these soldiers. If they couldn't defend themselves, they have no business defending our country.
DON'T FEED THE TROLL
Orly

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 2, 2009
Michael W wrote:
I think it's just about time that EVERYONE (companies and the military) invest in hiring MANY people whose only job is to research people and check into their social web site acitivities and comments. It's also tme for Facebook and the like to quit making the "private" option available to anyone - if you have something to say and it's not threatening to anyone ... what do you have to hide? It's not like you're too worried about privacy when your posting pictures of yourself and making insane comments! Social web sites could be the authorities best friend and stop crimes before they happen!
Great idea! If you have nothing to hide, you shouldn't be worried about privacy right? Set an example for the rest of us and tell us all about yourself. Name, address, phone number, employer, hopes, dreams, darkest fears, etc.

Let's just call it quits and give up our rights to privacy in the name of security. I'm sure the soldiers that died would agree 100%!
Archie Bunker on steroids

Springboro, OH

#8 Dec 2, 2009
How about a little demographic info - is the perp possibly involved with the Nation of Islam, or is he Amish?

“jimmy agler”

Since: Jul 09

grandview hts

#9 Dec 3, 2009
Archie Bunker on steroids wrote:
How about a little demographic info - is the perp possibly involved with the Nation of Islam, or is he Amish?
if he was a muslim we would have been told that up front.if he is a christianthe media will say his religion was irrelevant to his actions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Drum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr conklincolt 6,467
Gouverneur woman charged with issuing bad checks 10 hr blazer 4
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 19 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 20 hr NAVYVET 6,391
does anyone know joe rezendes? Mon Beth love 1
MS tattoos Mon mizz nosey 7
County attorney says school chief is presumed o... Mon mizz nosey 1
Fort Drum Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Fort Drum Jobs

Fort Drum People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Fort Drum News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Fort Drum

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]