Fort Dodge Police involved in ch...

Fort Dodge Police involved in ch...

There are 2 comments on the The Messenger story from Feb 22, 2011, titled Fort Dodge Police involved in ch.... In it, The Messenger reports that:

A car chase that began at Sixth Avenue South and 13th Street with a routine traffic stop by Fort Dodge police resulted in two arrests Tuesday afternoon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Messenger.

eva larson

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2011
In regards to your artical on police chase results in 2 arrests. I along with many,many others witnessed the end of the car chase in our neighborhoodfrom the time the car crashed until the 1 victim was put in the ambulance.The news paper and radio stations were grossly over exagerated to by our police department as to the way things happened!I understand that the driver had a lengthy record of sorts but regardless of that their was absolutly no reason for our officiers to ue the focethey used on this young man!!! Once the officiers had himin their hands this man did nothing in the way of trying to resist. The yelling and unjustified hands on this man were basicaly horrific to the on lookers watching. Their is no justifying what was done to him regardless of his past. What kind of example are they setting for the public? We have a few officiers who needn't be with our police force due to their wrongful doing and never had any consequenses for their actions.Some of the people from the crowd witnessed the mother of this young man arrive at the scene and ran to her telling her what they witnessed the police doing to her son and seveal of them gave her their names and numbers incase they were needed as witnesses to testify.But best of all was some who was video tapping in their yard and captured the hole thing on tape.Maybe the man upstairs was looking out for this man because he will beable to show exactlly what happened and who did what.it was the most dispictable display of authority I've seen in all my years and its time for the citizens of Fort Dodge o see first hand how the FDPD uses their authority to their advantage and how dispictable they can be.How can we teach the younger generation or anyone for that fact to respect or obey our laws and officiers when respect isn't given both ways?
Concerned citizen of Fort Dodge
Teresa Namtla

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2011
I think everyone in the fort dodge community needs to read the comment on the article of police chase.
EVERYONE!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fort Dodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Damaging Winds, Hail and Isolated Tornadoes Pos... May 11 school taken out ... 1
News Iowa math teacher fired for not believing in God (May '10) Mar '15 Aided 3
News Former office manager charged with theft Mar '15 Honest Abe 1
News Supervisors to study alternative youth shelter (Sep '14) Sep '14 johhny 1
News Free Obamacare Seminar (Jan '14) Jan '14 Just Me 1
fort dodge police (Apr '10) Dec '13 ike 4
CHEVY Male 3yrs old Sharpei lost in Fort Dodge (Dec '13) Dec '13 Dog Lover 1
More from around the web

Fort Dodge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]